Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#991 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

That headset is fantastic, in case anyone is wondering. I got it from GameStop when they messed up and sold it for $50. So worth it.

#992 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

That headset is fantastic, in case anyone is wondering. I got it from GameStop when they messed up and sold it for $50. So worth it.

Agreed. I scored a PS3 headset as a christmas gift in 2011 and it is great. I actually prefer wearing it over listening via my surround sound system.
Posted Image

#993 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Agreed. I scored a PS3 headset as a christmas gift in 2011 and it is great. I actually prefer wearing it over listening via my surround sound system.

Journey with those things on is mind blowing.

#994 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Just wanted to chime in. I got this headset for Christmas. My dad tried it out, liked it, went out and bought it as well. It's a great headset. Clear sound and voice audio. I highly recommend it.

Are you guys running two of these headsets on one PS3? How well does that work??
Posted Image

#995 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Amazon price match on the ps3 headset if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0053OLY9O/

I finally caved and bought them. Hopefully they are as good as everyone has been raving. :)

#996 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Are you guys running two of these headsets on one PS3? How well does that work??

There's a USB dongle that comes with it. I'm guessing they have two of them.

#997 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Amazon price match on the ps3 headset if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0053OLY9O/

I finally caved and bought them. Hopefully they are as good as everyone has been raving. :)

Can this be used with PC as well?

#998 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Can this be used with PC as well?

Works on PC and Mac. I tried it out awhile back, and it's a decent headset, but unnecessarily bulky due to design/style.

#999 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I have these. They are perfect. They are very comfortable to wear, and the battery life is long 7 hours at least. I did experience wifi issues when I first got it for the PS3, but that was quickly solved when I moved the doogle a few feet away by using a USB extension cord.

And yes. It does work with the PC, but the virtual surround sounds only works with the PS3 games.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#1000 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Not sure how two headsets work. I always thought the ps3 had limitations on how many headsets you can connect. I remember trying to connect two earpieces to play little big planet back in the day and I wasn't able to. Unless they fixed this in an update? I haven't tried since then and that was like 4 or 5 years ago.

#1001 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I just got the newer Elite version of the headset last week from Amazon. It's totally worth the additional price if you need this feature: The dongle has a 3.5 mm jack, and comes with a cable so you can hook in other sources (like the TV or an ipod) to the jack and wirelessly transmit to the headphones. Great for stuff like watching TV at night while your significant other is asleep.
FadeToOne.png

#1002 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I think I'm just going to pay the extra $4 and pick it up at the BB down the street instead of Priming it on AZ... I wanted to play Dead Space 3 tonight.

Do these get hot on your ear-balls? I bought a pair of Sennheisers in 2010 and while they sounded great, the cups got too warm and uncomfortable on my ears.

#1003 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I just got the Pulse about 2 weeks ago. They are pretty good, but does anybody else notice a click, like the plastic is accommodating itself? Dunno if I should jump on this or just stay with my Pulse.

#1004 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Do the headphones work with the Vita? Does the Vita have bluetooth? I'm not even sure.

#1005 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Saw this and thought it was elite's at first... I already have these and they are fantastic just want to make an upgrade.

Kamagii.png

#1006 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I am so glad I got the elite for 70 a month ago using a price match to newegg at 99 and then the 30 dollar off coupon as a price adj later at best buy. Yes I know it was YMMV but it turned out and awesome deal.

Do the headphones work with the Vita? Does the Vita have bluetooth? I'm not even sure.

Yes the vita has bluetooth but these are not bluetooth they use a standard audio cable for the vita and say a mp3 player. To the ps3 they have a dongle. I dont think the vita supports a2dp for games. I know it does it for music,

#1007 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I own both pair, but I haven't tried to use both of them at the same time though. Each one comes with its USB Dongle. The advantage of the later model is that it comes with a 3.5mm cable so you can plug the headphones into your Vita, laptop, tablet etc and listen to the audio. Can't recommend this series of headphones enough.

#1008 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I own both pair, but I haven't tried to use both of them at the same time though. Each one comes with its USB Dongle. The advantage of the later model is that it comes with a 3.5mm cable so you can plug the headphones into your Vita, laptop, tablet etc and listen to the audio. Can't recommend this series of headphones enough.

You cant run 2 at the same time. When one it active it disables ALL other audio coming out of the ps3 even optical and HDMI which kinda sucks since sometimes me and the wife want to watch a movie without waking up the kid.

#1009 nsxviper

nsxviper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Amazon just price matched it. http://www.amazon.co...rds=ps3 headset

#1010 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Amazon just price matched it. http://www.amazon.co...rds=ps3 headset

The guy that posted that a good 7 hours ago would beg to differ on the "just" statement.
FadeToOne.png

#1011 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I love these things, they sound great and are super comfortable. My two gripes on these is that its not useable for TV viewing and the indicator on the end of the mic is annoying at times (edge of 3D glasses catches the light and I would assume when using chat online).

#1012 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Is it worth considering the PULSE edition for almost double the price? I know it has rumble (something I don't want), but is the sound quality any better?

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#1013 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I just got the Pulse about 2 weeks ago. They are pretty good, but does anybody else notice a click, like the plastic is accommodating itself whenever you move your head?

Anyone?

#1014 PennStateFencer

PennStateFencer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Just ordered a pair through Amazon since I had some left over credit and they matched the price. Between this thread and the reviews at Best Buy and Amazon they sound like a decent product for the money. I was still using the jabra headset that came with Warhawk, so I assume this will be a significant upgrade.

#1015 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Thank you for helping to resolve my earlier issue with Best Buy.
Spoiler

I wanted to let people know that Best Buy did ignore what I sent them about Rage being on sale, but 'gave me' the $10 credit anyway.

I also never received the Welcome Packet for renewing my @gamer subscription, and a mod on the Best Buy Forums told me that they just recently received some new ones that they'd send via e-mail, so if anyone did not get theirs for renewing recently, post in the forum they have to get them. The representative I had communication with said they had a limited supply of the to give out.

I'll post this in the @gamer thread as well.

#1016 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Damn, would love to get a headset but money's too tight right now. How often these go on sale?
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1017 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Is it worth considering the PULSE edition for almost double the price? I know it has rumble (something I don't want), but is the sound quality any better?

Sound quality is better and there are more features and versatility on the Elite version. Either one is good, but Elite is definitely better. You should be able to find the Elites for $100 if you're patient.

#1018 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Anyone?

Not me.

#1019 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Sound quality is better and there are more features and versatility on the Elite version. Either one is good, but Elite is definitely better. You should be able to find the Elites for $100 if you're patient.

with the coupon they are 110 I am hoping they drop to 100 before the coupon expires or go on sale for DOTD so I can use it willing to pay 70 for them even though I love the last version of them.

Kamagii.png

#1020 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Is the laptop a good deal because I see it is discount for $200 bucks. is it tempting? I am not familiar with laptop such as CPU. Actually, I want to buy a new laptop around $400 for budget. Is the cpu graet in this computer? thank you.
Asus - K-Series 15.6" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Indigo
Model: K55N-RHA8N29

t is that one.
http://m.bestbuy.com....=1218857084845
what do you recommend?

Edited by ckc4043, 08 February 2013 - 04:51 AM.