Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#511 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'll argue until the day I die this set is FAR better than BL 2 Loot Box. How's the exclusive DLC in it selling now for $5 taste?

Stuff like BL 2, BLOPS 2, DoA 5 CE selling out and this one not makes me sad.

It's subjective. I don't care for digital contents, or CDs because they do not look good in my glass display cabinet, hence BL2 loot chest with tons of cool physical contents is far, far more appealing to me.

I would really like to pay top dollar for a well made Ryu statue. But it seems the statue is pretty cheap. The belt is cool since i have many friends in the cosplay circle. But what can I do with dozens of CDs?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#512 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's subjective. I don't care for digital contents, or CDs because they do not look good in my glass display cabinet, hence BL2 loot chest with tons of cool physical contents is far, far more appealing to me.

I would really like to pay top dollar for a well made Ryu statue. But it seems the statue is pretty cheap. The belt is cool since i have many friends in the cosplay circle. But what can I do with dozens of CDs?

Listen to them?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#513 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

If anyone is curious about the content of the soundtracks, I found a handy Google doc with a detailed tracklist of all 11 discs: https://docs.google....dLaEdqVWc&gid=0

Would've preferred the World Warrior-Hyper Fighting versions of the Street Fighter II tracks over the weird SF1 soundtrack... but that one's nice to have as a historical curiosity at least. Anyway I got this back on Black Friday and was especially gratified to have an Original Sound version of Super Turbo and a 2-disc Alpha 3 set. :)

Also, not sure if this has been covered, but the downloadable content for Xbox is given out as separate codes (you type the one voucher code into the Street Fighter website, and it then gives you a list of redeemable XBL codes). So the XBLA games can be individually gifted/resold if you desire. I've heard the PS3 version just gives you everything as one huge download.

#514 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Listen to them?

For the first time, yeah, then it will go into the collection. You can't risk damaging the disk every time you want to listen to them by taking it out of the collection/display case. That's provided you want to listen to them consecutively, instead of mixing it up with your other music, either game soundtracks or anime OSTs and BGMs.

So I can see what will happen, one would listen to the CDs once, strip it to itunes and leave it there. The CDs will just go back into the case since you can't really display CDs, therefore, wasted value to display oriented collectors like me. That being said, I will still buy it for $50 or $60.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#515 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Does the soundtrack include the songs that were free at some point on the PSN network? They were tracks remixed by Q-bert and some other DJs. There are two that are fucking sick with tons of scratching.

http://blog.us.plays...d-remix-cometh/
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#516 savor100

savor100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had a $20 gift card so the SF set ended up being $64 with tax. For me this is a good deal since I don't have SSFIV (I only have the first regular edition) and I don't have SFxTekken so I'm really happy :)

#517 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Capcom is just out of touch and this is from someone who defends them and likes their franchises.

Their was no way in hell they were going to sell through 30,000 units at $150 a piece. That will never happen for a "collection".

Selling 30,000 units of a CE is difficult enough for a new release let alone for a compiliation of games that are very old, dated and can be picked up cheaper.

This is an excellent CE for a fan of the series but they should have limited it to 2,000. That and I don't think Capcom is making any new Street Fighter fans and the nostalgia is most likely wearing off on the aging fans.

But here is another example of how they are out of touch:

http://shop.capcom.c...-Chess-Set.html

They were originally selling that chess set for $299.99. It is limited to 5,000 and it's been out about six months and they still have 4,300+ left.

#518 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

No offense, but that SF chess set is ugly! And at $300? Sorry... As for the Deal of the Day, the SF collection for $80? Not too shabby, but after learning the Ryu statue is a piece of mediocre crap, no thanks.

#519 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

amazon just pm'ed.. makes this a much more tempting purchase for me considering the credit i have there.. hmm
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#520 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

amazon just pm'ed.. makes this a much more tempting purchase for me considering the credit i have there.. hmm

Link for the lazies :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#521 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Eh not a huge street fighter fan. More interested in the Twisted Metal with white controller deal.

#522 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

lololol soooo first world.

because they do not look good in my glass display cabinet

now playing:

#523 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

haha i didnt make a link cuz i figured someone else would make a separate thread. u make things too easy for them lol

Link for the lazies :lol:

now playing:

#524 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

haha i didnt make a link cuz i figured someone else would make a separate thread. u make things too easy for them lol

I am not as resourceful as some of the fellow CAGs like arcd1a so I try to help where ever I can. I don't really think a new thread is necessary though...htz can just change the title.

lololol soooo first world.

I wish I lived the first world white people life that you think I do....I just like to display stuff, you know, to counteract with all the decorations that my wife puts around the house.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#525 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I don't think the Ryu statue is that bad, it's about the same quality as the Uncharted 3 & Infamous 2 ones. Of course it's not Guild Wars 2, SW: TOR, AC 2/3, Skyrim, or Halo Reach quality, but it's not crap. See the MP 3 statue for an example of crappy.

#526 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

been waiting for a drop on this. I already own SFxTekken and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade and Street Fighter 2 on the 360 so decided to get the ps3 one. Wanted it mainly for everything else.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#527 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Does the soundtrack include the songs that were free at some point on the PSN network? They were tracks remixed by Q-bert and some other DJs. There are two that are fucking sick with tons of scratching.

http://blog.us.plays...d-remix-cometh/

Anyone? Bump bump
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#528 CanadaTop

CanadaTop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Does anybody know if the DLC codes are separated or is it all on one?

I already own Third Strike, cross tekken and AE. I do however want the DLC codes for costumes and such, as well as the physical goods, then I can just give/sell the game codes (not very interested in HD remix or alphas)

Help appreciated, thanks!

#529 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Anyone? Bump bump

Don't think so.

Does anybody know if the DLC codes are separated or is it all on one?

I already own Third Strike, cross tekken and AE. I do however want the DLC codes for costumes and such, as well as the physical goods, then I can just give/sell the game codes (not very interested in HD remix or alphas)

Help appreciated, thanks!

AFAIK, the PSN code redeems all the content on your account at once. The XBL one gives you a bunch of separate codes, I'm told, but I've never tried it for myself.

#530 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I am not as resourceful as some of the fellow CAGs like arcd1a so I try to help where ever I can. I don't really think a new thread is necessary though...htz can just change the title.

I wish I lived the first world white people life that you think I do....I just like to display stuff, you know, to counteract with all the decorations that my wife puts around the house.

If you have a house and display decorations and statues in it, then yes, that's a first world life.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#531 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

The fact that this "Limited Edition" hasn't sold out yet even at this price has me thinking that it's only a matter of time before this thing hits $50.

#532 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

If you have a house and display decorations and statues in it, then yes, that's a first world life.

I remember when I first joined, one of the older CAGs says he needed a third :ps3: for his second bedroom TV. Now THAT is first world. When I told him "wow", he gave me the advice "you will get there someday, young man". So I guess I am working towards first world?:D

I think most CAGs have a display cabinet, look at the amount of people (including IAtCG, who, in his words, "is under employed") buying that BestBuy clearance wooden cabinet couple of month back.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#533 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

The fact that this "Limited Edition" hasn't sold out yet even at this price has me thinking that it's only a matter of time before this thing hits $50.

It has an edition size and is numbered... whats to question in terms of it being "Limited Edition"?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#534 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I remember when I first joined, one of the older CAGs says he needed a third :ps3: for his second bedroom TV. Now THAT is first world. When I told him "wow", he gave me the advice "you will get there someday, young man". So I guess I am working towards first world?:D

I think most CAGs have a display cabinet, look at the amount of people (including IAtCG, who, in his words, "is under employed") buying that BestBuy clearance wooden cabinet couple of month back.

Hey man. I had to jump through hoops to get that display cabinet, finally got it home, and almost couldn't finish putting it together because it didn't have any glue or push pins in the box.
Posted Image

#535 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

lol, well IATCG is technically "self-employed", with all the "trade-ins" he does, and turning around using those trade-in gift cards, then cashing them out for pre-paid visa cards.

#536 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Dramatic Battle, baby ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#537 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

it can still get cheaper

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#538 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Ugh, really going into debate for the SF set... I'm a big fan but the things included doesn't really grasp me since I own the games and the DLC....

Current Gameshares  My Youtube  My Twitch   My Trade List <---- K.H 2.5 JP!! I HAVE KHII Formation Arts Vol. 2!!! Final Fantasy Elixirs/Potions!!! 

Psh, who needs platinum trophies nowadays.  I Lied.

cloud1425.png  extralifev3_zps8862326c.png

Got Kidrobot StreetFighter figures you need off your hands? Feel free to HMU with an offer. 

#539 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Capcom did okay with:
Devil May Cry After the new one came out, they should have changed the name to Dante May Cry. Because it looks like he's about to.
Resident Evil (though after 4 it was not Gears of Evil) Everything after 4, and including the Wii games is not survival horror, it's Call of Duty.
Marvel vs Capcom Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Super Cashcow Edition
SF Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4,Super Street Fighter 4: AE, Super Street Fighter 4 3D, Double Super Street Fighter 4, Omega Super Street Fighter 4, DoubleOmega Super Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 4 trololololololololo Edition.
Dead Rising Decent.
Breath of Fire Breath of Fire 5 was a sickness that killed the franchise.
Dino Crisis Haven't played it.
Mega Man Megaman Xover, SF vs MM.
Phoenix Wright Couple of them weren't localized.

I still give them a shot with new releases.

There. That's Crapcom in a nutshell. How can anyone give them a shot?

#540 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

There. That's Crapcom in a nutshell. How can anyone give them a shot?

Dino Crisis was basically Resident Evil with dinosaurs.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info!