Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#931 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Deja vu? They could at least go under 30, wow. lol.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#932 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Depends on if you like Windows 8. The specs are ok, but you have to remember it's not a regular i5. This is a i5 M, so it's going to be slower. The trade-off is supposed to be better battery life, but it didn't seem that great when looking at the reviews on Amazon. It does have a 3rd gen i5 so it's got the HD 4000 graphics. Would seem like a decent deal at ~$400 if it can what you need it to do.

*edit*
Plus it's 5.6 pounds! Might be annoying for someone swapping from a Macbook Air.

Thanks, i didn't know it was a "slower" i5. I looked at steam last night and was surprised at how many steam games support OS X that I have. I may keep what I have for now..thanks!!

#933 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Deja vu? They could at least go under 30, wow. lol.

Agreed. It seems like MSRP will probably be around $30 sometime soon. But Borderlands 2 is definitely worth more than $32 in my opinion. Such a great game.

#934 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Agreed. It seems like MSRP will probably be around $30 sometime soon. But Borderlands 2 is definitely worth more than $32 in my opinion. Such a great game.

Game of the century

#935 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

In for a GOTY Borderlands 2.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#936 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Just a heads up for anyone who bought a uDraw yesterday: There is one online achievement where you have to upload a picture to the uDraw website. The server is still up as of last night but you might want to knock that one out sooner rather than later.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#937 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

That's a good deal on a sound bar.

it's been $50 more times than i can count. i would not recommend it. did some research on it and optical only really hurts it. plenty of discussion on slick deals bashing it

#938 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Not a bad price on BL2, but I just got NiNoKuni so I'll be busy with that for awhile. Plus I'd rather hold out for GOTY.

#939 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

it's been $50 more times than i can count. i would not recommend it. did some research on it and optical only really hurts it. plenty of discussion on slick deals bashing it

If one doesn't care about the optical out only seems like its alright for a sound bar on a budget.

#940 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

In for a GOTY Borderlands 2.

See you later this Summer.

#941 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

If one doesn't care about the optical out only seems like its alright for a sound bar on a budget.

optical in, not out.. i just don't get it though. it's not a surround bar, it only does left and right stereo). so why have optical that does 5.1 when it should really have simply red and white, what most tvs have?!

#942 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Just got my Udraw in the mail. The box was a little beat up but nothing too bad. Now I wonder when am I ever going to play it.

#943 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I have a strange request, but hopefully someone here can help. I'm communicating with Best Buy about an issue I had when buying Rage on 12/22/2012. The clerk who rang me up took my $10 credit, even though it couldn't be used. The game was on sale that day for $9.99, and even shows in the old thread, but Best Buy is claiming that it was never on sale for that price.

Does anybody have the e-mail from that day? My e-mail was hacked from that Brazilian Yahoo hacker a few weeks ago, so I lost that e-mail. I'd like to get that $10 certificate back.

My post on the Best Buy forums is here.

#944 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I have a strange request, but hopefully someone here can help. I'm communicating with Best Buy about an issue I had when buying Rage on 12/22/2012. The clerk who rang me up took my $10 credit, even though it couldn't be used. The game was on sale that day for $9.99, and even shows in the old thread, but Best Buy is claiming that it was never on sale for that price.

Does anybody have the e-mail from that day? My e-mail was hacked from that Brazilian Yahoo hacker a few weeks ago, so I lost that e-mail. I'd like to get that $10 certificate back.

I have the emails from that range but RAGE is not listed in the emails (I checked that whole week). I believe it was one of the deals, but not in the actual email.

#945 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I have the emails from that range but RAGE is not listed in the emails (I checked that whole week). I believe it was one of the deals, but not in the actual email.

Damn. Thank you anyway, especially your speediness. I guess I'm not getting that $10 back.

#946 SonOfMan

SonOfMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Damn. Thank you anyway, especially your speediness. I guess I'm not getting that $10 back.

Today only, BestBuy.com is offering the following video game deals Rage - $9.99...Published Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:32 AM by admin:
http://gamerdeals.ne...-9-99-more.aspx

I understand it was actually a Video Game Special Today Only offer "VGSTO" are seen here:
http://www.bestbuy.c...=01&PID=1312731

I understand Deal Of The Day "DOTD" offers are here:
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat248000050016

How much evidence is enough? Aforesaid should suffice. However Best Buys record of customer service or lack thereof is suspect.

#947 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

If you ended up buying the game and used your reward zone they can get a hold of the receipt. If some else here bought it they can send you a screenshot of their reward zone.
Posted Image

#948 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

If you want I'll screencap my receipt from the Rewardzone site...

Posted Image

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#949 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Best Buy's response was that you bought the game at 19.99 minus 10 bucks, so either you bought the game at 9.99 and didn't use the cert or the mod is an idiot.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#950 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Wow! Thanks so much. I already have the above receipt from my own reward zone account, which is what they're saying is proof that the $10 off has already been applied, and why the game is $9.99. Seriously, they're claiming the $9.99 price did not happen.

#951 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Was the cert actually used on the purchase? Cause otherwise it should still be available on myrewardzone.com unless it expired. If that isn't the case, and for some reason the game was rang up at $19.99 in store and you got screwed... well yeah, I think all the little bit of evidence just posted should help but I would just keep insisting and mention that it was a DOTD. It is possible they are only looking at their weekly sales in arguing with you.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#952 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Wow! Thanks so much. I already have the above receipt from my own reward zone account, which is what they're saying is proof that the $10 off has already been applied, and why the game is $9.99. Seriously, they're claiming the $9.99 price did not happen.

I see the problem is that they don't put the fricking reward points on the receipt....

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#953 SonOfMan

SonOfMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

February 01, 2013 Bonus Deals of the Day. It Is What It Is

NBA Baller Beats - Xbox 360 Sale:$19.99
http://www.bestbuy.c...q8l2Pqc8Sa8YrUW

#954 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I think I'm going to order this since it comes with an official NBA basketball. Thanks again! I can use the basketball in the summer time.

#955 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Rage was one of those "Today only" deals, it wasn't exactly posted on the "Deal of the Day" page. Not sure if Best Buy views them differently.

#956 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Ballah Beatz? Booyah! Bitchin to Bag this Bad Boy!

OTOH I think I'll get a lot more fun times out of the chocolate fountain....

Decisions, decisions.

Off topic: has anybody noticed that the 3DS is now a Smile icon? WTF

#957 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

getting it for the ball and trading in the game somewhere isnt a bad idea as nba balls cost over twice as much as this 19.99 bundle does
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#958 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

Note that the basketball included with NBA BAller Beats is your normal "replica" NBA ball, not the "official" leather NBA ball. To a regular non-athlete they function pretty much the same, but the official ball is 2x-3x more expensive. $20 is still cheaper than the normal price (~$30) for a replica ball, so good deal even if you want just the basketball.

#959 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

So is this game actually any good? I have a little brother who is starting up basketball and I would think he would like this to play with to practice his dribbling.

#960 caca13

caca13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

So is this game actually any good? I have a little brother who is starting up basketball and I would think he would like this to play with to practice his dribbling.

I think this game is good. I just watch some youtube videos of people playing on the different difficulty levels. The videos has changes my mind about the game. I will go get it to tomorrow. As you go to harder levels it will force you to keep your head up to watch the screen and not your head down at the ball.

This is coming from playing basketball for 20 years. This game can help with your dribbling skills a lot.

Edited by caca13, 01 February 2013 - 11:20 AM.
edit text