Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#661 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

No offense, but I never thought of that as poorly made. I chalked it up to normal wear and tear on that stick.

Isn't that normal for the stick?

Umm considering my 2 old controllers, and one not so old one (one thats from an old first gen fatty) dont have that, i would say no. The really old one got tons of play too. I totally believe that the new controllers are crap. Sony is getting cheaper and cheaper with their stuff. Just look at the god awful new PS3 model they're pawning off on consumers.

Dont think its just them though. I had to exchange like 3 or 4 Xbox gears of war 3 controllers before i got a decent one. Problems ranged from the diagnals flat out not working on the D pad, to the analog sticks sticking right out of the box. If i left it sitting there at neutral it would float to the side. A lot of them feel a lot looser and less accurate than my old ones too
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#662 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

No offense, but I never thought of that as poorly made. I chalked it up to normal wear and tear on that stick.

Isn't that normal for the stick?

That happened on my original Analog PS1 controller. That's right, this is such a common occurrence, it goes back to BEFORE Sony was even allowed to put vibration in its controllers.
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#663 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

My new urban camo one is the best playstation controller I've ever owned. If anything I think they have gotten better. The new Bluetooth headset 2.0 is a God send over the POS original. I also got that in urban camo.

#664 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

My new urban camo one is the best playstation controller I've ever owned. If anything I think they have gotten better. The new Bluetooth headset 2.0 is a God send over the POS original. I also got that in urban camo.

Yep, I agree, the camo I got bundled with KZT is the best PS3 controller I've owned.

Also, who is that in your avatar? Everytime I get a quick look, it looks like Brady Quinn but it can't be him. xD

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#665 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Also, who is that in your avatar? Everytime I get a quick look, it looks like Brady Quinn but it can't be him. xD

Looks like Christian Bale from American Psycho.

I got this bundle, but now I'm re-thinking on the camouflage one you're all talking about. :-/

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#666 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Looks like Christian Bale from American Psycho.

I got this bundle, but now I'm re-thinking on the camouflage one you're all talking about. :-/

Thanks, American Psycho...Never seen it. I did like Bale in Equilibrium, awesome film, first I saw Bale in. Should have recognized him. heh.

Oh, and yes, Camo is my controller of choice, the White is just for a spare, like I said, I'm a sucker for cheap DS3s >_>

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#667 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Umm considering my 2 old controllers, and one not so old one (one thats from an old first gen fatty) dont have that, i would say no. The really old one got tons of play too. I totally believe that the new controllers are crap. Sony is getting cheaper and cheaper with their stuff. Just look at the god awful new PS3 model they're pawning off on consumers.

Dont think its just them though. I had to exchange like 3 or 4 Xbox gears of war 3 controllers before i got a decent one. Problems ranged from the diagnals flat out not working on the D pad, to the analog sticks sticking right out of the box. If i left it sitting there at neutral it would float to the side. A lot of them feel a lot looser and less accurate than my old ones too

I've had that happen to all my PS controllers. That is why I chalk it up to normal wear and tear.

From launch PS controllers to my launch 60 PS3, none were spared of the chalk dust.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#668 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Funny thing. I was on the fence on the deal but ended up passing. The very late night I go to plug my controller into my mini usb to charge and the port on the controller break and falls down into the controller. Ugh.

#669 CaptainZombie

CaptainZombie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I bought one of these and the controller just looks cheap. I do hate that all my electronics are black in color and sticks out like a sore thumb.

#670 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

My SF 25th Anniversary Edition showed up today and man, that's one of the better packaged CEs I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen but so many, but the box alone is top notch and while the CD packaging is a bit shoddy with using those clear sleeves, I couldn't be happier with picking this up.

If it ever goes cheaper no one should think twice.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#671 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

So whats next week deals?

#672 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

What's up with bestbuy.com not doing video game price matching all of a sudden? They did it around the holidays and today i called and they told me they dont do it and never did? I had them look up my sale and proved them wrong. But they said no video game or movie price matches.

#673 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

What's up with bestbuy.com not doing video game price matching all of a sudden? They did it around the holidays and today i called and they told me they dont do it and never did? I had them look up my sale and proved them wrong. But they said no video game or movie price matches.

You probably just got someone stupid, I'd advise to just call again.

It's happened to me twice as well and I called right back and got a PM with no problem.

1. I was told they do not price match Gamestop because they are a "discount store since they sell used games"

2. I was told I could not get a price adjustment because I paid for my 3DS XL entirely with my Pitch-In card.

Both of those are false and they probably didn't know what they were doing.

#674 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

My SF 25th Anniversary Edition showed up today and man, that's one of the better packaged CEs I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen but so many, but the box alone is top notch and while the CD packaging is a bit shoddy with using those clear sleeves, I couldn't be happier with picking this up.

If it ever goes cheaper no one should think twice.

Mines came in today too. Anyone just received it yet? I have it, but notice that when flipping the box over, inside sounds like its moving like the disc is loose. Is this Normal? The box is factory sealed (little dots on the box) The cardboard sleeve has no big circle stickers on either sides.(You know from sliding the black box out.)

#675 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

You probably just got someone stupid, I'd advise to just call again.

It's happened to me twice as well and I called right back and got a PM with no problem.

1. I was told they do not price match Gamestop because they are a "discount store since they sell used games"

2. I was told I could not get a price adjustment because I paid for my 3DS XL entirely with my Pitch-In card.

Both of those are false and they probably didn't know what they were doing.

Thanks for the reply

#676 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

In fact, I stopped using the black one because it is always sticky no matter what

What... games are you playing?

#677 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

What... games are you playing?

Catherine?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#678 Stereo

Stereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Bayonetta?

#679 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Madden Football? ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#680 TheThoughtlessOne

TheThoughtlessOne

Blame Jon Irenicus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Madden Football? ;)

:applause:

#681 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Got my SF 25th Anniversary today. The boxed had damages to the top right corner and left a deep crease mark. There was also a light black line across the sticker on the of the box like someone had key across it with something hard. Had i paid $150, i'll be very upset and probably return it.

This collectors edi. was not a good as i've expected. the box seems poorly made and the stature is semi decent. The cd were just shoved into the box with cheap cd sleeves. I"ve already owned both AE and SFxT so the 2 retail games are not much value. Hoping the DLC w/ the alpha series will make up for it.

I can see why it didn't sell out. my was 10,000 something out of 30,000. that probably means there are 20,000 somewhere still floating around at capcom warehouse

#682 jr7936

jr7936

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

for 59 dollars from warehouse deals on amazon + another 10 off since a few of the cd's had scratches on them from which looked like they came from the sticky material. all together for 49 dollars shipped i can't complain even though i already had street fighter third strike. the box had all the dlc codes unused as well

i doubt it will be any cheaper then 49 dollars soon

#683 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

eww brostep. pass.

#684 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

If anybody is wondering the Dualshock controller trades in at $24.20 at Gamestop if your a Powerup Rewards member.

For some reason my Gamestop was quoting me 18 for the controller and decided to keep mine. If anyone wants the Twisted Metal Bundle let me know. Ordered online for in store pickup but having second thoughts about trading in my current controller for the white one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#685 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Madden Football? ;)

lol. this is win.

Also, ive been trying to figure out your avatar for a bit... and just yesterday I picked up Zero Escape.... mystery solved.

Where do you guys see this daily deal?
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#686 ps360gamer

ps360gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

There was also a light black line across the sticker on the of the box like someone had key across it with something hard.

This is common practice in retail. It is called a remainder mark or cut-out. Most common with books/CD/Games, it means that the product has been marked down at a discount cause it was overstock or left over inventory. Usually doesn't hurt the value but most collectors wouldn't want it.

Now if the mark was on the UPS or FedEx box that is a different story. They (UPS/FedEx) do that all the time and it drives me nuts.

#687 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

This is common practice in retail. It is called a remainder mark or cut-out. Most common with books/CD/Games, it means that the product has been marked down at a discount cause it was overstock or left over inventory. Usually doesn't hurt the value but most collectors wouldn't want it.

Now if the mark was on the UPS or FedEx box that is a different story. They (UPS/FedEx) do that all the time and it drives me nuts.

you probably mis-understood me. There is no marker or pen mark, just a slightly crease over the jap character sticker that caused a overshadow mark.

#688 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

it seems Borderlands 2 is a deal of the day, but the price hasn't updated.

#689 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

it seems Borderlands 2 is a deal of the day, but the price hasn't updated.

Why oh why, i check this site right before going to bed... Now im going to have to wait....

(Thanks for the heads up :lol:)

#690 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

It's $34.99