Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#181 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

If JCVD is the Van Damme movie, I heard its actually really good. The triple pack might be worth it for just that title alone.
Posted Image

#182 v0yce

v0yce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Does anyone know if The Man with No Name trilogy is still $19.99 in store?

I heard the transfers aren't so great, but I gladly pick up the set for $15.

#183 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

If JCVD is the Van Damme movie, I heard its actually really good. The triple pack might be worth it for just that title alone.

Well, JCVD does stand for Jean-Claude Van Damme. =P And yes it's quite good.

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/33996/

#184 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Wait what? Which version of the films? I have the Special Edition trilogy box set (with the shiny silver slip cover). Is that one rare or is it the theatrical editions or?? Really surprised you got $60 for any SW on DVD, I must be out of the loop.

I got the Star Wars blu-ray set for Christmas and sold my Original Trilogy along with the 2 disc editions of E1,2, & 3 for $120 on ebay. Actually made about $35 after fees on the upgrade.

#185 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I never saw Green Lantern before but I'm a sucker for steel books. Is the movie that bad? I know you can't go wrong for $5, but was curious as to what expectations to have going into the movie.

It isn't Batman and Robin or Superman IV bad, but it is fairly average. About the same level as the Fantastic Four films

#186 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Well, JCVD does stand for Jean-Claude Van Damme. =P And yes it's quite good.

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/33996/

It's funny; I'm a JCVD fan, have been for a long time. I bought this movie on BD from my local BBV when they were closing almost two years ago. For some reason, I still haven't watched it. :-#

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#187 evilomar

evilomar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I agree with an earlier poster: I wouldn't take Green Lantern if they paid me five bucks. Its abysmal. Not as bad as Daredevil or Ghost Rider but horrible still. I can't wait for a reboot.
www.aboutheroes.com Best comicbook podcast ever!!!

#188 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Wait what? Which version of the films? I have the Special Edition trilogy box set (with the shiny silver slip cover). Is that one rare or is it the theatrical editions or?? Really surprised you got $60 for any SW on DVD, I must be out of the loop.

That's the one. Sold on Amazon for $59.99. I ended up making a little over $50 after fees.

#189 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

damn, $5 for those triple packs? I'll definitely get the Austin Powers and Lost Boys sets..wish more had trilogies of them (already have TMNT and Oceans)
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#190 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Anybody here complaining about bad super hero movies must not have seen Ghost Rider 2
FadeToOne.png

#191 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Anybody here complaining about bad super hero movies must not have seen Ghost Rider 2

ghost rider 2 is so good though. It skips all the bullshit of other Nicolas Cage movies and makes him act all crazy right from the beginning :D

#192 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'm trying to compile a list of all the current Best Buy $9.99 steelbooks. Which ones am I missing?

Batman Begins
Book of Eli
Clash of the Titans
Dark Knight
Departed
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
Hangover
Hangover II
Inception
Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Matrix
Shawshank Redemption
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
Superman Returns
V for Vendetta
Wrath of the Titans (2D VERSION)

I took out the "The" in several of the titles to make it easier to use the list when scouring BB's stupid shelves. If I knew what fucking "genre" each individual store decided to choose for these films, I'd include that too.

#193 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Also here's a list of triple packs. Am I missing any?

2001: A Space Odyssey / A Clockwork Orange / The Shining
Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300
American History X / A History of Violence / True Romance
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery / The Spy Who Shagged Me / Goldmember
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Beetlejuice / Corpse Bride
Goodfellas / The Aviator / The Departed
John Q / Pelican Brief / Training Day
Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen
Seven / Copycat / Taking Lives
Superman: The Movie / Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut / Superman Returns
The Lost Boys / Lost Boys: The Tribe / Lost Boys: The Thirst
TMNT / TMNT II / TMNT III
Twister / Poseidon / Perfect Storm
V for Vendetta / Watchmen / Constantine
Blazing Saddles/Caddyshack/NL European Vacation

I just copied and pasted them from an old slickdeals thread. I didn't double check to see if they are still $9.99. Of course at this point the prices could still change on the steelbooks and triple packs. According to murphy's law I probably guaranteed they will go up by posting all this shiznit here. :-P

#194 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Anyone knw if I could use two certs from two different rewards account on one order? TIA.

#195 vanton619

vanton619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Anyone knw if I could use two certs from two different rewards account on one order? TIA.

I think you can. I somehow had a 2nd account that got a $5 bonus certificate one year during xmas time. When I called RZ about it (because I just got an email and didn't see it in my normal account), they said I can just use it in conjunction with certs from my normal account on the same transaction.

#196 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Are the Batman Begins and Dark Knight steelbooks any better than the regular blu-rays in terms of the features they have? Sometimes I wonder if the only thing "exclusive" about the Best Buy Exclusive steelbooks is the packaging. I also wonder how long it will take for the Dark Knight Rises steelbook to fall in price... probably won't happen before the end of this sale, but a cheap-ass can hope, right?

P.S. I see Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 & 2 and Inglorious Basterds on the list; I wonder if Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown will be 9.99 as well?

I may just avoid the steelbooks if they're just the regular editions re-packaged.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#197 ElGoofyGoober

ElGoofyGoober

Cheapass4Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy cares about the condition of the dvd cases you trade in, because I have some old dvds I'd like to trade but the cases are in really bad condition. The discs themselves are in good condition though.

#198 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Also here's a list of triple packs. Am I missing any?

2001: A Space Odyssey / A Clockwork Orange / The Shining
Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300
American History X / A History of Violence / True Romance
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery / The Spy Who Shagged Me / Goldmember
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Beetlejuice / Corpse Bride
Goodfellas / The Aviator / The Departed
John Q / Pelican Brief / Training Day
Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen
Seven / Copycat / Taking Lives
Superman: The Movie / Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut / Superman Returns
The Lost Boys / Lost Boys: The Tribe / Lost Boys: The Thirst
TMNT / TMNT II / TMNT III
Twister / Poseidon / Perfect Storm
V for Vendetta / Watchmen / Constantine
Blazing Saddles/Caddyshack/NL European Vacation

I just copied and pasted them from an old slickdeals thread. I didn't double check to see if they are still $9.99. Of course at this point the prices could still change on the steelbooks and triple packs. According to murphy's law I probably guaranteed they will go up by posting all this shiznit here. :-P

I believe that is a pretty accurate for those on sale at BB. But there are over 32 triple packs all together.

#199 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Are the Batman Begins and Dark Knight steelbooks any better than the regular blu-rays in terms of the features they have?

It is the exact same disc, just in a different case

#200 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy cares about the condition of the dvd cases you trade in, because I have some old dvds I'd like to trade but the cases are in really bad condition. The discs themselves are in good condition though.

They don't care. A box, insert, and disc...and it gets tossed in a recycle bin most of the time.

#201 bill esquivel

bill esquivel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I was looking through the list of $9.99 $14.99 movies. I found 28 I would consider buying. But of the 28, only 4 were in stock. All the rest were shipped only titles.

I think someone posted in the past that you could buy shipping only titles in the store. If thats correct, whats the procedure to do it and still take advantage of the $5 off?

#202 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is anybody actually confident that the BBY employees will be aware that this U&S promotion starts today? The last 2 times when I've gone there on the 1st day of the promo, it seemed the entire staff was totally clueless. And that was when it was listed in their weekly flyer...

#203 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I was looking through the list of $9.99 $14.99 movies. I found 28 I would consider buying. But of the 28, only 4 were in stock. All the rest were shipped only titles.

I think someone posted in the past that you could buy shipping only titles in the store. If thats correct, whats the procedure to do it and still take advantage of the $5 off?

If I recall correctly you have to have them do a special order to be able to use the coupon. Make sure you hold on to your receipt though. I special ordered stake land and lost my receipt. I never received the movie and there's nothing they are willing to do on their end.

#204 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Is anybody actually confident that the BBY employees will be aware that this U&S promotion starts today? The last 2 times when I've gone there on the 1st day of the promo, it seemed the entire staff was totally clueless. And that was when it was listed in their weekly flyer...

I feared this too. IDK, if I go with a couple movies and they act clueless, or say "we don't have the coupons in store yet" (which happened to me the last time on the first day) I will just demand for the manager to come over. Show him the ad up and down, try not to lose my temper and just suggest they better be overriding the prices manually. But then again, this is like the 4th time for this promo, so they should have their sh*t together by now..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#205 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I love this promo, usually because I can snag some good deal on tv series. Currently it appears most of the prices went up or stayed locked in. there are a few deals to be had though.

-breaking bad s1 and s2 are 13.99 each before coupon. so 8.99 each after.
-fringe s4 is 22.99--- 18.99 after. I cannot recall s4 being cheaper than that.

#206 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Is anybody actually confident that the BBY employees will be aware that this U&S promotion starts today? The last 2 times en I've gone there on the 1st day of the promo, it seemed the entire staff was totally clueless. And that was when it was listed in their weekly flyer...

BBY employees are all clueless

#207 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I feared this too. IDK, if I go with a couple movies and they act clueless, or say "we don't have the coupons in store yet" (which happened to me the last time on the first day) I will just demand for the manager to come over. Show him the ad up and down, try not to lose my temper and just suggest they better be overriding the prices manually. But then again, this is like the 4th time for this promo, so they should have their sh*t together by now..

When I went there on Day 1 last time, I ended up waiting for 45 minutes while they tried to find the coupons, which they never did. In the end, the manager ended up giving me a $25 gift card instead, which was almost worth the time that was wasted.

#208 bill esquivel

bill esquivel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

If I recall correctly you have to have them do a special order to be able to use the coupon. Make sure you hold on to your receipt though. I special ordered stake land and lost my receipt. I never received the movie and there's nothing they are willing to do on their end.

thanks. I will see if it works later this week.

#209 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

damn...I was gonna go taday but now Fuck it

Ill just go later this week

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#210 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Here is the link to the program on their website. I typically have to show the employees at my store as most never know what promos the company is running.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat278100050003