Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#541 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

It has an edition size and is numbered... whats to question in terms of it being "Limited Edition"?

Oh I understand that it really is a limited edition. It's just not selling nearly as well as I thought it would be for a set that includes this much stuff.

#542 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

If anyone is curious about the content of the soundtracks, I found a handy Google doc with a detailed tracklist of all 11 discs: https://docs.google....dLaEdqVWc&gid=0

Is there a way to make that file spreadsheet savable or exportable to my Google Dirve? There's a lot of good info there.

#543 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

I'm not too eager about the games since Street Fighter lost some of its magic from the Alpha series with me, but man, the entire animated series, the movie, the statue... tough decision!

#544 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

There. That's Crapcom in a nutshell. How can anyone give them a shot?

If you're going to mock Capcom and spread hate... at least make fun of Dead Rising too. While it was my favorite of the series, off the record pissed off a LOT of people.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#545 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

If you're going to mock Capcom and spread hate... at least make fun of Dead Rising too. While it was my favorite of the series, off the record pissed off a LOT of people.

Other than terrible co-op save bugs, what pissed people off about Off the Record? It was my understanding people disliked DR2 more, as everyone wanted Frank back.

Personally I liked Chuck better, but just curious.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#546 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Damn... I was going to hold out for $75 but now that I see this I am a bit tempted. But seeing as I own all the games already I think I will take a chance and see if this sucker drops down to $50. I wont feel as guilty then for the soundtracks, tv show, doc and movie. I can give away the games to friends

523546.png

#547 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Ok, not coming near this edition because of:
- Heavily censored version of the movie
- Animated series isn't the Japanese one

The rest I was willing to put up with but $79 is too much for this.

#548 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

Where you at mang?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Picked up the PS3 version. If it drops any lower within the next 2 months I'll just return and rebuy. :D

#549 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Don't think so.

AFAIK, the PSN code redeems all the content on your account at once. The XBL one gives you a bunch of separate codes, I'm told, but I've never tried it for myself.

This is correct. On XBox you're given a website to put a code into, then it spits out a page with like 10 or so 5x5 XBox codes for each thing seperately.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#550 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Ok, not coming near this edition because of:
- Heavily censored version of the movie
- Animated series isn't the Japanese one

The rest I was willing to put up with but $79 is too much for this.

Other than the one time it was put out on DVD when has the uncensored edition seen the light of day? It's OoP now. Sealed copies go for $75 on Amazon, used for $10, or you can buy a stream-only download on Amazon Video for $6.

No one is mentioning the 2 animated SF 4 movies being on there. The first one (focused on Seth vs. Ryu) was only in the original SF IV CE (which ended up being rare on PS3 Blu-Ray) and the 2nd one (focused on Juri) has never been released in the West until this set (originally only in the Japanese-exclusive SSFIV CE.)

And that US animated series? Value has gone up since I sold my copies last fall, it would take you about $55 plus shipping to buy the 2 DVD sets on Amazon currently.

Hey anyone who's listened to my podcasts knows I have cursed Capcom numerous times over the 5 years my show has been on the air, but the hate this set has gotten online from people blows my mind. How many times do people complain these sets are overpriced (and lots of times they are) yet when a quality one comes out all the majority do is trash it? Hey I gave an extra $50 to Capcom b/c my GS manager won't hold a set like that for a price drop and I had to pay in trade ins for it, congrats to those that got it for less. But when it's down to $80 and people keep nit picking it to death?

If it's b/c you already have the games, totally understand. But these extras are awesome and makes me wish more companies gave a crap about truly special editions. 2K for example hasn't put out a quality CE since Bioshock 1, that Max Payne 3 CE is particularly disappointing. Bioware puts out halfway decent CE's but then there's DLC included which is also sold seperately and everyone complains about it.

I'm going to eventually write an article ranking the top 10 CE of the gen, but the list would look something like:

SF 25
Alan Wake
Infamous 2
Ys Seven
Ys Oath in Felgana
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
AC 3
AC 2
Halo Reach
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3

Yeah that's 11 but I would need to pair it down and seriously dissect it in value, extra quality, and collectibility.

Edited by MSUHitman, 08 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#551 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

In for the Twisted Metal deal, got a $10 reward zone... not quite as good as the KZ deal, since you could trade that in for more but oh well.

#552 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

lol, well IATCG is technically "self-employed", with all the "trade-ins" he does, and turning around using those trade-in gift cards, then cashing them out for pre-paid visa cards.

Completely off topic but is it just me or is iatcg mia lately? Can't recall seeing him post any in the past month and he was usually in EVERY thread...

#553 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

he got banned. u might spot him if u look carefully tho
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#554 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Not a fan of riddles wrapped in an enigma but thanks for heads up.

#555 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

because some of us are loyal to the companies we grew up with, through the good times and the bad. ever meet a perfect woman? exactly. everyone has good/bad things about them. same goes companies.

There. That's Crapcom in a nutshell. How can anyone give them a shot?

now playing:

#556 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

because some of us are loyal to the companies we grew up with, through the good times and the bad. ever meet a perfect woman? exactly. everyone has good/bad things about them. same goes companies.

Capcom used to be a good company. Now, when I see those still loyal to them after the rehashes, nickel and dime DLC, etc, I can't help but compare it to an abusive relationship.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#557 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

He's the hero CAG deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#558 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

ps3 version sold out now
Posted Image

#559 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Other than the one time it was put out on DVD when has the uncensored edition seen the light of day? It's OoP now. Sealed copies go for $75 on Amazon, used for $10, or you can buy a stream-only download on Amazon Video for $6.

No one is mentioning the 2 animated SF 4 movies being on there. The first one (focused on Seth vs. Ryu) was only in the original SF IV CE (which ended up being rare on PS3 Blu-Ray) and the 2nd one (focused on Juri) has never been released in the West until this set (originally only in the Japanese-exclusive SSFIV CE.)

And that US animated series? Value has gone up since I sold my copies last fall, it would take you about $55 plus shipping to buy the 2 DVD sets on Amazon currently.

Hey anyone who's listened to my podcasts knows I have cursed Capcom numerous times over the 5 years my show has been on the air, but the hate this set has gotten online from people blows my mind. How many times do people complain these sets are overpriced (and lots of times they are) yet when a quality one comes out all the majority do is trash it? Hey I gave an extra $50 to Capcom b/c my GS manager won't hold a set like that for a price drop and I had to pay in trade ins for it, congrats to those that got it for less. But when it's down to $80 and people keep nit picking it to death?

If it's b/c you already have the games, totally understand. But these extras are awesome and makes me wish more companies gave a crap about truly special editions. 2K for example hasn't put out a quality CE since Bioshock 1, that Max Payne 3 CE is particularly disappointing. Bioware puts out halfway decent CE's but then there's DLC included which is also sold seperately and everyone complains about it.

I'm going to eventually write an article ranking the top 10 CE of the gen, but the list would look something like:

SF 25
Alan Wake
Infamous 2
Ys Seven
Ys Oath in Felgana
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
AC 3
AC 2
Halo Reach
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3

Yeah that's 11 but I would need to pair it down and seriously dissect it in value, extra quality, and collectibility.

I like this and I think $80 will be the lowest unless it's been used or open (ebay). CE/LE these days are becoming more common for companies just to make money. Now, is this the greatest CE ever? No, but at least they tried.
It would have been nice to have street fighter 2 IV series.
FYI- PS3 is sold out online. Why is everyone saying wait for $50 price drop? Do we notice a pattern of BB CE going for $69.99+ and then sold out or not able to ship? Unless we talking about ebay, then I think this is the lowest price we will get from BB.

#560 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

He's the hero CAG deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

He will rise again.....

#561 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

yeah, i can see that. i dont really care about dlc all that much so they dont really bother me. and as for rehashes, im used to it growing up/starting with sf2 to now and megaman everything kinda just made me used to their rehashing. just seems like a capcom thing to do. i can see why some people -especially younger generation- might hate on em, but as someone who has invested so much time and quarters into their games, they will always have a place in my heart.

Capcom used to be a good company. Now, when I see those still loyal to them after the rehashes, nickel and dime DLC, etc, I can't help but compare it to an abusive relationship.

now playing:

#562 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hahahaha, people like you are hilarious.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#563 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Bit on the 360 version. I have the games on PS3 already (minus the DLC for SFxT).

I almost bought a beat up 360 version at GS this weekend for $100 so I'm pretty glad that I waited.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#564 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Sold out. Gah!!

EDIT: Oops, Amazon still has it. Man, do I want this?!?!

#565 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

For me who was undecided about getting this even tho I grew up with it, well I purchased the Xbox one earlier and now that I got home and opened it up I can say that I'm glad I bought it, it's an awesome collection an even the box is freakn neat. For anyone out there like me that was thinking hard about buying it, just get it u won't regret it, I didn't and I'm glad I bought it.

#566 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Dino Crisis was basically Resident Evil with dinosaurs.

Dino Crisis was basically awesome, you mean! Including the Squeenix take with mutants, Parasite Eve, the survival-horror genre was flourishing on PS1. They'd still have a market for these games if they ever wanted to make more, but the low-quality art style might translate better with fan-made versions.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#567 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

I've been fighting with myself whether or not to buy that Street Fighter set, but honestly, as cool as it looks, I'm not the biggest fighting game fan and I doubt I would play these games much. I've always wanted to really get into Street Fighter online but without a good arcade stick I wouldn't stand a chance. Best just to let this one pass...

#568 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

I've been fighting with myself whether or not to buy that Street Fighter set, but honestly, as cool as it looks, I'm not the biggest fighting game fan and I doubt I would play these games much. I've always wanted to really get into Street Fighter online but without a good arcade stick I wouldn't stand a chance. Best just to let this one pass...

It is a lot of rupees my friend but I think its worth it at $80. I would of liked to held out longer but my luck has been pretty crappy lately. Im a huge fan of SF so i could not resist.

Dino Crisis was basically awesome, you mean! Including the Squeenix take with mutants, Parasite Eve, the survival-horror genre was flourishing on PS1. They'd still have a market for these games if they ever wanted to make more, but the low-quality art style might translate better with fan-made versions.

True dat man, dont forget Onimusha though!

TANK CONTROLS FOR LIFE!! :)

ps: i miss IATCG also.

#569 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

It has an edition size and is numbered... whats to question in terms of it being "Limited Edition"?

Yeah it is limited... to 30,000 copies. I don't think people realize how HUGE of a print size that is for a collection.

With a New Release title you're going to get hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of copies sold so many people will upgrade to a CE/LE just cause they're already going to spend at at least $60 on the standard edition. With a collection like this fans and collectors really have to think hard if they want to repurchase content they already have. Certainly non-fans and non-collector's aren't going to spend $150 on the included content.

I like the street fighter franchise but I am by no means a hardcore fan. In fact can anyone point out anything that Capcom has done in the last few years to make new street fighter fans other then cross it with Tekken (another old fighting franchise)?

Like MSU has said it's a great collection but they made way too many and there are at least a dozen retailers carrying it.

#570 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I hope you guys are right that this SF 25th CE will drop more in the next few months. I deliberately let this deal slip away. I'm in no hurry to have it in my hands anyway.