Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#631 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

lol, do you have generalized anxiety disorder or something? A lot of sentences with "hope" and "worry." I've been scammed on Amazon Marketplace literally once in 9 years. Some guy claimed he received an empty game case when I sent him a sealed game, and he claimed the shipping seal wasn't broken either. I mean, that guy is literally 1 in thousands, like a serious sociopath to try something like that when it was so obvious and for such a small amount of money. There are definitely more scammers on ebay, but statistically, you're probably not going to run into them unless you're a real serious re-seller. USPS losing first class mail is about the same statistically, i.e. immaterial.

As for the price being driven down, it'll revert back to normal in a week or so unless Amazon permanently lowers the price. But the procedure is pretty simple, you just list and forget. None of this "hoping" and "worrying" in the middle. It's not for a lot of money after all.

Wow, nice dick response. Apparently you don't frequent the AZ seller forums too often. And for the record, your "scammer" may have been legit. It's been known in the past that, while it's rare, sometimes games do get shipped without the discs from the manufacturer. Claiming such doesn't make someone a "sociopath."

For me, no, if I get hit by a scammer, it's no big deal. I'm talking for those that are inexperienced.

I sell and ship thousands of items a month, and I've had my share of scammers and lost mail. Statistically, yes, the odds are low, but I'm speaking from experience that these things do happen quite often than you are obviously aware of.

But for someone that wants to just unload the game to offset the cost, some people don't want to list it and forget it. Sure, the price my go back up, but it may not either. Unless you wish to share your psychic knowledge of the market. :roll:

I was simply providing others with a quick and easy way to offset the cost of the controller.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#632 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I plan on keeping the game and controller unless I for some reason really hate the white. I want to trade my old ps3 controllers in and I would really like the gold controller. The Urban Camo one is the best so far because of the matte finish. The gloss finish really sucks.

#633 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

How can you sell the controller for $35?

eBay. The camo seems to sell much better than the white though. Good luck getting that much for the white.

#634 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

How can you sell the controller for $35?

Craigslist

#635 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Wow, nice dick response. Apparently you don't frequent the AZ seller forums too often. And for the record, your "scammer" may have been legit. It's been known in the past that, while it's rare, sometimes games do get shipped without the discs from the manufacturer. Claiming such doesn't make someone a "sociopath."

For me, no, if I get hit by a scammer, it's no big deal. I'm talking for those that are inexperienced.

I sell and ship thousands of items a month, and I've had my share of scammers and lost mail. Statistically, yes, the odds are low, but I'm speaking from experience that these things do happen quite often than you are obviously aware of.

But for someone that wants to just unload the game to offset the cost, some people don't want to list it and forget it. Sure, the price my go back up, but it may not either. Unless you wish to share your psychic knowledge of the market. :roll:

I was simply providing others with a quick and easy way to offset the cost of the controller.

Case in point, I purchased Star Wars Clone Wars movie on Blu-Ray from a seller on eBay and the case came empty. Another time I purchased a Wii game at Sears and it came empty.

#636 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Things must not be selling very well, was just at my BB for something else and they still had a good 15ish copies sitting out on the floor, plus I think a few more mixed in the shelves.

Decided to pass since I just got a new PS3/Controller , plus a White controller would look weird if your console isnt white....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#637 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Case in point, I purchased Star Wars Clone Wars movie on Blu-Ray from a seller on eBay and the case came empty. Another time I purchased a Wii game at Sears and it came empty.

Also had similar experiences @ Kmart and Sears. Both Wii titles were sealed in plastic, too.

My Current Lowball Sale is CLOSED.  Rest easy and salivate for my follow-up next time! 

animePSP2.jpg

#638 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Decided to pass since I just got a new PS3/Controller , plus a White controller would look weird if your console isnt white....

So all your controllers are black?

#639 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

...plus a White controller would look weird if your console isnt white....

I never have understood this. Do people somehow display their controllers and console side by side? My console is in an entainment center and is barely noticeable. The controllers (when not in use) are in a drawer.

#640 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Or you can sell it online for twice that much. Is trading stuff in really that much easier than mailing something out?

Yes. Spooge gave a good response, but here's a non- sellers pov.

I've never sold anything online
So I'd have to do the research on policies, tips, ect. Then I'd have to set up an account and list the game. Not knowing much, I'd list it similar to the other listings. But wait, I'm a new seller with no feedback so I'd actually list it a bit lower to entice someone taking a chance on me. All the while I'm out the money until it sells.

Lets say it sold. Now I've gotta figure out shipping. What priority do I ship? Tracking? Hmm, when can I get to the post office - its usually closed by the time I'm off work. Do I leave feedback?

Or I could trade the game in and be done. And I used store credit to buy it anyways.

#641 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just a matter of preference of course.

I don't care what color my controllers are as long as they work. Plus my console isn't visible anyway... but it ain't invisible either. :booty:
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#642 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

So all your controllers are black?

Pretty much, just a personal preference for me. All my PS3 controllers are black, my 360 controllers are either Red or Black (Since I have the Gear's console). And my Wii/WiiU controllers are black
Posted ImagePosted Image

#643 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Picked one of these up to replace the Sixaxis controller I got from PS3 launch. Traded that in for about 18.xx or so at Gamestop. Was wanting Twisted Metal, which $20 or so for seems like a decent deal for it.

#644 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Picked one of these up to replace the Sixaxis controller I got from PS3 launch. Traded that in for about 18.xx or so at Gamestop. Was wanting Twisted Metal, which $20 or so for seems like a decent deal for it.

how's the control feel? I've heard some of the bundled controlelrs feel cheaply made

#645 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

how's the control feel? I've heard some of the bundled controlelrs feel cheaply made

I don't know who's saying that, but it's false. I've bought new dualshocks by themselves, and bundled ones, and even of the same color they're exactly alike and have gotten the same mileage.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#646 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I agree with that statement. I also have bundles and individual controller purchases.

Same to me. No different. Not sure where those opinions are coming from. Perhaps there were different batches. Who knows with quality control these days.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#647 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

So the material of the white controller is smooth like the stock black ones and not like the camo ones? I prefer the camo matted feel.

#648 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

So the material of the white controller is smooth like the stock black ones and not like the camo ones? I prefer the camo matted feel.

Newer black controllers have the matte as well. I highly prefer it compared to the old smooth/shiny surface as well.
tl

#649 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm down for a white controller. I like having different color remotes for party game play.
It's easier to differ who had which controller.

Plus I traded in my Twisted Metal copy and feel like replaying it for some reason

#650 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I don't know who's saying that, but it's false. I've bought new dualshocks by themselves, and bundled ones, and even of the same color they're exactly alike and have gotten the same mileage.

I agree with that statement. I also have bundles and individual controller purchases.

Same to me. No different. Not sure where those opinions are coming from. Perhaps there were different batches. Who knows with quality control these days.

Awesome, thanks for the replies, I'll have to pick this up since my controller is starting to glitch on me (stupid L3 button!!)

and aaronrodgers, take it easy on the 49ers this weekend!

#651 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

That's funny. I prefer the smooth finish on the camo controller over the sticky feel of my 2-year old black one. In fact, I stopped using the black one because it is always sticky no matter what I use to clean it with. But the camo L3 stick broke after only a few month of light use, while my black one is still going stong, so I'm a bit worried about the quality control of these newer controllers

Awesome, thanks for the replies, I'll have to pick this up since my controller is starting to glitch on me (stupid L3 button!!)

and aaronrodgers, take it easy on the 49ers this weekend!

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#652 SilverPrince

SilverPrince

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Picked one of these up today. Been wanting Twisted Metal so I could play it with my buddy. Not a big fan of the white controller though, but he wanted another one, so he's buying it off me for $20. Win-win. He gets a heavily discounted new DS3 and I get a new copy of Twisted Metal for $20.

#653 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

That's funny. I prefer the smooth finish on the camo controller over the sticky feel of my 2-year old black one. In fact, I stopped using the black one because it is always sticky no matter what I use to clean it with. But the camo L3 stick broke after only a few month of light use, while my black one is still going stong, so I'm a bit worried about the quality control of these newer controllers

I just ordered a bundle for store pick-up, I guess I'll hope for the best

#654 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I picked up the twisted metal bundle. I kept the controller and traded in the twisted metal game to blockbuster for $22.

#655 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yes. Spooge gave a good response, but here's a non- sellers pov.

I've never sold anything online
So I'd have to do the research on policies, tips, ect. Then I'd have to set up an account and list the game. Not knowing much, I'd list it similar to the other listings. But wait, I'm a new seller with no feedback so I'd actually list it a bit lower to entice someone taking a chance on me. All the while I'm out the money until it sells.

Lets say it sold. Now I've gotta figure out shipping. What priority do I ship? Tracking? Hmm, when can I get to the post office - its usually closed by the time I'm off work. Do I leave feedback?

Or I could trade the game in and be done. And I used store credit to buy it anyways.

Yeah, plus Feebay will nickel and dime you to hell. Better off using something like Craigslist.
Posted Image

#656 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I picked up the twisted metal bundle. I kept the controller and traded in the twisted metal game to blockbuster for $22.

Blockbuster takes trade ins?
Posted Image

#657 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

No problem pablo escobar. Hope the transaction and merchandise works out well for you.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#658 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

If anybody is wondering the Dualshock controller trades in at $24.20 at Gamestop if your a Powerup Rewards member.
Posted Image

#659 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Dual Shocks these days are poorly made, the paint is sanded off on the body of the left analog stick from tilting forward, so are the buttons.

Tracidic.png

#660 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Dual Shocks these days are poorly made, the paint is sanded off on the body of the left analog stick from tilting forward, so are the buttons.

No offense, but I never thought of that as poorly made. I chalked it up to normal wear and tear on that stick.

Isn't that normal for the stick?
Posted Image

Now playing: