Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1111 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I wasn't a fan of MP3. It wasn't a bad game if I were to judge it as a critic, but I had very little fun playing it. Some very annoying gameplay mechanics in it too.

Like what?

I can see being annoyed at the lengthy cut scenes if you have add but I don't remember any annoying gameplay mechanics.

#1112 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Like the thing in the game where it is almost like Second Wind from Borderlands 2, where if you have painkillers and "die" you start to fall down in slow motion and have a chance to kill a target and get revived. I can't tell you how many times this happened, but my aimer was stuck in some weird position, and you can't really move when you are in this position, so I basically had no choice but to let myself die.

This happened to me 20+ times in the game easily.

#1113 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Like the thing in the game where it is almost like Second Wind from Borderlands 2, where if you have painkillers and "die" you start to fall down in slow motion and have a chance to kill a target and get revived. I can't tell you how many times this happened, but my aimer was stuck in some weird position, and you can't really move when you are in this position, so I basically had no choice but to let myself die.

Yeah... That's because you are too far gone to rescue yourself with that move.

I interpreted that as part of the game. Not a glitch or oversight.

#1114 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Not in those instances. There are plenty of times where I saved myself, but the control in that situation is very limited. You can't really move your character. So if your aimer is stuck in a weird spot and is say aimed at the ground, then you are screwed. You can't move yourself to readjust it and kill a target for you to be brought back.

#1115 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Not in those instances. There are plenty of times where I saved myself, but the control in that situation is very limited. You can't really move your character. So if your aimer is stuck in a weird spot and is say aimed at the ground, then you are screwed. You can't move yourself to readjust it and kill a target for you to be brought back.

Right. In those instances, you're too far "dead" to save yourself. I know exactly what you're talking about.

#1116 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I think I'm explaining myself poorly, because if my aimer was pointed at an enemy, I would have been able to save myself. It's just that my aimer was stuck in a weird position and I have nothing to shoot at.

It's been a while since I played the game, so I'm a little foggy on the specifics. But I know that sometimes I would be stuck inches away from the enemy and I keep firing at them and am just a little off. If I would have been able to shoot them though, I would have been brought back. Others, it would be way off and I am not even close to an enemy. I think it depends on the position you are in when you take that last blow.

#1117 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I thought the game was amazing. I would have got the season pass dlc but i got first dlc free with preorder and they gave 3rd dlc free so i thought nope.

My wife watched me play the whole way through and it was awesome. The difficulty was hotness also. I never played NYM but my first playthrough was on hard, and Hardcore/Oldschool were super tough also. My girl always asks why i do the hardest difficulty first, especially during those parts when you just die over n over. Whoever played this probly agrees the hardest part was when you are on that boat and going into panama canal and you have to run around the outside of boat and then through middle and up stairs. that took me like 20 times on hardcore, lol, i couldn't imagine on nym hardcore. I'm in top 5% for Hardcore, but NYM Hardcore is 1%.

I thought the best part was the airport lobby shootout at the end. wow that was amazing. \ such a great song too!
I also loved the cutscenes and the way they went straight into gameplay. the best example was when you are in the office building and you are getting attacked and it goes from cutscene, he kicks through the door, and instant gameplay. damn beautiful.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1118 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think I'm explaining myself poorly, because if my aimer was pointed at an enemy, I would have been able to save myself. It's just that my aimer was stuck in a weird position and I have nothing to shoot at.

It's been a while since I played the game, so I'm a little foggy on the specifics. But I know that sometimes I would be stuck inches away from the enemy and I keep firing at them and am just a little off. If I would have been able to shoot them though, I would have been brought back. Others, it would be way off and I am not even close to an enemy. I think it depends on the position you are in when you take that last blow.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

#1119 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I do too. But I didn't interpret it as a glitch or poor mechanics. I interpreted as me sucking.

#1120 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sorry man but I did the cheapie windows 8 upgrade from my windows 7 machine and windows 8 fucking SUCKED. The thing crashed ALL the time and NONE of my web browsers worked right. Maybe a clean install would have been better but the only reason I got it was because it was cheap to upgrade. I called MS and demanded a refund. They did a "return" of my electronic purchase. I won't be using windows 8 again. It was worse than windows ME.

On topic, good price for max Payne 3. I would buy it if I didn't have a backlog but I'll wait for $10 since I have other games to play. It should be dirt cheap this holiday with the new consoles coming out. In fact, everything should be.

A fresh install is always the better way to go man unless you want to preserve your old files etc. I initially choose the upgrade option, and it was Ok at first. I then created the recovery drive, and did a fresh install. Simply flawless. The only issue I ran into was that my Bluetooth Driver doesn't work in W8. I looked into the issue and I was supposed to uninstall the driver while I had W7 on there...Not a big deal since I don't have any Bluetooth enabled devices that I want to sync to my laptop. I tried W8 on another HP Ultrabook that I was going to give to my mother and sister as a birthday present. It performed decently, but it was somewhat slow because it didn't have an SSD in it so I returned it the next day. MS finally gave me the refund for that copy a few days ago or so.

#1121 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Will Max Payne 3 get GoTY or Complete Edition soon? :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#1122 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

I couldn't get into MP3 either. My biggest issue was that it played way too much like a Rockstar game. To me it felt like a Max Payne GTAIV mod. Running around while shooting was never a strong point of GTA games yet that's this whole game. Everything just felt "off" to me.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1123 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Well, this is my third time buying MP3 lol...first time on Xbox and never got past first level, second for super cheap when I switched to PS3, but a 100% TIV for it got the better of me, and now this last time for $12.99 used (my store just so happened to sell their last new copy before I got there pssht..) after RZ cert.

Definitely going to beat it through this time. I don't even think I'm that far in ("football" stadium I believe).

Anyways, from what I've played, I'm loving the game. Very reminiscent of Man on Fire, which just so happens to be in my top 5 movies, so yea, maybe I'm biased haha.
Posted Image

#1124 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

http://shop.lenovo.c...00&category_id=

IS this laptop good for gaming? thank you..I am comparing this with the dotd laptop.

Edited by ckc4043, 13 February 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#1125 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I bought the SE for some stupid reason from gamestop from $20 and still didn't open it, yet I came into this thread to check out the deal on MP3. Ugh.

That's a better deal than this, since it has the SE extras.

#1126 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

http://shop.lenovo.c...00&category_id=

IS this laptop good for gaming? thank you..I am comparing this with the dotd laptop.

It has HD 4,000 graphics which are ok. You really want a laptop with a dedicated GPU. The only problem with them is that they tend to get pricey.

#1127 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

It has HD 4,000 graphics which are ok. You really want a laptop with a dedicated GPU. The only problem with them is that they tend to get pricey.

Thank you, man.These two laptops are within my budget around $550. Which one should I go for it? Dotd one or the lenovo G580? If you were me, which one will you choose?

#1128 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Thank you, man.These two laptops are within my budget around $550. Which one should I go for it? Dotd one or the lenovo G580? If you were me, which one will you choose?

you might want to check your local bestbuy store clearance from the official bestbuy website, if you know how to navigate through their website. i have seen some laptop with similar specs , or better for around $400-500. the only issue with intel hd graphics is don't count on it to run graphics intense pc games smoothly. but light work like surfing the web, typing, and watching videos should be fine

#1129 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

you might want to check your local bestbuy store clearance from the official bestbuy website, if you know how to navigate through their website. i have seen some laptop with similar specs , or better for around $400-500. the only issue with intel hd graphics is don't count on it to run graphics intense pc games smoothly. but light work like surfing the web, typing, and watching videos should be fine

Thank you, man. Maybe I decide to pass both of them....but I am on the fence..

#1130 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Thank you, man. Maybe I decide to pass both of them....but I am on the fence..

if you can wait, i would wait, because laptop price will only go down. also when it comes to electronics like laptop, tv. I would advise buying it from a b&m store like bestbuy instead of lenovo.com, in case anything were to happen with the laptop. It will make returns much easier, especially with bestbuys 30 day exchange/ return policy

#1131 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

I thought the game was amazing. I would have got the season pass dlc but i got first dlc free with preorder and they gave 3rd dlc free so i thought nope.

My wife watched me play the whole way through and it was awesome. The difficulty was hotness also. I never played NYM but my first playthrough was on hard, and Hardcore/Oldschool were super tough also. My girl always asks why i do the hardest difficulty first, especially during those parts when you just die over n over. Whoever played this probly agrees the hardest part was when you are on that boat and going into panama canal and you have to run around the outside of boat and then through middle and up stairs. that took me like 20 times on hardcore, lol, i couldn't imagine on nym hardcore. I'm in top 5% for Hardcore, but NYM Hardcore is 1%.

Yeah I died at the part where you run alongside the deck of the boat when the enemies roll up in their jeeps. I lost count how many times I died there. It can get so frustrating if you're not a patient gamer but when you finally get past that part of the stage it feels like it was worth the constant playthroughs 8-)

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1132 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

if you can wait, i would wait, because laptop price will only go down. also when it comes to electronics like laptop, tv. I would advise buying it from a b&m store like bestbuy instead of lenovo.com, in case anything were to happen with the laptop. It will make returns much easier, especially with bestbuys 30 day exchange/ return policy

I see. Thank you for your remind. But some lenovo laptops in lenovo.com are in good prices sometimes..

#1133 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I see. Thank you for your remind. But some lenovo laptops in lenovo.com are in good prices sometimes..

honestly, lenovo products are not exactly known for their quality, so you are not missing much, if you are not in a rush for a laptop

#1134 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

honestly, lenovo products are not exactly known for their quality, so you are not missing much, if you are not in a rush for a laptop

I see. Which brand of laptop is the best? Sony and Dell seems expensive to my budget..Any ideas? Thank.

#1135 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Would be nice if you could PM at Target and get GTA IV with it.

:/ I hate Gamestop but the Max Payne 3 CE for $20 was an insane bargain. BB's deal just doesn't satisfy.

It was on sale for 19.99 last week at target (360 only) and I found one of those bundles. It was the only one left.

I have 2 of those GS CE's unopened one for each system.

Yes, i HAVE A PROBLEM! I also received a 360 vers in trade on vgfive so I guess I'm playing it soon.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1136 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Lenovo laptops are good.
Really, every manufacturer has their good ones and their stinkers. Lenovo tends to be better overall than most others out there. I think the only one who's almost completely safe is Asus and that's in large part due to them not doing many laptops. Go by reviews more than anything else when laptop picking. HP for example gets a lot of flak but a sizable chunk of their recent ones have been great... on the AMD side. Intel varies more due to there being that many more machines. It's easy to see people complain as a result, but it's really just a case of some products are better built than others and it's on a case by case basis, not a company one.

#1137 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I see. Which brand of laptop is the best? Sony and Dell seems expensive to my budget..Any ideas? Thank.

I've got a Samsung QX410 series laptop I found at best buy a year ago on close out and love the thing. It even has a dedicated Nvidia GPU.

#1138 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Now that you are all chiming in on laptops, & I also really appreciate your opinions/thoughts on this kind of stuff, I was looking at this one. Thoughts?

http://www.bestbuy.c...17.3&cp=1&lp=21

#1139 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Now that you are all chiming in on laptops, & I also really appreciate your opinions/thoughts on this kind of stuff, I was looking at this one. Thoughts?

http://www.bestbuy.c...17.3&cp=1&lp=21

I actually bought the 5000 RPM 500GB HDD verison (g7-2251dx, its the same exact computer pretty much) which I switched out for a 7200 RPM 750GB drive and switched out the 4GB RAM for 8GB stick (only saw 1 memory slot)

Its pretty nice (its btwn an i3 + an i5 cpu wise) and the graphics are pretty good on medium settings; it will ran Batman Arkham City (little lag) but less intensive games it should be handle fine.

Win8 sucks but not huge deal to me with start menu mod, backups are pretty easy (u use HP software) if u want to reformat/switch harddrives (just need 32GB usb or discs to burn ISO; OS is 22GB big, I went USB route).

For the price and specs, its unmatched bc u aren't going to find a 17' 1600x900 res laptop less then $500+ imo

#1140 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I passed on the MP3 DOTD, but ended up grabbing it used, along with RE6 and Lego Star Wars complete. With B2G1 and RZ cert, it worked out to about $10/ea, which is good enough for me.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!