Mass Effect 3: N7 Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3 - $29.99 + FS - BEST BUY

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Can't wait to play the game, I am in the middle of sorting out a DLC issue with EA but having seen what you get I think this is a pretty good deal.

#32 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Is this really worth it? I want the game and kinda want the From Ashes DLC, but i wanted to wait until ME3 goes on sale again and i don't know if the DLC is worth paying 30 bucks for this.

If you're going to get any DLC for ME3, get From Ashes. It's definitely worth it. First off, the character it adds has great powers (and can be overpowered if you use him correctly) and adds a ton of interesting scenes and dialog. From Ashes doesn't feel like an add-on at all - it feels like it should have been a part of the main game. It probably was, and EA wanted day one DLC so they had to shave it off or something. I'm sure someone knows the story.

From Ashes also has a crazy overpowered weapon that makes Insanity a breeze compared to ME2.

The CE itself is kind of disappointing, but I think it's a no-brainer for $30. And as I said before, the multiplayer is surprisingly fun and addictive, and people are still playing it. Don't wait too long.

As far as other DLC, Leviathan is really good, too. The Omega one is decent, but way overpriced, IMO. Leviathan is way better if you have to choose.

#33 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

In your case I'd make the steelbook the determining factor. If you're a sucker for steelbooks I'd buy it, otherwise I'd pass.

Be prepared to Google "How do I get my %#$#ing discs out of this steelbook?!?" I haven't ever seen one that wanted to break discs more than this one.

#34 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Be prepared to Google "How do I get my %#$#ing discs out of this steelbook?!?" I haven't ever seen one that wanted to break discs more than this one.

Ah Yeah, I forgot about that. It's still better than the Assassin's Creed 3 steelbook though, that one doesn't even fit both game discs.

16Z462z.jpg

#35 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

ME3 Steelbook was the worst for me. Had to get a bunch of toothpicks and wedge them in the prongs to finally get the disc out without snapping it in half......
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is this really worth it? I want the game and kinda want the From Ashes DLC, but i wanted to wait until ME3 goes on sale again and i don't know if the DLC is worth paying 30 bucks for this.

I think this is a great deal (then again, for me it was totally worth it at launch for $70). The From Ashes DLC is substantial, the character it adds is important to the overall lore of the series, is good in combat, and has a lot of great dialogue.

The exclusive N7 weapons are also good, especially the sniper rifle which IMO is the best sniper rifle in the game and one of the overall best weapons in the game. The N7 hoodie for Shepard is purely cosmetic but also really awesome. :D

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#37 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

thats because its not a steelbook, its a metalpak. look at the inside of the case.

ME3 Steelbook was the worst for me. Had to

get a bunch of toothpicks and wedge them in the prongs to finally get the disc out without snapping it in half......

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#38 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

The one true Ishkabibbel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

It now shows that it's not available for shipping. If you're looking for this deal you better check your local stores availability soon. Seems it will be going away shortly.

#39 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

It now shows that it's not available for shipping. If you're looking for this deal you better check your local stores availability soon. Seems it will be going away shortly.

Been that way for months for the PS3 version. I don't recall when it was available for shipping around the time the @Gamer coupon came out (made it $10 AC).

#40 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

The one true Ishkabibbel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Been that way for months for the PS3 version. I don't recall when it was available for shipping around the time the @Gamer coupon came out (made it $10 AC).

It was actually available for the last couple weeks to ship. I know this because I ordered a few of them ;)

#41 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

This made me laugh, because I literally spent five minutes trying to figure out how to get it out of the case without damage. I even asked my brother to give it a shot to make sure I wasn't being a complete Fuck up.

Also, I was just thinking about this wonderful clip when it comes to opening packages in general. Good for a quick laugh -

Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?