Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1051 Fatso2027

Fatso2027

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

Today's DOTD has a RAZR M for free, but under the unactivated price, it says $99.99. So if I understand that right, I should be able to get one unactivated, aka off contract, for $100, right?

#1052 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Today's DOTD has a RAZR M for free, but under the unactivated price, it says $99.99. So if I understand that right, I should be able to get one unactivated, aka off contract, for $100, right?

It appears that way. If I weren't on AT&T I'd be all over that.

#1053 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm pretty sure it's usually 99 to buy it w/contract. I don't think it will be 99.99 off contract.

#1054 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it's usually 99 to buy it w/contract. I don't think it will be 99.99 off contract.

It's not, go to buy without contract, it adds it to the cart it's $599.

#1055 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

However, I wonder if it stacks with that $50 giftcard Link mentioned at the top of the cellphone pages. So, if you upgrade to this phone you get a free phone and $50 giftcard for nothing?

EDIT: Nevermind... that requires you to activate your phone on the 10th or later. Dang...

#1056 SonOfMan

SonOfMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

February 08, 2013 Bonus Deals of the Day

Duo - Gamer Controller for Apple® iPad®, iPhone® and iPod® touch - Black $14.99
http://pisces.bbysta...canvasWidth=105

#1057 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Does that Duo still only work with a handful of Gameloft titles?

#1058 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

The negativity around Windows 8 baffles me. It's super simple to use, is fast, and rarely has issues like crashing (mine has yet to crash, programs have crashed and stopped loading after closing but not the UI as a whole). Yes it's start screen is "built for a touch screen" so what? It still works well and guess what? Even without a mod you can still have the old desktop running with a simple click (just not the old start menu without a mod). On the new start menu though all you have to do is start typing and BAM brings up a list of stuff, much easier than clicking through the old start menu IMO.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1059 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

UDraw tablet is $5 again.

#1060 MfMonster

MfMonster

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

The negativity around Windows 8 baffles me. It's super simple to use, is fast, and rarely has issues like crashing (mine has yet to crash, programs have crashed and stopped loading after closing but not the UI as a whole). Yes it's start screen is "built for a touch screen" so what? It still works well and guess what? Even without a mod you can still have the old desktop running with a simple click (just not the old start menu without a mod). On the new start menu though all you have to do is start typing and BAM brings up a list of stuff, much easier than clicking through the old start menu IMO.

I miss the great deals of the day from BB late last year. Hoping we get some sweet deals soon.

Off topic: I really like windows 8. It is fast, fluid, and a positive change. Between all the OS's which we have all in our home I prefer it.

The reason for the negativity varies. The negativity I have been told comes from friends that either A) Hate/dislike MS in general. What I find funny is the MS they hate is not the same MS it is today, but there is reasons to dislike the MS of today. Like how the divisions compete instead of work together. B) It is vastly different than any other OS and windows. A lot of people hate change. The five minutes to learn something new on a CPU does not appeal to everyone either. C) Fanboy and trolls or individuals with stock in other company such as apple. D) Or the lack of applications, appearance of W8.

Now this from my friends, family, co-workers that have expressed a dislike for W8.
I am sure many have actually valid reasons because there are issues with W8, just like every single OS. I find it funny how my coworker whom has alot of money tied up in apple stock makes a point to talk bad about Android devices, W8/WP8 to anyone that may listen. The thing is he knows nothing of those OS's because he never used them. I believe this is common in the tech world and it actually makes sense for people that have stock in a company. Not very respectable in my opinion, but understood. People become a fan of company, device, OS and take it upon themselves to defend it and talk bad about the competitor. Troll. I have a distaste for that and I think it is short sighted and expreses their insecurities.
VampirePrincessMiyu...

#1061 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I miss the great deals of the day from BB late last year. Hoping we get some sweet deals soon.

Off topic: I really like windows 8. It is fast, fluid, and a positive change. Between all the OS's which we have all in our home I prefer it.

The reason for the negativity varies. The negativity I have been told comes from friends that either A) Hate/dislike MS in general. What I find funny is the MS they hate is not the same MS it is today, but there is reasons to dislike the MS of today. Like how the divisions compete instead of work together. B) It is vastly different than any other OS and windows. A lot of people hate change. The five minutes to learn something new on a CPU does not appeal to everyone either. C) Fanboy and trolls or individuals with stock in other company such as apple. D) Or the lack of applications, appearance of W8.

Now this from my friends, family, co-workers that have expressed a dislike for W8.
I am sure many have actually valid reasons because there are issues with W8, just like every single OS. I find it funny how my coworker whom has alot of money tied up in apple stock makes a point to talk bad about Android devices, W8/WP8 to anyone that may listen. The thing is he knows nothing of those OS's because he never used them. I believe this is common in the tech world and it actually makes sense for people that have stock in a company. Not very respectable in my opinion, but understood. People become a fan of company, device, OS and take it upon themselves to defend it and talk bad about the competitor. Troll. I have a distaste for that and I think it is short sighted and expreses their insecurities.

You are giving some people way too much credit by attributing their irrational and ignorant dislike or hatred of a product to things like ownership of stock (I know this was only one of several good points you mentioned). Yes, i'm sure that exists, but there are a lot of people who simply don't like something because they decided to latch onto someone else's opinion or a generally popular opinion. It's much easier to do this than to take the time to have an open mind, educate yourself and form your own opinion. There is also a form of bonding that people feel takes place when they agree with others' opinions.

Lastly, even if people do allow themselves some level of education on a subject, they often enter into it with a pre-conceived bias that they will often not give up - regardless of facts.

#1062 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

You are giving some people way too much credit by attributing their irrational and ignorant dislike or hatred of a product to things like ownership of stock (I know this was only one of several good points you mentioned). Yes, i'm sure that exists, but there are a lot of people who simply don't like something because they decided to latch onto someone else's opinion or a generally popular opinion. It's much easier to do this than to take the time to have an open mind, educate yourself and form your own opinion. There is also a form of bonding that people feel takes place when they agree with others' opinions.

Lastly, even if people do allow themselves some level of education on a subject, they often enter into it with a pre-conceived bias that they will often not give up - regardless of facts.

My biggest gripe, now that I've grown used to W8, is Calculator. Sure, it may seem stupid, but why doesn't ESC = Clear anymore? Unless there's a hotkey I'm missing, the only way to clear the calculator is to actually click on the button, and that's not kosher when you are using your dominant hand to 10-key. You have to take your hand off of the keypad to use the mouse, instead of using your free left hand to just tap ESC.

Like I said, it's stupid, but enough to annoy me.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1063 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

ESC clears the calculator on my Win 8...so does the DEL key.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1064 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

ESC clears the calculator on my Win 8...so does the DEL key.

Weird, maybe it just doesn't like my keyboard then... Delete does nothing either. :/

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1065 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Weird, maybe it just doesn't like my keyboard then... Delete does nothing either. :/

Works fine on mine too...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1066 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I got a question about their rewards zone service. I just noticed I am a silver member now.... but I don't I've spent anywhere near $2500. How did that happen?

#1067 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I got a question about their rewards zone service. I just noticed I am a silver member now.... but I don't I've spent anywhere near $2500. How did that happen?

Did you trade alot? Trade-ins count towards Silver accumulation.

#1068 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Did you trade alot? Trade-ins count towards Silver accumulation.

Probably 15 games in the past year, but I doubt I got more than 150.

#1069 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

My brother got Silver for doing his phone service through there.

#1070 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think anyone who has done the facebook polls were upgraded to Silver, Or it could be because BB is performing maintenance on everyone's accounts until Feb 23.

#1071 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I think anyone who has done the facebook polls were upgraded to Silver, Or it could be because BB is performing maintenance on everyone's accounts until Feb 23.

Pretty sure this is true. I created an account for someone last week so they could do the Facebook polls, and they're Silver already.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1072 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Oh well I did do the Facebook thing. So what do I benefit for being a silver memeber?

#1073 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Oh well I did do the Facebook thing. So what do I benefit for being a silver memeber?

60 day price match is the biggest thing, early access to some sales, including black friday sales. free shipping too i believe, 25% more points, everything else youd probably never use unless you use geek squad. ive noticed they put me in silver status as well, i guess it could be the facebook thing, but i dont expect it to stay that way.

#1074 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Oh, I see I am silver too :)
If this is not a glitch then I need to change my sig.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1075 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

i highly doubt the silver status will stay. not exactly fair for people who don't shop at best buy often but do the poll to get free money to be at the same level as people who spend $2,500. We will see after the 23rd I guess.

#1076 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Maybe it's a glitch bu I'm thinking of taking advantage of that free tv calibration thing with the geek squad. Has anybody ever done this?

#1077 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Maybe it's a glitch bu I'm thinking of taking advantage of that free tv calibration thing with the geek squad. Has anybody ever done this?

what's the tv calibration service?

#1078 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Where is this poll? And can it still be done?

#1079 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Just search for "Best Buy Reward Zone" on the facebook search bar.

512847.png

#1080 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Anyone have a heads up of whats coming next week?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay