Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#3061 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Wrong. I got the 14.99 membership on July. I get the 20%.

Online or only in-store? There was no such discount applied online an hour ago, and I've been a GCU member for two years. How was it applied when you bought the first game under that deal; did it automatically ring up when they scanned the GCU barcode? How many games have you received the discount on?

I was already planning on calling Best Buy tomorrow. A little more detail than "I get the 20%" would help, as I don't expect the average customer service rep. to know as much about it as gamers who have actually made the purchases and seen the discounts applied. If it turns out that I don't get the 20% discount with my existing GCU, then this is probably a case of YMMV and should be labeled as such.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#3062 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Gamers club unlocked is gamers club unlocked. It is the same program, they just upped the price from $15 to $120 but added the 20% off, those who were current members, or recently expired, got extended to February, and many received coupons in the email associated with the account to renew for two years at the past rate ($15 a year so $30 for the two years).

So yeah if I wanted to right now (or ANY current GCU member) would get it for $24.

That's much more specific than the other response; thank you. How many times have you received the 20% discount since it came into effect, and have you been able to get the discount when you've bought new games online?

"Many" received coupons? If I'm a print member (i.e. I still get the hard copy of the @Gamer magazine), might that explain why I haven't received any such coupons?

The more information I have when I call them, the better.

#3063 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

this is 23.99$ with unlocked. great deal for skyrim !
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#3064 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

That's much more specific than the other response; thank you. How many times have you received the 20% discount since it came into effect, and have you been able to get the discount when you've bought new games online?

"Many" received coupons? If I'm a print member (i.e. I still get the hard copy of the @Gamer magazine), might that explain why I haven't received any such coupons?

The more information I have when I call them, the better.

Calling them won't do anything, the "type" of member is also irrelivent, they are getting rid of @gamer (it ends in march) so another reason for the change, they are changing it from a magazine sub (plus occasional deals) to strictly deal based with 20% discount.

The way it works is that you receive 20% off all new games, online or in store, preorders, and collectors editions as well.

Meaning that every single new release game that is usually msrp $60, you will at most pay $48+tax.

Try it right now, sign into the website, and then add a game to your cart you will see the 20% off.

#3065 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

this is 23.99$ with unlocked. great deal for skyrim !

Great timing too since they finally got around to doing that free exstention thing to my account.

I was going to pick this up on BF from Gametop, but the 20% and the $15 rewards cert I had sitting in my account makes this a no brainer for me, especially it's all I've been playing since mid September. :lol:

#3066 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Damn it. 23.99 is too good a deal to pass up, especially once I trade in my vanilla copy for 20 bucks

Between this and DOA5U its not even been a week since my GCU sign up and BB is kicking my wallets ass

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3067 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Damn it. 23.99 is too good a deal to pass up, especially once I trade in my vanilla copy for 20 bucks

Where are you getting $20 for it?

#3068 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Where are you getting $20 for it?

I'd like to know too.  TIV is only $10 at BBY, since the 100% is apparently over and there isn't even a 50% bonus now.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#3069 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I just read that the 100% bonus is over. I guess Ill wait until the bonus comes around again. Hopefully the TIV holds

I might just keep it for the Oghma Infinium glitch

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3070 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

picked up a 360 copy, thanks!

#3071 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah I just read that the 100% bonus is over. I guess Ill wait until the bonus comes around again. Hopefully the TIV holds

I might just keep it for the Oghma Infinium glitch

I doubt it.  Vanilla Skyrim is going to be $15 on BF.  $10 is probably the best you're going to get for it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#3072 guessed

guessed

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Sorry if this has been answered, but I have the Xbox 360 GoD version of skyrim - if I install the DLC from the disc, can I use it with my digital version, and sell/trade the discs, or will the dlc require the disc? Thanks.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#3073 guessed

guessed

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Sorry if this has been answered, but I have the Xbox 360 GoD version of skyrim - if I install the DLC from the disc, can I use it with my digital version, and sell/trade the discs, or will the dlc require the disc? Thanks.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#3074 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Not sure how it plays with the digital version, but other than that, it is a one time install. Disc doesn't have to be in to play.

xivpads.png

#3075 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Now that's one game off my black friday list.

$25.67 after taxes and with free expedited shipping.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#3076 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Do the game saves for the The vanilla version work with this version?

#3077 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

nvm

#3078 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Traded in my vanilla version for $11, got the lengendary version for $13 after 20% off GCU and trade in. Thanks!
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#3079 briwas101

briwas101

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

My problem is that when I finally have time to sit down and play (especially when I want to start a new game), I will spend a good 20 minutes going over my shelf to decide what to play. Eventually, I can't decide and say "fuck it, I'm tired anyways so I'll just put on a movie." This is a weekly occurrence for me.

Having too many choices overloads my indecisiveness.

OH MY GOD

I thought I was the only one.

I end up just staring at my stack of games, unable to commit the next 10-30 gaming hours to any of them. Finally I just watch something on netflix.

These are games that at one point I said I HAVE TO GET THAT and yet now I can't even "commit" some gaming time to them.

Yet sure enough I have a list of games that I just can't wait to get...

#3080 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Been waiting for this at a good price since Skyrim was released.  Knowing Bethesda, I knew it was only a matter of time before they released a pseudo-GOTY version with DLC, so I never purchased the vanilla ... then just needed the updated release to drop to a reasonable price.

$23.99 well spent

#3081 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Calling them won't do anything, the "type" of member is also irrelivent, they are getting rid of @gamer (it ends in march) so another reason for the change, they are changing it from a magazine sub (plus occasional deals) to strictly deal based with 20% discount.

The way it works is that you receive 20% off all new games, online or in store, preorders, and collectors editions as well.

Meaning that every single new release game that is usually msrp $60, you will at most pay $48+tax.

Try it right now, sign into the website, and then add a game to your cart you will see the 20% off.

I've more than tried it, I've already made the purchase (12 hours ago) while signed into my account, and no 20% off. Based on the post below yours, I'm guessing they haven't extended my account yet, and as I've already mentioned, I received no notification with coupons, etc. I've received both my order confirmation (with no 20% discount) and MyBestBuy account info (one account registered, one not) via the e-mail I have on record.

So calling them is pretty much my only option at this point if I want that 20% applied to the order. I'm in the middle of calling them right now to get the situation sorted out (from what they've told me so far, it will be done by combining the two MyBestBuy accounts, since I've made purchases on each). Sunday may not be the ideal day to do so, but at least I'm not at work and can watch the game on TV while I hold.

EDIT: They found the problem. The welcome package was sent to the (newer, started in 2011) MyBestBuy account with the GCU membership, and which had my previous address. Long story short, they linked the accounts, updated the address (apparently I wasn't able to change it online because of the older account), issued a $10 reward certificate, and resent the welcome package.

The only way I would have been able to do this is over the phone, because of the situation with the two accounts, and not being able to update the newer/GCU account online.

Thanks for the info about @Gamer. The terms of the new program seem better, and I'll try to renew for two years when I get the welcome package. After that, we'll see.

Edited by FinderKeeper, 24 November 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#3082 konicki465

konicki465

Balls Deep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Isn't Elder Scrolls Anthology going to be 29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy? I'll wait for that deal especially if I can get that online.

#3083 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

$24 with FREE shipping. I wouldn't be able to get into one today cause of work, so I ordered it. I could have gotten it at Gamestop for $30, but the GCU extension made the deal even sweeter. This week, I'll trade in my vanilla copy of Skyrim PS3 toward The Last of Us at BB, then get BF4, Borderlands 2 GOTY, and a 1 Year Extension on my PS+ at Gamestop, and I'll be set for the winter...until more gaming deals come my way. :-(

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#3084 adezero

adezero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Amazon price matched this

#3085 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

damn, finally decided to buy and now its back to reg price. probably for the better anyways, got plenty of games including next gen and no time to devote another 50 or so hours on the dlc content. 

#3086 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

damn, finally decided to buy and now its back to reg price. probably for the better anyways, got plenty of games including next gen and no time to devote another 50 or so hours on the dlc content. 

I'm used to the daily deals ending at 3am EST, missed it too. Ah well, I'm sure it'll hit $20 or less within the next six months.

#3087 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

BioShock Infinite $19.99 ($15.99 with GCU 20% discount)

:360: http://www.bestbuy.c...inite&lp=2&cp=1

:ps3: http://www.bestbuy.c...inite&lp=5&cp=1

#3088 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

thanks,

#3089 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks, , got this for my brother at Christmas. It'll be a nice change of pace from cod. Wanted to get it for him during the Gamefly sale but I missed it.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#3090 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Same price as GameStop on Black Friday but that makes one less thing that I'll have to buy from them. My local GS store is opening at midnight but it's not in a great area, so I'm trying to minimize the number of items I'll have to carry out of the store. Not expecting to get robbed for Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 or Jak & Daxter Collection for Vita.