Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#721 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

I love this promo! Helps get rid of some crap dvds I have and expand my Blu collection.

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13

#722 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

How were you planning to use these when those movies come out? they are only good during the time of the promotion.

Oh, I was not aware. No big loss then.

76561197977061647.png

#723 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

There's not a single copy of Dredd in my area within a 30 mile radius. I doubt it was sold out in the morning. There's a ton of Total Recall.

#724 TVsRobLowe

TVsRobLowe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

You should have pointed out that in their own ads it shows the price of the movies after the sale price and coupon together, or had them call corporate in front of you to verify how the coupons work. I wouldn't have given up personally.

Damn. Had I known it showed it like in the ad, I would have. But I didn't and I was alone with my two young daughters - they were already getting antsy and some things just aren't worth fighting for. Best Buy lost a sale (the manager looked shocked that I didn't want to just buy it at the sale price), and had other customers in line see them deny me a coupon they had just given me. A well written nasty gram will be sent today though.

Did you get your junk bin DVD back? As junk as it may be, they don't deserve anything if they can't help you out.

No, but it was "K-Pax", so no big loss.

#725 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I finally got to the closest BBY near me to take advantage of this sale for the first time ever (after first stopping at Dollar Tree to pick up five garbage DVDs for $4.29! :)). I got:

Taken 2 $7.99
Moon $4.99
Hook $4.99
The Town $4.99
The Hangover Part II (steelbook) $4.99

#726 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

There's not a single copy of Dredd in my area within a 30 mile radius. I doubt it was sold out in the morning. There's a ton of Total Recall.

I have checked several times daily and there hasn't been a copy available in the Los Angeles area since release week. It seems like they are bogarting the copies until this promo is over. Even this week, with the title in the ad, none of the stores had them in stock. Highly annoying. Oh well :-/

#727 Gerryatrics

Gerryatrics

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I have checked several times daily and there hasn't been a copy available in the Los Angeles area since release week. It seems like they are bogarting the copies until this promo is over. Even this week, with the title in the ad, none of the stores had them in stock. Highly annoying. Oh well :-/

I think it was quietly recalled due to all the issues with playback on certain blu-ray players. There's an exchange program in place for those who already have a copy.

#728 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I picked up Grave of the Fireflies and Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai yesterday. Grave of the Fireflies processed fine, but for some reason for Hara-Kiri, the $5 coupon discount didn't register, and customer service had to manually apply it. At first, I didn't even notice it had happened, because I bought them with a few other items so the total wasn't wrong in a way that was immediately obvious. I only felt like something wasn't right and looked at the receipt again as I was leaving the store. The receipt showed that two coupons had been scanned, but only showed one being applied to the one title. Fortunately, CS gave me no problems whatsoever about adjusting it. But moral to this story is to check your receipt before you leave, and make sure that the discount has been applied as expected -- don't know if I'd have had more trouble if I'd discovered it later when they didn't remember me from ringing me up a minute earlier. Particularly watch if you pick up Hara-Kiri.

#729 bearkiss

bearkiss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think it was quietly recalled due to all the issues with playback on certain blu-ray players. There's an exchange program in place for those who already have a copy.

where is this exchange program for Dredd 3d? I can't find it!

#730 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Where are you getting all of this nonsense from? They haven't recalled anything, nor is there any exchange program currently in place. I do believe BB are the ones that received bad batches of this, so I advise people who want this to get it from another retailer.

#731 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Where are you getting all of this nonsense from? They haven't recalled anything, nor is there any exchange program currently in place. I do believe BB are the ones that received bad batches of this, so I advise people who want this to get it from another retailer.

That's also info I think the rest of us would like, even if we bought it elsewhere.

No public posting by the studio or the distributor about bad batches of discs? It's scuttlebutt and rumor otherwise.

#732 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Anyone know how prevalent these bad Dredd discs are? I got a copy waiting for store pickup but I got the impression that Best Buy was one of the biggest offenders for bad discs. I apparently have one of the last copies in the immediate area (coming up unavailable almost everywhere now), so it doesn't look like it will be as simple as exchanging it if there is a problem.

#733 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I thought it was Total Recall that had issues, not Dredd? so they both do? Well both worked fine for me on 2 different set ups and multiple family members borrowing them (yeah, x-mas time was crazy with Total Recall, everyone wanted to see that) The Dredd did however take a long ass time to boot up. I guess b/c its a dual 2D / 3D disc really taxed the player..it was like 4 minutes of black screen before it popped up running.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#734 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I found that with both HD DVD's and Blu-Ray Trade ins, that if I put them into regular DVD cases they don't seem to care, but the moment they see The "Blu or Maroon" (or whatever the hell the color of HD DVD's are) they get all red-flaggie....

I was denied HD-DVD as part of the trade in during the first go. The clueless newbie at the front desk read the coupon and says it must be DVD. So, HD-DVD doesn't count. :roll:

Then, on the second trip, they accepted it. The senior staff says it says hd-DVD, so he accepted it. I kept quiet. :-#

I've traded in my unopened/still in shrinkwrap 'The Departed' which (I got for free) for the Steelbook Blu version for $5. ;)

#735 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but anyone looking to pick up Smokin' Aces, or picked up it during the U&S promo, the double pack with both movies is on sale for 9.99, 4.99 after coupon. There was no signage in-store.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#736 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

They are just not carrying some of the $10 Blu-ray titles I want in store, might try & have the people at customer service do a ship to home order. I got one to do it last time, got denied another time so it's YMMV on that.

#737 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I was gonna return my Book of Eli steelbook but it rang up as Clash of the Titans?!?!? I wonder if my cashier just rang up the same movie twice. I guess I won't be returning that now.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#738 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Had my first denial with this today...

I seen Dredd was on sale, and after Red Box-ing it the other night I knew it was something I wanted to own. I grabbed a DVD out of my junk bin and went to customer service, I was given a receipt and a photocopied version of the coupon.

I was able to get the last copy of Dredd and went to check out. The coupon they printed wasn't working, so we went to another register where the manager was. The manager read the coupon then tried to explain to tell me that the coupon's fine print reads "Not valid with any other coupon or promotional price" I said a sale price is neither, then asked if i could just use the coupon on full price "No, I'm sorry the sale price is what is in the system" After saying I'd used the same coupon on sale prices before, they just weren't getting it. I said forget it, if I can't use the coupon I just got from customer service, then I didn't want it. Then they said "We'll need to keep this coupon in case someone uses it again so we have a record of it in case it is a forgery." I said fine, I wouldn't be shopping there again away.

This place deserves to go out of business.

Why didn't you grab an ad? It says something like $14.99 in coupon.. it highlights the fact that you can use the coupon

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#739 Gerryatrics

Gerryatrics

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

where is this exchange program for Dredd 3d? I can't find it!

That's also info I think the rest of us would like, even if we bought it elsewhere.

No public posting by the studio or the distributor about bad batches of discs? It's scuttlebutt and rumor otherwise.

My apologies, it was Total Recall with the official exchange program, nothing from Lionsgate about Dredd yet. A possible recall is only speculation on why copies of the blu-ray are disappearing from Best Buy's shelves, but I suppose it could just be that popular.

#740 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Picked up Ted and took a chance on the last copy of Dredd. Put the disc in and it says not compatible. Hopefully Lionsgate fixes the problem.

#741 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

when is silent hill 2 coming out and can you use deal on pre-orders

#742 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I picked up few movies today. Best Picture Box Set $15, Smokin Aces 1 & 2 Box Set $5, Death Race 1/2 $5, Me, Myself & Irene & Shallow Hal $5, Eraser & Collateral $5. 15 movies under $43.50 after taxes ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#743 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I picked up few movies today. Best Picture Box Set $15, Smokin Aces 1 & 2 Box Set $5, Death Race 1/2 $5, Me, Myself & Irene & Shallow Hal $5, Eraser & Collateral $5. 15 movies under $43.50 after taxes ;)

Is MMI/ Shallow Hal a dual pack? I'm confused.

#744 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Is MMI/ Shallow Hal a dual pack? I'm confused.

Yes, 2 movies in 1 pack ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#745 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

What is this best picture box set you speak of and do you have the sku for it?

#746 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

What is this best picture box set you speak of and do you have the sku for it?

http://www.bestbuy.c...x set&lp=3&cp=1
SKU: 4569687

Includes:
The English Patient (1996), MPAA Rating: R
Shakespeare in Love (1998), MPAA Rating: R
Chicago (2002), MPAA Rating: PG-13
Crash (2005), MPAA Rating: R
No Country for Old Men (2007), MPAA Rating: R

#747 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Picked up Ted and took a chance on the last copy of Dredd. Put the disc in and it says not compatible. Hopefully Lionsgate fixes the problem.

popped in my copy of dredd and got a bit worried, took a minute for it to start up on the blu ray player but it seems fine now

i had no idea there was issues with some bestbuy copies

#748 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Are Dredd and the total recall remake worth buying at these prices? Heard/read mixed reviews on both. Anyone seen Dredd and raid redemption, if so how much of "creative liberties" are "borrowed" from RR?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#749 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I didn't care much for Total Recall

when is silent hill 2 coming out and can you use deal on pre-orders

2/12, no

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#750 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Are Dredd and the total recall remake worth buying at these prices? Heard/read mixed reviews on both. Anyone seen Dredd and raid redemption, if so how much of "creative liberties" are "borrowed" from RR?

Let me begin by saying I never saw the original Judge Dredd or Total Recall.

I enjoyed both of the remakes though. Dredd had plenty of nonstop action scenes, and Total Recall was a decent enough popcorn flick. Keep in mind I bought both of these as UV codes on here for less than $3.50 each, so it was a whole lot less than a disc copy.

Raid Redemption was amazing. Like a 2 hr movie of Asian Bourne scenes.
Posted Image