Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#571 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've been fighting with myself whether or not to buy that Street Fighter set, but honestly, as cool as it looks, I'm not the biggest fighting game fan and I doubt I would play these games much. I've always wanted to really get into Street Fighter online but without a good arcade stick I wouldn't stand a chance. Best just to let this one pass...

Just ask yourself what is driving the purchase. Break it down and then analyze individual values of the items you really want, then see if it matches up to the price being asked.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#572 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Capcom used to be a good company. Now, when I see those still loyal to them after the rehashes, nickel and dime DLC, etc, I can't help but compare it to an abusive relationship.

I have divorced the beeotch and sent a hitman after her.

#573 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

So, did the twisted metal +controller bundle not deal of the day? Don't see it in the link
Spoiler

#574 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

So, did the twisted metal +controller bundle not deal of the day? Don't see it in the link

Should be for tonight, I would bite if I needed a controller and or Twisted Metal.

#575 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Twisted Metal is beyond destined to be a PS+ freebie this year. Unless you're itching, I wouldn't jump at it.

#576 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

i just traded 2 beat up controllers to gamestop for $30 and change each. must pre order a game to qualify but there is no penalty for cancelling. can in store pickup this bundle and trade in twisted metal for $12.60 for unlocked members, making it a way to turn your old controllers into new controllers for almost free. almost due to the hassle and gamestop store credit.
Posted Image

#577 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I'm a sucker for new cheap Dualshocks 3. I can't do used, because you get "beat up controllers" most the time. ;)

In for one when it's live.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#578 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

if only there was a decent deal at gamestop I would have traded all 4 of my controllers in for this.
Posted Image

#579 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

my god as a twisted metal vet i cant tell people enough about how much i hated this latest chapter in the franchise :(
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#580 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

When do these deals usually go live. i have been waiting on Twisted Metal and the white controller looks dope. My black ones are worn to hell. I really like my new urban camo one though.

#581 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Why is it still showing up for 59.99? The terminator deal isn't doing that?

#582 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I have a black one that's like 6 months old and a brand new urban camo that I haven't even used yet. Hmm don't know if I should get this. The white one certainly looks a lot better than the camo, which is easily the ugliest DS3.
tl

#583 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

It's live! I need a new controller since my satin silver one is pretty rough. Sucks they don't make them in that color anymore.

my god as a twisted metal vet i cant tell people enough about how much i hated this latest chapter in the franchise :(

I thought the online was fun...when it worked of course. I'm assuming that MP is dead by now though.

#584 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

In for one :)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#585 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Debating on that Terminator set...24.99 isn't bad.

#586 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Damn only 24.99? I'm debating as well that's the cheapest it's ever been. Not sure how much I'm into Terminator anymore though.

#587 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

the online at times was a mess and i hated the ai in this game too. the other enemies would just hound you to death (especially that dry humping axel). jaff how could you let this happen ?
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#588 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Twisted Metal vet here as well, and have this game still sealed on the shelf.

Was never in a rush to play this installment, but will get around to it.

Even though I have the game, I'm still in for one of these because of the cheap controller. The game will go right back to BB.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#589 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

I have a black one that's like 6 months old and a brand new urban camo that I haven't even used yet. Hmm don't know if I should get this. The white one certainly looks a lot better than the camo, which is easily the ugliest DS3.

I've never understood everyone's hate on the camo DS3. I honestly think its the best looking; but then again, military will be my career and maybe that makes me a tad bias.

I'd honestly love a USAF tiger stripe dual shock, but I don't see that in the foreseeable future.
Posted Image

#590 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Man, only if i had a ps3 and twisted metal didnt suck so bad. TM is meant for local MP or single player with sweet cut scenes, not online MP
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#591 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

the online at times was a mess and i hated the ai in this game too. the other enemies would just hound you to death (especially that dry humping axel). jaff how could you let this happen ?

LOL i just hated the crappy matchmaking and broken online trophies. Did everything to earn the platinum(some things many times over), and still came up four trophies short. I enjoyed playing the game quite a bit, but these things were a constant source of irritation, especially as Jaffe/ESP continued to ignore gamers' pleas to fix the game's problems and instead kept patching the game with arbitrary, unnecessary gameplay tweaks.

(aside from nerfing Talon, anyway; that was necessary)

#592 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Man, only if i had a ps3 and twisted metal didnt suck so bad. TM is meant for local MP or single player with sweet cut scenes, not online MP

Is there something wrong with the local MP? I've been interested in playing this for awhile

#593 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

In these controller packs, does the controller have its own packaging?

#594 dcgrimes

dcgrimes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Twisted Metal vet here as well, and have this game still sealed on the shelf.

Was never in a rush to play this installment, but will get around to it.

Even though I have the game, I'm still in for one of these because of the cheap controller. The game will go right back to BB.

Is returning just the game a legitimate, hassle-free possibility?

#595 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

No.

It's "wrapped up" basically like the controller that gets bundled with a system.

#596 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

No, just in a white thin cushion like bag.

You can't return just the game. The UPC label is marked "Not for Resale". He is referring to trading-in disc only back to best buy.

#597 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

He's talking about trading the game in to BB, not returning it. You won't be able to return the game...

#598 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Does the Terminator anthology come with all the same special features as the movies by themselves?

Got the controller bundle for $32.39 after using a $10 Rewards GC. Now to hope that Twisted Metal Black gets released as a PS2 classic or that I can find a cheap LE and trade this one in, or I guess trade in the LE after using the Black voucher.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#599 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I already have all but Terminator 3, but I'm still contemplating picking up that anthology since I love owning box sets. Definitely in for the controller bundle though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#600 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Anybody know if TM supports driving wheels like the driving force GT?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png