Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1381 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

i know i am going to get flame for saying this, but i had more fun with saints row the third than this. (with all the immaturity in that game). Even though both are "open world sand box games"

Flamed by who? The general consensus is that Saint's Row: The Third is a much more enjoyable experience than Grand Theft Auto IV. I share that opinion as well.

That being said, GTAIV is still enjoyable to me, and since the game doesn't run so consistently on my PC, I am going to bite and buy this for myself again, for old times sake.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#1382 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

70 weeks ago. Nice memory.

Thanks, I just remember that's when I got GTA for the 3rd time (launch CE, Walmart BF sale in 2010, then the BB DotD in Dec. 2011) and it ended up getting traded in each time w/o playing it since I traded my launch CE game in keeping the goodies.

I guess this may be time No. 4 as I need to beat this at some point, but I'll beat SR 3 first.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1383 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

I played SR3 and GTA4 back to back, loved them both for what they were. very rewarding as you reach the ends.

#1384 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

I played SR3 and GTA4 back to back, loved them both for what they were. very rewarding as you reach the ends.

Yeah, there is something about both of them that has me coming back the replay both of them time and time again. Saint's Row The Third has the pure fun factor, while GTA: IV has the atmosphere.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#1385 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ordered a copy for 360, haven't played any of the DLC yet
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#1386 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

So, if I have both the original game and the Episodes from Liberty City disc is there any reason to purchase the "Complete Edition"?

#1387 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

So, if I have both the original game and the Episodes from Liberty City disc is there any reason to purchase the "Complete Edition"?

Nope. They're the exact same discs in a double case.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#1388 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Awesome, thank you for the info!

#1389 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

ehh Target has had it at this price for some time now (atleast 3 weeks)

Not quite. Target has had the regular edition of GTA 4 and Episodes from Liberty City for $15 each.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1390 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Well on PS3 everything is on one disc.

#1391 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Lol to think i bought this for $7 on Steam the other day
Posted Image

#1392 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

This is one I have on my list... the collector in me just wants to upgrade my vanilla copy...

I'll wait, though...

#1393 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Heh, just PM'ed at Target with the $10 GC deal bonus. $14.99 + $1 GTAV preorder card = game plus $10 gift card.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1394 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Flamed by who? The general consensus is that Saint's Row: The Third is a much more enjoyable experience than Grand Theft Auto IV. I share that opinion as well.

That being said, GTAIV is still enjoyable to me, and since the game doesn't run so consistently on my PC, I am going to bite and buy this for myself again, for old times sake.

I have not played yet Saint's Row: The Third or Sleeping Dogs. All I can say is GATIV is a good game but IMHO, GTA San Andreas was a much better game and sandbox experience., the side activities in Liberty City are boring as hell.
Posted Image

#1395 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Thanks! Picked this up while using the $10 cert that expired today and used a 5 gc for .39 out of pocket!

Not a bad deal!

xivpads.png

#1396 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Played GTA4 years ago, got bored with it and traded it in, but I've always kind of wanted to go back and give it another try. Not a bad deal for the complete edition.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1397 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Price matched @ target this morning. paid for GTA V reservations, got $10 GC for each X amount of GTA Complete Editions :D.

CAG transaction successful.

#1398 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Is this GTA complete edition a "greatest hits" box or still black box?

#1399 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

I have not played yet Saint's Row: The Third or Sleeping Dogs. All I can say is GATIV is a good game but IMHO, GTA San Andreas was a much better game and sandbox experience., the side activities in Liberty City are boring as hell.

I thought the same thing. It took me over a year to finish GTA4, but once I got far enough into the story I got into it more. I hated the side missions and "relationship" crap, people would call you every 5 min it seemed like and sometimes in the middle of a mission.

But for $10 after a reward cert I had to use up, I'll try out the DLC content.
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#1400 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

this is a great deal for $15. i can see how people had more fun with SR3, which i think is more comparable to GTA: San Andreas. i was a bit let down with how realistic GTA IV was, but it made sense, being the sequel to GTA III. i missed the weapon leveling and jet pack, but still think GTA IV is a beautiful game. and the soundtracks for Lost and the Damned and TBoGT are fantastic.

#1401 Zero23

Zero23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

My local Best Buy only had Greatest Hits red boxes. Looked for a black box but there wasn't one. There's no real difference besides the ugly red case, right?

#1402 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I thought the same thing. It took me over a year to finish GTA4, but once I got far enough into the story I got into it more. I hated the side missions and "relationship" crap, people would call you every 5 min it seemed like and sometimes in the middle of a mission.

But for $10 after a reward cert I had to use up, I'll try out the DLC content.

I have heard that the DLC is great.
Posted Image

#1403 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Was gonna pick up BF3 used with my Easter cert, but might get this now. Nothing like a good "**** around" session of GTA. Not to mention I love the SOA feel of TLaD, and I've never played TBOGT
Posted Image

#1404 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I might trade in my regular copy and pick this up.

#1405 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Price matched @ target this morning. paid for GTA V reservations, got $10 GC for each X amount of GTA Complete Editions :D.

CAG transaction successful.

Same here, PM'd @ Target for the bonus GC deal, chained the deal to effectively bring the individual cost of each copy to a bit over $6 each.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1406 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

If you don't want to do all the stupid friend activites, when they call you, accept their invitation. Then call them back and cancel it. That way you won't get negative relationship points. You'll eventually have to do something with them though, because you can only do that so many times in a row before you'll get negative points regardless.
tl

#1407 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

i thought sleeping dogs did it well. you call the chic, you go on a date, you have some fun, get laid, and then she unlocks some collectible finder on your maps. everyone wins and i don't feel like a jerk for ignoring fake video game relationships. plus Chen is awesome.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1408 Shadowsteal123

Shadowsteal123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I can confirm NBA 2K13 Is the deal of the day for both PS3 and Xbox360 for $34.99 on 4/3

#1409 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

I've actually never seen anything but a red box Greatest Hits edition.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#1410 Jnova80

Jnova80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Played GTA4 years ago, got bored with it and traded it in, but I've always kind of wanted to go back and give it another try. Not a bad deal for the complete edition.

I felt the same way. Looking forward to trying this out.