• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Got a decent haul:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sin City
Departed/Goodfellas/Aviator
300/Troy/Alexander
Inglorious Bastards

All for $16 even, after coups and $10 RZ cert. inglorious oddly rang up $14.99, then when they fixed it, popped back to $9.99 after coupon, so they had to PM it to $4.99.

May go back tomorrow for Watchmen/Constantine/V for Vendetta, The Town, and A-Team
Posted Image

#242 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

does bestbuy pull back stock during this promotion?

i went on thursday to pickup the steels i wanted in case the sale wouldnt extend and the racks were well stocked, but when i go today, literally at least 5 or 6 racks completely empty, soo weird

anyway i picked up Spiderman 3d steel($30), ET digibook($25), Raid redemption($10), and Total recall Mind Bend Edition ($5)

$74 with tax out the door

will have to go back tomorrow and tuesday to get enough coups to return/rebuy the 9 steels i got last week,

some other good deals im going back for Girl with Dragon Tattoo combo pack is $10 after coupon, Space Jam blu ray is $5 after coup, Field of Dreams $5 after coup

#243 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Can anyone tell me the difference if any in the Special Edition Inglorious Basterd vs. the Universal 100th Anniversary one?

Not sure about all of the bonus features, but the 100th anniversary have a digital copy.

Have you joined Listia yet? Get free stuff games, movies, jewelry, etc. https://www.listia.com/signup/4596755

#244 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'd rcommend going sooner rather than later to get in on this, as my closest store's blu/dvd sections were a complete wreck with less than half of what I wanted to get available, and of the steelbooks I got, I got the last ones. Extremely limited selection on a lot of things.

Note that the Animal House version on sale for $9.99 is the BluRay only, not the Blu + DVD or the Universal 100th Anniversary which is Blu + Digital Copy.

They were also much more strict about handing out those $5 off coupons, only gave me one, marked 5 traded in on it, and stapled it to my trade in receipt.

With 5 "small electronic devices" that I had trade in for $25 total in GCs, plus 5 DVD trade ins, I got the following for tax of $2.17 total (all $9.99 before U&S):

Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows steelcase
Green Lantern steelcase
Superman Returns steelcase
Wrath of the Titans steelcase
Taken

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#245 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Soooooooooo.....are the Lord of the Rings Steelbooks currently $9.99? I can't seem to find them on best buy's website.

Nope $14.99 in store. There are a few of the other SteelBOOKS that are still $9.99 though.

#246 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I just found out I have $30 in reward certificates...time to go back to Best Buy lol

#247 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Not sure about all of the bonus features, but the 100th anniversary have a digital copy.

My special edition today came with a digital copy disc...

No voucher or anything else in the case besides the digital copy disc and Blu disc.

How the hell do I redeem it?!
Posted Image

#248 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

My best buy actually had a bunch of stuff that I thought was online only... even stuff I had looked at this morning and it wouldn't let me do find in stores. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow for more.
FadeToOne.png

#249 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

My special edition today came with a digital copy disc...

No voucher or anything else in the case besides the digital copy disc and Blu disc.

How the hell do I redeem it?!

you either write fox or return it, and say the voucher is missing

Have you joined Listia yet? Get free stuff games, movies, jewelry, etc. https://www.listia.com/signup/4596755

#250 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I got the last copy of Fightclub, Departed/Goodfellas/Aviator combo (couldnt find the departed steelcase like i wanted to), V for Vendetta/Watchmen/Constantine combo, and Inception Steelbook.

Most of the blurays were cleared out when I went. I had to scrounge around for awhile to find the movies I wanted. I'll probably hit up a different best buy tomorrow to see what they have. I still have plenty of DVDs from Dollar Tree left over =)

Posts like these make me so happy to not live in a high profile area, or some huge city.

Most any item I EVER want that seems to be hard to find at BBY (exclusives, CE's, steel books), I can find it at mine. Everything is usually plentifully stocked, and rarely anything except new release items (Apple products come to mind) sell out on release day/week.

Bummer for some of you guys...wish y'all could've gotten all the hauls you were looking forward to.
Posted Image

#251 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I actually forgot I picked up Superman Returns/Departed Steelbook a month back.

Wooo, I can return and rebuy them for half off.

Thinking of picking up the Chuck seasons if I can find them.

I've never watched it so any two cents on whether or not I should get it or avoid them?

#252 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Posts like these make me so happy to not live in a high profile area, or some huge city.

Most any item I EVER want that seems to be hard to find at BBY (exclusives, CE's, steel books), I can find it at mine. Everything is usually plentifully stocked, and rarely anything except new release items (Apple products come to mind) sell out on release day/week.

Bummer for some of you guys...wish y'all could've gotten all the hauls you were looking forward to.

Went to a different Best Buy when I found out I had $30 in RZ certificates...ended up with these at the end of the day:

Posted Image

Yes, I bought the Departed twice. One of my all time favorite movies so I had to get the steelbook at the second best buy after not finding it the first time. :D

#253 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

My haul for today:

Green Lantern Steelbook
Clash of the Titans Steelbook
Wrath of the Titans Steelbook
Superman Triple pack
The Woman in Black

When I went to check out the girl only the scanned my coupon once and I had to tell her to do it for each Bluray, obviously not knowing how the U&S works she then gave me back my receipt and coupon. Guess I will be going back without having to trade in anything.

#254 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Picked up Big Lebowski, Batman Begins Steelbook and Inception Steelbook, but it appears they didn't scan Inception so I suppose it's on the house. Also got :360: Prototype 2 just because. Total was $27.XX :D

Couldn't find Zombieland in bluray format. DVD only :(

Edit: Apparently Zombieland is in stock @ my local store, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I literally spent 35 minutes looking around for it and some others. And the Truth/Justice Edition of Boondock Saints is on sale? Shit. I thought it was $24.99, no signs were up and nobody around to scan it.. didn't want to deny it if it was too rich for my blood at the register.

#255 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Thinking of picking up the Chuck seasons if I can find them.

I've never watched it so any two cents on whether or not I should get it or avoid them?

Chuck is a really fun show. Season 1 is full of potential, but very rough. Season 2 is much better and Season 3 rocked. Season 4 was up and down, while Season 5 tried to change the status quo and some argue they did too much.

#256 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Went to a different Best Buy when I found out I had $30 in RZ certificates...ended up with these at the end of the day:

Posted Image

Yes, I bought the Departed twice. One of my all time favorite movies so I had to get the steelbook at the second best buy after not finding it the first time. :D

Ahh, very nice!

And I agree with The Departed, great movie! I procrastinated this long before buying it, because I still had the original DVD steelbook back when it came out to BBY years ago.

Would've liked the steelbook, but who am I kidding, 2 other Scorcese movies with it for only $5? Had to do the triple pack haha.

I honestly may go back and try to get the Kubrick triple feature and the Watchmen one...even if the movies aren't that that good in some of the packs, 3 Blus for $5 is just a great deal any way you look at it. I just wish the ones I bought still had their respective slipcover... The only 300/Troy/Alexander one was all ripped to hell, so I just got a normal shrink wrapped copy. The Twister triple feature had plentyyyy of slipcover copies..pssht.

Only movie I wanted but my BBY DIDN'T have (unlike most other things aha..), was the Book of Eli steelbook.

If anyone's store has one...I'd gladly pay someone to get it for me.
Posted Image

#257 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Picked up 5 steelbook today
Clash of the Titans Steelbook
wrath of the Titans Steelbook
Matrix Steelbook
The Shawshank Redemption Steelbook
Hangover 2 steelbook

Will Pick up more steelbook tomorrow: Hangover, The Departed, Superman Return, Sherlock Holmes 1/2.
"Evil is Funs"

#258 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Had no issues at my Best Buy. Picked up Immortals, The Raid Redemption, and The Matrix. Will go back on Tuesday to pick up Taken 2.

#259 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Picked up Big Lebowski, Batman Begins Steelbook and Inception Steelbook, but it appears they didn't scan Inception so I suppose it's on the house. Also got :360: Prototype 2 just because. Total was $27.XX :D

Couldn't find Zombieland in bluray format. DVD only :(

Edit: Apparently Zombieland is in stock @ my local store, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I literally spent 35 minutes looking around for it and some others. And the Truth/Justice Edition of Boondock Saints is on sale? Shit. I thought it was $24.99, no signs were up and nobody around to scan it.. didn't want to deny it if it was too rich for my blood at the register.

I found the Zombieland blu in a section marked Upgrade station.Had a bunch of other 9.99 and up blus with it.

#260 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Went today and grabbed Hangover 1/2, Departed, Wrath of the Titans, Shawshank Redemption, and Book of Eli Blus. Also picked up Expendable 2 and Hurt Locker. Might head back tomorrow to find the Nintendo gear and pick up Scarface and There Will Be Blood.

#261 speedy05

speedy05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I love this sale but I can someone tell me if I can order/ship a Blu-ray to my local store & then get the $5.00 off coupon to work when I pick it up?

#262 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

I love this sale but I can someone tell me if I can order/ship a Blu-ray to my local store & then get the $5.00 off coupon to work when I pick it up?

Yes, but that will be 2-3 different transactions.

#263 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm sure it has already been answered but I did not see it in the last couple of pages so apologizes if I overlooked it but I have a quick question:

Today I bought "Looper" for $20 after the discount code. If "Looper" goes on sale 3 weeks for now for $20, would I be able to go back to Best Buy and price match this so I would only have to pay $15 or would I have to return the item and rebuy "Looper" to receive the deal? Also, if I do have to return the original "Looper" to take part in the better deal, would they be able to give me back a coupon since I already gave them a DVD and after returning the item, did not use it?

#264 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Is zombieland $5 after coupon?

#265 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure it has already been answered but I did not see it in the last couple of pages so apologizes if I overlooked it but I have a quick question:

Today I bought "Looper" for $20 after the discount code. If "Looper" goes on sale 3 weeks for now for $20, would I be able to go back to Best Buy and price match this so I would only have to pay $15 or would I have to return the item and rebuy "Looper" to receive the deal? Also, if I do have to return the original "Looper" to take part in the better deal, would they be able to give me back a coupon since I already gave them a DVD and after returning the item, did not use it?

You can pricematch if it goes on sale while the coupons are still valid. If it goes on sale after the coupon expires then generally no you won't get anything back unless it drops below what you paid, if it went on sale for $17.99 you'd get $2.00 back if you paid $19.99. No you won't get any coupons back, same as any other store once you use the coupon it is gone, besides at that point it would be expired anyway. Now of course someone will tell you I am wrong but that is because everything at Best Buy can be YMMV.

#266 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

<=== Wishes he wasnt broke til Friday.

#267 Gerryatrics

Gerryatrics

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Anyone know how to log on to the employee inventory checker on one of the instore computers? The customer inventory checker hasn't been working at my local store for a few months now.

#268 xKalamityx

xKalamityx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Anyone know how to log on to the employee inventory checker on one of the instore computers? The customer inventory checker hasn't been working at my local store for a few months now.

From what I know, you have to actually work there or know someones info to log in.

#269 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Sure. Go get employed by them and you'll figure out how it works.

Why don't you either call the store with the SKU # for the product or ask them in-store to check it in RSS? That's what the employees are there to do, help answer a question.

I'm sure if you just started to use one of the employee PCs in trying to do what you're proposing, you'd be asked to leave at best and permanently removed from the store at worst.

#270 kaseyjakes

kaseyjakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

if you really need the artwork, then i only have 2 movies to trade in :( bugger, getting movies from going-out-of-business rental stores.