Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#271 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Shows sold out. Oh well, I have enough points and a year of Gold left anyway.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#272 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

ice princess

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info everyone, I'm off to the store to try my luck since there's still nothing doing in my email.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#273 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

If we purchase multiple cards in-store in one transaction, do all the codes show up on the same receipt?

#274 acaraba2

acaraba2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

If we purchase multiple cards in-store in one transaction, do all the codes show up on the same receipt?

yes the codes appeared on the same receipt

#275 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

yes codes are the scratch card codes

they don't sell any digital codes online since november. it kinda of retarded. I emailed them asking why the digital codes are always sold out online. they told me they dont know if they will be selling them in the future, kinda stupid answer isn't it.

I wouldn't call it stupid. They probably honestly don't know. When you purchase a digital code it's generated right then and that requires some kind of agreement with Microsoft.

It's not like they get a bunch of cards and scratch them off and just email you the code, lol.

What is odd however is how they can send generated Microsoft Point codes but not Xbox Live codes.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Walking Dead: Season 1 [PS4], D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#276 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Entered a fake address for the second one trying to get it changed now in chat ^__^

#277 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

yes the codes appeared on the same receipt

Sweet thanks mate!

#278 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Another confirmation that it works in store. I went to the BB on Monroe in Toledo, and the employees knew about the deal and set up a separate peg. They had a lot, so i bought 4. On the receipt ate four separate codes. Since i used my RZ card, the receipt says they're emailed as well.

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#279 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I ordered about 2 hours ago and haven't even gotten an email confirming my order, yet it shows in my order status. Strange

#280 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I am confused as hell now. So you're saying that you can get this in store? Just show up, buy a 3 month card for $13 and they send you the 800 points via email and on the receipt?

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#281 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

I am confused as hell now. So you're saying that you can get this in store? Just show up, buy a 3 month card for $13 and they send you the 800 points via email and on the receipt?

Yes, but im assuming that the ones emailed are the ones on the receipt.

#282 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

yes codes are the scratch card codes

they don't sell any digital codes online since november. it kinda of retarded. I emailed them asking why the digital codes are always sold out online. they told me they dont know if they will be selling them in the future, kinda stupid answer isn't it.

It's because of a massive amount of fraud that happened.

From an insider that works on the LP team, he said that up to 30%+ of codes that were sent out were being disputed. To have that amount of money tied up and all the legwork that people have to do to get it fixed would be a MASSIVE amount of wages.

I was also a victim of identity theft last year. BBY (not my CC company) actually called me up and asked me if it was a legit purchase because the IP address was 6 states away from my home delivery and they were all digital content ( 2 $50 PSN cards). I was impressed, but I understand that is not the norm. Likewise they did te same at GS, which sent the codes virtually instantly and then dragged their feet in the theft processing as I had to have 5+ 20 minute conversations to get them to address the situation with the CC company.

#283 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yes, but im assuming that the ones emailed are the ones on the receipt.

Yes they are. They print out the code on the receipt and then send out that same code to the email, in case you threw away the receipt.

#284 acaraba2

acaraba2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I wouldn't call it stupid. They probably honestly don't know. When you purchase a digital code it's generated right then and that requires some kind of agreement with Microsoft.

It's not like they get a bunch of cards and scratch them off and just email you the code, lol.

What is odd however is how they can send generated Microsoft Point codes but not Xbox Live codes.

well i didnt ask only bout microsoft points, i ask about psn points and itunes cards.
they dont have any of them avaiable for digital delivery.

Whenever i want something from any those at the moment. i like to purchase them with digital delivery especially when i buy at full retail, so i end up giving the business to amazon which i personally only do as last resort or if a deal is just to go to pass up.

but that is a different story and i shouldnt be posting bout in this forum.

Edited by acaraba2, 02 January 2013 - 07:13 PM.
edited

#285 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yes they are. They print out the code on the receipt and then send out that same code to the email, in case you threw away the receipt.

I was just trying to clarify to ooga. However, my emails were blank. Heh.

#286 Hedgethorn

Hedgethorn

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Bought a 3-month card (with the scratch-off code on the back) in store about 30 minutes ago. It rang up for $12.99, but I can't see anything on the receipt about a point code. So maybe the deal is dead in store too?

#287 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I got my code emailed to me but when I enter it it says please enter a valid code?

#288 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Bought a 3-month card (with the scratch-off code on the back) in store about 30 minutes ago. It rang up for $12.99, but I can't see anything on the receipt about a point code. So maybe the deal is dead in store too?

That would be dissapointing even though I have a card waiting for me to pick it up (which includes an 800 point since I ordered it last night) I was hoping to pick up another one in-store. Did you check your RZ email?

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#289 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I got my code emailed to me but when I enter it it says please enter a valid code?

If you are copy and pasting you might have copied a little too much. It will not show up as anything but it messes up the website.

#290 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

That would be dissapointing even though I have a card waiting for me to pick it up (which includes an 800 point since I ordered it last night) I was hoping to pick up another one in-store. Did you check your RZ email?

Yeah I have that also. Good thing my order has the points on it so if I do not get them I will ask for a replacement or refund.

#291 young chi

young chi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Can anyone else confirm that the deal for the 800 MSP still works in store as of 3:00 pm EST?

#292 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

If you do it in store, you can do multiple cards on one receipt and it will print multiple codes and send multiple emails. Also still working at 3:00 EST
Posted Image

#293 Hedgethorn

Hedgethorn

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

No e-mail as of an hour after leaving the store. I should say that I did order one card off the website this morning; I suppose it's possible that RZ detected the attempted double-dip and so didn't generate the 800 point code for that reason.

#294 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I got one of these early this morning, but lol @ them "selling out online" of Xbox Live cards. Please. I suspect they took it down because they didn't want to lose too much on this deal. It'll be back in stock the second the deal ends for regular price.

#295 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Can anyone else confirm that the deal for the 800 MSP still works in store as of 3:00 pm EST?

yes it does i just got home they will only let you buy 5 max though and yes you do get 5 codes for points if they do it right

#296 qualityman13

qualityman13

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

do you have to price match or does it ring up 12.99?

#297 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Odd that people are having trouble. I just went out and picked up my last two from the other Best Buy and got the codes in less than 15 minutes.

I just redeemed all of my points codes and they all worked too.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#298 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

do you have to price match or does it ring up 12.99?

Rings up at $12.99. They even have the right price on the rack of cards.

#299 RAY16

RAY16

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Bah, let it sit in my cart for too long and they went out of stock. Oh well.

| Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
| Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |

#300 LVBeto

LVBeto

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Just bought four 3-month cards at a store in Henderson, NV (they had lots of them in stock). The girl was going to ring up each one separately but decided to try and it worked. All four codes for the points showed up on the same receipt.

Like others have posted, an email confirmation was sent as well. She did have to add my email address to my best buy account.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. For $51.96 (no sales tax?), a whole year of gold plus 3200 points. Even at $39.99 for the 12-month card and $12 for 3200 points, it still works out to a pretty good deal.