Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#841 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Lmfao. Not wasting my Rzone certificate on this. I won't be shocked if they Brutal Legend/Duke Nukem this and have it for $2.99.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#842 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

This is taken straight from the creators page:

Seems there is a whole lot of more steps involved vs the PS3 tab. Which surprised me since I figured the 360 would be the easiest one to get working on the PC.

Ahh thanks, appreciate the info. Does sound like a bit of a pain to get the 360 version working. I'll probably use the PS3 version on the PC instead then.

Looking at the instructions, I didn't realize the PS3 version had its own USB dongle as well (while the 360 version uses the normal wireless controller frequency of the console, I guess). You'd think it could've just used Bluetooth instead on the PS3, but I suppose that makes it easier to work with if you don't already have a Bluetooth device. Too bad it doesn't seem to able to use pressure sensitivity on PC., but should be better at basic drawing tasks than a mouse would be anyway.

Isketch, here I come!

#843 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

You'd think it could've just used Bluetooth instead on the PS3, but I suppose that makes it easier to work with if you don't already have a Bluetooth device

Sony doesn't allow that, hence third-party wireless controllers and arcade sticks use those inconvenient dongles.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#844 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

You know how you can buy pieces of meteorite online? Buy one of these to commemorate the sinking of THQ. It's a piece of gaming history.

#845 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

You know how you can buy pieces of meteorite online? Buy one of these to commemorate the sinking of THQ. It's a piece of gaming history.

A piece of the Berlin Wall or the Titanic would be more analogous.

#846 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

i agree thats y i bought this...wont b openin it

#847 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

considering what happened to thq i wont be surprised if bestbuy does more deals to clearance out older thq titles like u draw, homefront, red faction, darksiders 1 and saints row the third reg edition to name a few. hope saints row gets super cheap soon
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#848 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

You know, those U-draw tablets might be a good way to play RTS games on PC from the couch! Think I might get one! (The PS3 one of course, so it's less of a hassle to get it to work on PC)

#849 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

haha same thing here, for a dollar and change out of pocket i couldn't resist. now to try and pick up some cheap games for it.

haha same here too...n for one to try this PC tablet stuff people yappin bout...worst case the daught can play with it. weeeeee!

#850 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Wow! Udraw killed THQ! Wonder why they thought this will be a hit on conoles! Sheeesh! Well getting a piece of history for $6 is nice!

#851 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Another thing after watching the vid on p.42 (thanks eXiON!):

I got moto gp3 on the pc, but it's not compatible with DirectX drivers on Vista, so I can't use my logitech controller...I can only use the keyboard to control the bike, which is a nightmare, rendering the game useless to me.

But with this tablet and driver, it looks like I can assign the keyboard keys to the tablet keys and use the tablet to play the game! Am i right?!?!

#852 io

io

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

What the hell - even though I never opened the PS3 one I got a year and a half ago (for $30 or $40 - d'oh!) I picked up a 360 one for $6 (well, actually 99 cents after a $5 RZ coupon I got from My Coke Rewards).

I'm still not sure why, but there you go ;).

#853 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Do those RZ points expire?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#854 io

io

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Do those RZ points expire?

You mean the ones from MCR?

The MCR email says this: "Be sure to use your code before it expires on 1/31/14.". Now, I'm not sure if that is just when the MCR code to get the $5 in RZ points expires - but probably it is. I think once you put them on your RZ account I think they are just like any other RZ points and stay forever (or as long as the RZ program/Best Buy still exists ;)).

#855 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Coming next week:

Best Buy Deal of the Day
uDraw Tablet and Instant Artist Game- Free with any purchase

Coming 2 weeks from now:

Best Buy Deal of the Day
uDraw Tablet and Instant Artist Game- Free & $5 Reward Zone Cert for each one of these you take off our hands.

Coming 3 weeks from now:
uDraw Tablet and Instant Artist Game- We give up. Dumpster City. (Dumpster then spits them out.)

Sucks that this POS helped tank THQ.

#856 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

The uDraw isn't a POS at all. It's a nice little tablet, and Pictionary is quite fun. THQ just overpriced it (probably unavoidable) and made way too many of them.

Edited by eastx, 29 January 2013 - 02:34 PM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#857 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well I had one of these in 1990 and it was called VideoPainter and was made by Sony oddly enough. So its a 20 year old idea that they priced the way they did and banked huge on it. I can just see the marketing guys hyping the crap out of this thing as the "next thing in gaming".

So maybe not a POS but sorely disappointing.

#858 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I've been telling people for months not to buy this because it would be cheaper. I'm not sure why people were so agitated and angry about my posts in the past but here it is, the price so many said it would never hit. It's time to buy for the folks that have been waiting.

I think people were mad at me for pointing out that they were paying more than they have to for it. Same thing with my Wii U comments and my comments that the 720 will be announced in a couple months. Oh but you're all right, I'm a fanboy....of common sense.

#859 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Oh, what the heck. I'll get a uDraw. I did love the Art Academy DS stuff.

#860 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

How many of these devices did they make? It surely was a strong catalyst to have crippled THQ. And now THQ is out of business :( WTF!

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#861 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Soon they are gonna need to star giving these away lol

#862 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I bought this game for $10 for my kid, he played it once and never touched it again. I tried playing it and it's pretty hard to do. I would easily take my $10 back, wouldn't spend $6 on it either.

axlrose4183.png

#863 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

How many of these devices did they make? It surely was a strong catalyst to have crippled THQ. And now THQ is out of business :( WTF!

They took a 100 million dollar write down from them so if imagine they made 1 million for each of the HD consoles.

#864 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think some people expect too much. Myself as well as both of my sons enjoy using the udraw. The art aspect of it is pretty neat. Lots of designs to choose from, and what kid doesn't like to color?

#865 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I've been telling people for months not to buy this because it would be cheaper. I'm not sure why people were so agitated and angry about my posts in the past but here it is, the price so many said it would never hit. It's time to buy for the folks that have been waiting.

I think people were mad at me for pointing out that they were paying more than they have to for it. Same thing with my Wii U comments and my comments that the 720 will be announced in a couple months. Oh but you're all right, I'm a fanboy....of common sense.

Because people will do what they want. I paid $10 for my sons for Christmas and it's $6 now. Oh WOW, guess I better get on a public forum and cry like a baby because I could have saved $4 :roll:

#866 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Because people will do what they want. I paid $10 for my sons for Christmas and it's $6 now. Oh WOW, guess I better get on a public forum and cry like a baby because I could have saved $4 :roll:

No. People were insulting me and trying to shame me for telling people this would be cheaper.

#867 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

No. People were insulting me and trying to shame me for telling people this would be cheaper.

This is CAG, what did you really expect? Start using your ignore feature, it works like a charm. Trust me, I have plenty of people on it :)

#868 killarich908

killarich908

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

what does the udraw do thats special? for 6 bucks might just get it to add the hardware

#869 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

While UDraw Instant Artist isn't that amazing (but it is just 'alright'). I think I may start using this tablet as a PC mouse when sitting on the couch. It's much slower than using a traditional mouse, but for a HTPC, when you're not at a desk, it's not too bad when you only use it briefly to play media (no mouse scroll feature though).

#870 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I have a $5 Best Buy certificate and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering this.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us