Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#871 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Kind of bummed about this. I picked up the Wii version for $10 at Walmart's Black Friday and was excited until I saw the Gamestop deal. Since I found out my parents were getting my son an XBox 360 and one of my local Gamestops had the 360 version and not the Wii version, I put one on hold. When I got there, they said someone else had already picked up my reservation. I was pretty furious with them, as my son had been wanting the Super Hero Squad uDraw game for a while, and this was my chance to get it cheap. Plus I realized it was easier to share the pictures he drew from the Xbox than it was the Wii (which I knew he would want to do for his grandparents). I went ahead and gave him the Wii version uDraw, which he was pretty excited about. He played it once and put it away, but it's mostly because he's been obsessed with his XBox and Skylanders game he got. I'm sure he would play it some more if he had it for the XBox. For $6, I would have used one of my rewards certificates to pick it up, but it's not available for shipping and not available in any stores in my area :(.

I do see the PS3 version availabe in my area. I'm debating on buying it and exchanging it elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I saw them at Walmart.

#872 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I do see the PS3 version availabe in my area. I'm debating on buying it and exchanging it elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I saw them at Walmart.

That's what I'd do in your situation.

#873 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

My five and seven year old girls love the u draw and its games especially the art studio and the princess game. Too bad this didn't work out as it could have been a decent peripheral, but thq obviously put too much into it initially and only released a couple games for it on ps3 and 360. That made it easy to choose the wii version which has more games. For $6 I'll get a second as a back up in case it breaks. The cord does worry me a little.

#874 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

The worst part for me is that after playing it a few times I find that for me (and my daughter) we'd rather draw on the iPad and now I'm stuck with this useless tablet.

I'm considering going the CheapyD route and throwing it in the trash.
Posted Image

#875 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

If someone bought this for $10 could they PM it today, or you can't PM DOTD?

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#876 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

I figure this is worth it at the price point where a Blockbuster videogame rental was at not so many years ago. N for 1

Edited by BetaDemo, 29 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image

#877 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Dollar more than my price point, but whatever. I'm getting it. It's gaming garbage, but I still want it.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#878 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

got my pricematch of $2 back, from my previous purchase of $7.99.

#879 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

any reason to pick up a second one? are all the games on ps3 compatiblwith only one controller?

#880 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

off topic, but bestbuy could not possibly be making any money off this at this price. It is like a firesale ,lol

#881 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I got this from BB when it was $13(ish) before xmas. Had customer service give me $3 credit earlier this month when they had it for $10. Should I still be able to price match again? Did xmas purchases have any extended matching period or anything? I'm not Silver Rewards.

I enjoyed it for what it was. For the price of a movie, I got a few hours of entertainment out of it and then sold it. I always had an interest in art so I was actually trying the art tutorials and was happy with my finished masterpieces. We played pictionary as a family a few times. My 8 yr old enjoyed it but I know he would eventually lose interest. Some of the color mazes on Pictionary are challenging.

Sold or traded everything in and got most of my money back weeks ago before the game trade in values tanked.

#882 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think the extended holiday return policy ended yesterday. Otherwise I'd get some money back myself.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#883 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Last time Best Buy had this on sale I dropped around $50 on a uDraw and all the relevant games (Everything but like the Disney Princesses one and the Kung Fu Panda one) and it's a pretty neat little package, though I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

oIi9lub.png

#884 tomwaits1

tomwaits1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Looks like there are only 3 titles available for the PS3/360 versions of the uDraw while there are 8 or 9 uDraw titles available for the Wii...

#885 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

any reason to pick up a second one? are all the games on ps3 compatiblwith only one controller?

That's a good question. Does anybody know if Pictionary for Xbox 360/PS3 supports using two controllers? Because having 2 tablets would be pretty useful for reducing how much the tablet(s) needs to be passed around.

#886 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wouldn't even consider this if it wasn't for that free $5 RZ card they sent in the mail that expires this weekend. It's down to this or those trigger attachment things for my PS3 controller.

#887 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Anyone know if this can be used as a mouse for like a XBMC media center pc ?

#888 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I got this from BB when it was $13(ish) before xmas. Had customer service give me $3 credit earlier this month when they had it for $10. Should I still be able to price match again? Did xmas purchases have any extended matching period or anything? I'm not Silver Rewards.

Holiday price matching ended January 24th at Best Buy, so you could only price match if you are inside the 30 day price match period now which it sounds like you’re not.

#889 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not available online or my local stores, so I don't have to even ponder the idea of buying it.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#890 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I purchased the PS3 one a few months ago for the PC and the driver is iffy. Couldn't get it to work properly with photoshop.

I did buy 2 360 one's in the summer when they were like 18 bucks. Never opened the second one.

I did buy 4 for my nephews so that each could have one. So far they love it!

#891 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Anyone know if this can be used as a mouse for like a XBMC media center pc ?

http://brandonw.net/udraw/

I'm hoping it will work as a decent couch mouse for games that are too complicated for a mouse or as a mouse like interface for combination with an xbox controller and Xpadder for games like Mass Effect, where you could use the controller for gameplay and the tablet for the menus or where a mouse would normally be needed

#892 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

http://brandonw.net/udraw/

I'm hoping it will work as a decent couch mouse for games that are too complicated for a mouse or as a mouse like interface for combination with an xbox controller and Xpadder for games like Mass Effect, where you could use the controller for gameplay and the tablet for the menus or where a mouse would normally be needed

If these worked as decent PC tablets/mice I would think they'd be flying off the shelves. Just think of all the people who'd love something like that. I mean even for Win8 it would work wonders to make any normal monitor more like a touch screen to better use the new interface. Not even to mention people wanting it for a cheap photoshop tablet.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#893 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's a good question. Does anybody know if Pictionary for Xbox 360/PS3 supports using two controllers? Because having 2 tablets would be pretty useful for reducing how much the tablet(s) needs to be passed around.

This

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#894 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

If these worked as decent PC tablets/mice I would think they'd be flying off the shelves. Just think of all the people who'd love something like that. I mean even for Win8 it would work wonders to make any normal monitor more like a touch screen to better use the new interface. Not even to mention people wanting it for a cheap photoshop tablet.

Well I suppose not many people know that you CAN use it on PC!

Also: Since it's emulated as a mouse, no pressure sensitivity for photoshop(at least with the drivers this guy made)

#895 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

So what are the other available games for the 360 version other than the pack-in game?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#896 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

So what are the other available games for the 360 version other than the pack-in game?

Behold the power of Google!

http://www.worldofud...s?platform=Xbox

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#897 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Using a credit card? Watch out for the 'checkout fee'
http://money.cnn.com...f/checkout-fee/

... it will still be illegal to charge the new fee in 10 states, including New York, California and Texas.

One of the reasons I enjoy living in CA. We seem to have pretty good consumer & tenant protection laws.

$6 seems cheap enough. Looks like it could be fun for kids. Do any of the Udraw games support 2 tablets?

#898 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

One of the reasons I enjoy living in CA. We seem to have pretty good consumer & tenant protection laws.

$6 seems cheap enough. Looks like it could be fun for kids. Do any of the Udraw games support 2 tablets?

And many big retailers (Target and Walmart, for example) have already stated that they will not be charging a CC fee, since they can leverage lower rates with the credit companies. Target specifically said they will not be passing on costs to the customer. The companies that will most likely are the smaller retailers that don't have the ability to negotiate fees.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#899 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I thought it was carne asada fries

#900 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

So the question now is to use the $5 gift certificate I have to get this for 99 cents or hope to get FFXIII-2 for $5.

I mean, I don't really want either but I have a feeling I could muck around with the tablet a little more.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us