Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#331 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

My 3 in store orders from this morning processed just fine. By the time I got home the emails were waiting for me.
Posted Image

#332 BreakX50

BreakX50

Do I Frighten You?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I picked up my card, and have yet to receive an e-mail, and nothing was prompted in store.

No points, gonna call BB-Customer Service. Any one else with this issue?

(Ordered online for in store pick up.)
Change the WorLd
I do not pay with the Gift option, and do not pay the sellers fees. I don't expect you to pay the fees when you buy something from me.

#333 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Still working in-store as of 6pm.

Bought 3 in-store, codes printed on receipt. Also received three individual e-mails before I left the store (same codes.)

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#334 Grecco

Grecco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Any chance Amazon would pm this?
www.elmiqueo.com
Un Blog sobre los videojuegos

#335 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Figures I get off work late today and its sold out online. Nearest BB is 45 minutes away... Ah well.

#336 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

you gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boyssoul

Boy's hole? ... wait what ...

#337 Jorrel56

Jorrel56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ordered online this morning and just picked up 2 orders in store. Got the emails for my MSP within 5 minutes.
Posted Image

#338 guardianlegend

guardianlegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I bought the card at a store but did not get my 800 MSP code. I was walking out of the store when I realized I had no code, so I went back in and started using a Macbook to look at this thread and see what was up. But then a Best Buy employee told me that the 800 MSP code would automatically activate when I use the XBL card. So I went home.

I wish I had continued to read this thread instead...

I also called the store later, and later talked to a Bestbuy.com support person, and was told that the 800 MSP part of the deal was only available in "limited quantities." So I guess the 800 MSP codes were all given away at my store.

Sigh... I didn't even want the XBL Gold part of this deal...

#339 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Figures I get off work late today and its sold out online. Nearest BB is 45 minutes away... Ah well.

Dont stress, it's been sold out since this morning so getting home on time likely wouldnt have helped.

#340 irod87

irod87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

The register should prompt for the cashier to add the 800 point offer. Might then ask for your email. Then the code will print on the receipt and possibly get emailed. Just make sure the cashier doesn't bypass it thinking its an offer you dont want.

#341 theEchness

theEchness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Still working in-store as of 6pm.

Bought 3 in-store, codes printed on receipt. Also received three individual e-mails before I left the store (same codes.)

Same here. Great deal. In for 3.

#342 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thank you very much OP. Ordered 1 online and got 3 in store. Going to use a couple as bday gifts, but I'll be keeping the points. :)

#343 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Question, if you buy 4, do all four codes print on the same receipt? Or do you have to do four different transactions?

#344 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I bought 2 same time, two seperate codes on my receipt. Dont overthink things guys
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#345 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just picked up my card and after some register prompts the code printed out fine.

#346 creeduk

creeduk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

yeah I heard you can buy together in one transaction..I "over thought" and had them scan my 2 cards separately as when I tried to checkout online it had only allowed me to add 1 to cart (I did this just as deal was running out of stock..hesitated too long and item was removed so I think they limited amount near the end of the online portion.

However I went to the store and bought 2 there. maybe should have grabbed 4 a year plus 3200 points sweet deal. Any way 2 better than none

#347 wiideal08

wiideal08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Back from my local Best Buy. The employee had to get more cards from the back. I bought 4 all together. The Microsoft points code print on the receipt.

Posted Image

#348 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Before I drive all the way to Best Buy, I just want to make sure, if I grab the in store 3 month card, I'll get it for 12.99 plus the free 800 msp code printed on my reciept?!

#349 creeduk

creeduk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

If they were this price all the time maybe they would have 80 million members rather than 40 :D

Just hit the best buy in Westland, mi for more cards. The cashier didn't know about the deal and couldn't figure out why points kept coming up. Still a lot of cards and it's still working in store.

Glad you got some I saw you had same issue as me, some in cart but waited too long LOL. I was very frustrated but happy to find in store worked just as well. Now wondering, should I have bought more..lol but I feel good I left plenty for others.

I have a 12 month but I don't play often enough so I did not want to use it, this is perfect, couple of 3 month ones will get me through the year (leave a gap for downtime when I am busy working.

Before I drive all the way to Best Buy, I just want to make sure, if I grab the in store 3 month card, I'll get it for 12.99 plus the free 800 msp code printed on my reciept?!

Yes, also do as I did ask them to confirm you can see it come up on the chekout screen scans shows 12.99 screen flashes and adds 800 pts. It gets printed and they ask for email so they send them to you as well.

#350 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Ordered two online at 3:00 AM. Picked it up today and got the MSP emailed to me after the pickup. 3 months of live and 800 MSP for $13 is a steal.

#351 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Honestly I am amazed this deal lasted all day. Even if you say a 3 month card should be MSRP $15 (12 month rate) they are still selling $25 MSRP (card + points) for $13. Now the reality is that most 12 month cards can be gotten for $40 so it is really $20 for $13 but then you can get 1600 point cards for $15-17 so I guess it is like $17.50 for $13. Best case from this Holiday was New Egg 12 month for $35 + $10 Target 1600 point cards. So $55 for 12 months and 3200 points vs. $52 today. Kind of seems less impressive now but I still bought 8 of them.

#352 SpeedBrkr

SpeedBrkr

SUPER DYNAMIC!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Picked up 2 in-store and got the 800 MSP codes on my receipt.

Make sure to pick up this EXACT 3 month XBL Gold card for the $12.99 price, all others will ring up at normal pricing.

Posted Image

#353 creeduk

creeduk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

and if they do restock they will probably just get eaten up and put up on ebay by the dick bootys at slickdeals lol.

LOL your right..I love the site but saw some who claim to have bought up to 40 cards. No wonder these deals die to stores kill them. Surprised more stores don't add a limit like 5 or so (sure people could use different accounts but most would not bother or have enough CC's to bother)

Honestly I am amazed this deal lasted all day. Even if you say a 3 month card should be MSRP $15 (12 month rate) they are still selling $25 MSRP (card + points) for $13. Now the reality is that most 12 month cards can be gotten for $40 so it is really $20 for $13 but then you can get 1600 point cards for $15-17 so I guess it is like $17.50 for $13. Best case from this Holiday was New Egg 12 month for $35 + $10 Target 1600 point cards. So $55 for 12 months and 3200 points vs. $52 today. Kind of seems less impressive now but I still bought 8 of them.

Very true, shows the "real value" of these things I guess. I bought 2 1600's at Target (BF that had seemed best deal ever) and wished I had bought a couple more and a couple of 3 months back then at $10 now I am glad I did not.

This one is like last years 3 month $7.99 ( I missed that one) so to deal with increase they throw in some points...I can live with that :D

#354 Nazgul11

Nazgul11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I just came back from buying two of them. The points were on the receipt, as well as in the emails. The guy seemed to know what he was doing.

#355 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I got 2 earlier. The points are added automatically. You just have to wait a few seconds for the computer to add them. Considered getting more, but I just bought a 1 year subscription for $35. Should be good for a 1.5 years now :)

#356 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Got one online around noon. Got the code around 2pm in my email. The 3 month card just shipped. Best deal since the $10 MS Store deal.

#357 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

If they were this price all the time maybe they would have 80 million members rather than 40 :D

Glad you got some I saw you had same issue as me, some in cart but waited too long LOL. I was very frustrated but happy to find in store worked just as well. Now wondering, should I have bought more..lol but I feel good I left plenty for others.

I have a 12 month but I don't play often enough so I did not want to use it, this is perfect, couple of 3 month ones will get me through the year (leave a gap for downtime when I am busy working.

Yes, also do as I did ask them to confirm you can see it come up on the chekout screen scans shows 12.99 screen flashes and adds 800 pts. It gets printed and they ask for email so they send them to you as well.

Yeah - I was pretty ticked when my order cancelled online! :lol:

I was working in Toledo, so I ran over to a store there and bought four. Came home to Michigan and bought two more. Stopped by another Best Buy and they had a bunch.

I haven't had gold in going on a year. This was just too good of a deal to pass up. Even if it meant going into Best Buy!

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#358 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Too late for me to run to the store (I'd have to risk a speeding ticket to get there before it closes unless it's still on holiday hours)...but online they are "sold out" so pffffffft. Not sure how a virtual item can be sold out but oh well.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#359 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

picked up 3 from the BB located at Columbus Circle.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#360 Rango

Rango

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

got 3 here in Cali.

awesome deal