• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#781 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

its really not worth the 5 extra dollars. :|

extra $5 LOL I don't care about what it cost today I got 60 days to pm, the blu's don't hold there prices * usually kmart, target or walmart will come thru with $13-$15.

#782 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

to my surprise my bestbuy restocked this week, got a lot of inventory in on movies i had not seen before

I wish I could say the same. I frequent two best buys and both are pretty depleted of anything I'm even remotely interested in. Quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing the same shit.

#783 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Made my last run for upgrade and save today, i noticed those triple feature packs were down to 14.99, instead of 19.99 that they were like a week ago. i picked up that jfk/any given sunday/ natural born killers pack and the kevin smith one. i also grabbed the dark knight returns with the figurine, se7en, and blood diamond. my store had a couple of the batman with the figurines left, but most the stores on the island are sold out

#784 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I wish I could say the same. I frequent two best buys and both are pretty depleted of anything I'm even remotely interested in. Quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing the same shit.

My stores are the same. Both stores here are incredibly picked over. I have 4 coupons left to use as well. Hoping stores here get restocked in the next few days. Otherwise I'm going to be losing out on some of my trades.

#785 jeeper421

jeeper421

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Alien anthology 23.99 before coupon picked it up today it's a really good deal with the coupon

#786 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ordering movies by genre is great. Apparently my Best Buy thinks Killer Joe is a comedy.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#787 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I picked up Alien Anthology too. Already got 21 Jump Street earlier.

#788 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

to my surprise my bestbuy restocked this week, got a lot of inventory in on movies i had not seen before

Yeah, mine had Seven and some other random stuff in a cardboard stand that wasn't there before. Also found the MMI/Shallow Hal that randomly appeared.
FadeToOne.png

#789 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Made my last run for upgrade and save today, i noticed those triple feature packs were down to 14.99, instead of 19.99 that they were like a week ago. i picked up that jfk/any given sunday/ natural born killers pack and the kevin smith one. i also grabbed the dark knight returns with the figurine, se7en, and blood diamond. my store had a couple of the batman with the figurines left, but most the stores on the island are sold out

Just curious, "island"? I was looking for this in Hawaii but looks like its out. Are we talking Rhode Island?

Stores here seem wiped out. Anyone know if the coupons will get honored the next go round? YMMV?

#790 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

jesus Fuck cakes of madagascar my 3 Best Buys are cleaned out to hell of blu rays, couldn't find shit! I still have one more to get 5 bucks off, but like NOTHING I want. Sigh, I settled for Dr. Strangelove book edition last time. Not bad but still! :(
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#791 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Every time I go in with a DVD to get the coupon, the experience is always different. First, the employee thinks I want to upgrade the DVD (an anime title which also resulted in a weird stare), then she processes the DVD as a mobile credit and I get a receipt instead of a coupon. This was a red flag for me since I had a similar experience that took 3 hours to fix between two stores going back and forth. She assures me the cashier will scan the barcode on the receipt.

I pick up Dark Knight Returns Part 2 and go to the cashier area where are NO CASHIERS whatsoever; in fact, there wasn't even a security guard at the front entrance. After about a minute of standing "in line" (there was no line), I go back to customer service (also no line) and pay $10.59 for the Blu Ray.

Apparently if you're not buying a computer/tablet/cell phone [where the majority of the employees were standing], that store isn't interested in anything else you want to purchase.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#792 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Just curious, "island"? I was looking for this in Hawaii but looks like its out. Are we talking Rhode Island?

Stores here seem wiped out. Anyone know if the coupons will get honored the next go round? YMMV?

haha my bad, no i meant long island.

#793 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Every time I go in with a DVD to get the coupon, the experience is always different. First, the employee thinks I want to upgrade the DVD (an anime title which also resulted in a weird stare), then she processes the DVD as a mobile credit and I get a receipt instead of a coupon. This was a red flag for me since I had a similar experience that took 3 hours to fix between two stores going back and forth. She assures me the cashier will scan the barcode on the receipt.

I pick up Dark Knight Returns Part 2 and go to the cashier area where are NO CASHIERS whatsoever; in fact, there wasn't even a security guard at the front entrance. After about a minute of standing "in line" (there was no line), I go back to customer service (also no line) and pay $10.59 for the Blu Ray.

Apparently if you're not buying a computer/tablet/cell phone [where the majority of the employees were standing], that store isn't interested in anything else you want to purchase.

Oh dude, its the same at my store most of the time...whenever I need help getting a game out of the cage, or need help with a movie or something else "smaller", no one is to be found.

But I go in and just LOOK at TVs and I get swarmed by 3 guys.

I once waited back at the gaming station to do a trade in and waited a good 20 minutes, clearly standing by the register. About 5 employees past me and didn't say one thing. Talk about rude.
Posted Image

#794 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Best buy thought we were buddies anywho
I finally found a bestbuy that had both Dark Knight Returns Part 1&2 only to hear that the manufactures coupon doesn't stack with U&S .......told her screw it I'll just download the torrent

#795 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Best buy thought we were buddies anywho
I finally found a bestbuy that had both Dark Knight Returns Part 1&2 only to hear that the manufactures coupon doesn't stack with U&S .......told her screw it I'll just download the torrent

They do stack with the U&S coupons. Best Buy gets refunded by the manufacturer for those coupons, so they lose nothing on it and they have to accept them.

#796 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Mines didn't next time I'll bitch about it

#797 BronsonsArmor

BronsonsArmor

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

My last trip during the U&S promotion and I netted The Rocky collection and the Alien Anthology. I got lucky, found the last Rocky collection stashed behind a bunch of other random dvds. The total was $34.07 after tax and with trading in 2 dvds and using a RZ credit. Not bad but I cant help but feel the hole in my pocket thats left after the wake of this U&S lol.

#798 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

gave up on trying to find dark knight returns part 1 and just purchased part 2 today, will try to get part 1 on ebay for reasonable price

#799 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

gave up on trying to find dark knight returns part 1 and just purchased part 2 today, will try to get part 1 on ebay for reasonable price

My store had at least 12 copies of part 1 tonight. But they were under this sku http://www.bestbuy.c...turns&lp=5&cp=1
and not the regular sku. Because that webpage has the "(bby)" in the title like the joker figure part 2 special edition and all of the best buy exclusives steelbooks, I stupidly thought that store had 3+ special editions of Dark Knight Returns part 1 in stock with the batman figure. Boy, did I feel stupid when I saw 12+ copies of the regular version.

Anyway, I bought the regular version of part 1 and the best buy edition of part 2. They accepted the upgrade and save coupons and the manufacturers coupon.

Part 1 was marked $16.99, but the employee wouldn't pricematch the advertised price. I didn't push it too much because it's still a good price with all the coupons.

Unfortunately the Part 2 best buy edition cardboard box looks like someone sat on it, stepped on it, and then ran it over with their car. This shit just released two days ago and it looks like it's been trampled.

#800 sweeetja713

sweeetja713

I've been a member too damn long to be a newbie again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Where's the manufacturer's coupon for the two dark knight returns

Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

Come check out my tradelist. It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games. Includes pen and paper rpgs and more. http://www.cheapassg...hl= sweeetja713
Do you have a Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA box if so please pm me. I want it.

#801 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Where's the manufacturer's coupon for the two dark knight returns

It is a sticker on The Dark Knight Returns Part 2.

#802 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Here is what I bought during the upgrade and save sale the prices are what I paid out of my own pocket. I used some reward zone certificates. I only traded in one DVD for the coupon. I got rest of my coupons from Best Buy Mobile when I checked my phones upgrade status. When I bought The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2 at same time I used the manufacturer coupon, the price below includes the manufacture coupon.

King Kong $4.99
Inglorious Basterds $2.49
Inception$2.49
Taken $1.31
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind $6.66
Departed $3.32
Taken 2 $7.99
Batman: Dark Knight Returns - Part 1 $4.83
Batman: Dark Knight Returns - Part 2 $3.15

#803 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Picked up Dark Knight Returns parts 1 abd 2 today. Part 1 is a whopping $21.99, part 2 is $14.99. Price after (2) upgrade and save coupons and (1) buy both get $5 off coupons plus CA tax was about $23

#804 Travman93

Travman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ordering movies by genre is great. Apparently my Best Buy thinks Killer Joe is a comedy.

Killer Joe is a pretty blatant dark comedy...

#805 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

My store had a printout stating they didn't get any copies of the dark night with the figure posted today.

#806 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

How late in the checkout process is the real final price supposed to show up? Some movies had display sale prices that weren't being honored. I thought I had to just wait, but it was prompting me to swipe my card with a total that reflected the original stickered prices.

I thought maybe it was a thing where the cashier had to hit "total" first, but since it was actually asking me to swipe my card I dunno. Oh well at least I snagged Moon and Watchmen for $5 each, since those were both marked as $9.99 right on the package.

EDIT: For example, Kick-Ass was in a separate display with a price sign clearly listing it as $9.99. But when I was at the customer service desk trading in my DVDs, it scanned as $19.99 (sticker price) minus $5, right up until it was asking me to swipe my CC.

Edited by BustaUppa, 02 February 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#807 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

How late in the checkout process is the real final price supposed to show up? Some movies had display sale prices that weren't being honored. I thought I had to just wait, but it was prompting me to swipe my card with a total that reflected the original stickered prices.

I thought maybe it was a thing where the cashier had to hit "total" first, but since it was actually asking me to swipe my card I dunno. Oh well at least I snagged Moon and Watchmen for $5 each, since those were both marked as $9.99 right on the package.

EDIT: For example, Kick-Ass was in a separate display with a price sign clearly listing it as $9.99. But when I was at the customer service desk trading in my DVDs, it scanned as $19.99 (sticker price) minus $5, right up until it was asking me to swipe my CC.

You should have got Best Buy to fix their pricing error then use your upgrade coupon.

#808 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

it's funny how people here are bragging how cheap they got some blu's when they applied RZC's and this promo.....of course you are going to get it for cheap..durrr.

#809 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

it's funny how people here are bragging how cheap they got some blu's when they applied RZC's and this promo.....of course you are going to get it for cheap..durrr.

Not me. I went in and held up all registers with my semi automatic AR-15, picked out the Blus I wanted and left. Forget cheap, it's all about the FREE!
Posted Image

#810 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Just got hosed.

Found:
Rocky Undisputed Collection @ $22.99
The Matrix steelbook @ $9.99
Love & Other Drugs @ $9.99 (Anne Hathaway naked in HD, DON'T JUDGE ME!)

I have 3 $5 upgrade and save coupons and 3 RZ $5 certificates. I figure after taxes I should be paying a little under $20. ($42.97 + $3.44 tax - $30 certificates = $16.41)

Clerk totals up the bill and after certificates it shows $74.xx! I'm like, no, that's not right. After showing the shelf tags, the clerk asks the manager WTF. Manager says the skus on all the sale items are fucked up, says they had half of them fixed by mid-day. Next clerk asks if she should void the transaction, which is replied "yes". "But I've already applied the coupons". "They should re-apply after you restart".

Clerk rings me up again. Total is $29.93. :wall:

"I had the RZ coupons". She replies "yeah, they're on there". :bs:

I'm normally a patient person, but at this point I was just ready to GTF outta there. I pay up and leave. I'm going to have my oil changed across the street from BB tomorrow, guess what's gonna happen while I wait? They better not give me any shit.

The math on the receipt is amazing, I'll post a picture. Prepare to be confused.

EDIT:

Here is the receipt.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How she came up with those numbers, I will never know.

Edited by Invicta 61, 02 February 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler