Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1591 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm really torn on this. On the one hand, I don't care about the multiplayer and bet I would hardly play it, so I see no reason to hold out for the GOTY edition. On the other hand, I've had no luck finding the regular version under $20 anywhere (Newegg took my order the one time they had it on sale, then cancelled it, but left me with the crap games I quickly returned). If I am gonna end up paying $20, I'd rather just get the GOTY version for the little bit of multiplayer I will end up playing.

I also have a $10 RZC I need to use before it expires towards the end of May.

What do you guys think the odds are of either version getting cheaper? I am thinking of passing on this for now, but I don't want to pass on the GOTY version if I can't save AT LEAST a few bucks on the regular version.

I think there's a good chance of it going on sale on PSN on 4/30 as part of the PS All Stars Battle Royale Brawl Brothers Smash sale. Said they're discounting games of the characters.

#1592 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think there's a good chance of it going on sale on PSN on 4/30 as part of the PS All Stars Battle Royale Brawl Brothers Smash sale. Said they're discounting games of the characters.

AGH, damn it to hell, my PS+ expires 4/29 (no joke). Other than the occasional sale I never used it anyways, so I saw no point in renewing my sub, especially with PS4 just around the corner and the system apparently not supporting any PS3 games, digital or physical.

Oh well, TBH I'd rather have it on disc anyways, so I probably wouldn't buy it digital unless it was like $10 or less. I don't have enough memory on my PS3 for all the digital content I have now (damn DCU Online), and for several various reasons I want to avoid investing in an external HDD for my PS3 if I can help it.

Is the co-op portion of the game online only, or does it support local multiplayer? I'm assuming online only, but if it is local too I will jump on this. Otherwise, unless somebody can convince me otherwise, I think I will pass on this. It would just go into the backlog anyways, and I haven't even gotten around to Uncharted 2 yet :cry:.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1593 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Think I'll pass. I assume they'll eventually release an Uncharted Trilogy in NA. When they do, I'll pick that up.

That's what I was thinking too.

#1594 bandgeek44

bandgeek44

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

If you own a PS3 and have never played any of the Uncharted games you're missing out on the best all around experience the PS3 has to offer. So for $20 you should get it, with the Uncharted 1/2 dual pack. For about $50 you can own the best trilogy on the PS3. And while the online might not seem interesting, its addicting, and its far Superior than any other multilayer game on the market with its unique game-play.

#1595 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

In terms of Co op maps, how many are there in the GoTY? Just the one called "The Fort" or there are some more. I just want the co op maps for split screen.

EDIT: Also, the co op survival is pretty challenging at least for me and the wife, don't know if anybody else felt the same way. Not as challenging as the Guerrilla mode in GR: FS though.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1596 bandgeek44

bandgeek44

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

In terms of Co op maps, how many are there in the GoTY? Just the one called "The Fort" or there are some more. I just want the co op maps for split screen.

EDIT: Also, the co op survival is pretty challenging at least for me and the wife, don't know if anybody else felt the same way. Not as challenging as the Guerrilla mode in GR: FS though.

Personally, I didn't find the co-op that hard if you just play it on easy and slowly work your way up with difficulty. And the only new co-op map is the Fort DLC, but there is a new co-op mode called Djinn or something they brought out a while back. Overall, for the GOTY edition for $20 instead of $40 that's is one heck of a good value in my book, I paid $60 and an addiontal $25 for the season pass and I did not regret it. They increased the online level cap a while back so I should get back into it. The story alone is worth $20.

Add me if you want: PSN: bandgeek44

#1597 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

^Thanks, I already have the CE, if there is only one more Fort DLC then I will probably pass.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1598 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

if you arent interested in the mp then this version is useless as there isnt single player dlc if im not mistaken. just wait for the trilogy (im shocked it hasnt been anounced yet, mabye e3) or get a cheap vanilla copy and call it a day
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1599 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

^Yeah, I know it's mostly MP maps. Well, except for The Fort which can be played in splitscreen, which is what I am interested in. Definitely not buying the game again for one co op level though.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1600 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

If you own a PS3 and have never played any of the Uncharted games you're missing out on the best all around experience the PS3 has to offer. So for $20 you should get it, with the Uncharted 1/2 dual pack. For about $50 you can own the best trilogy on the PS3. And while the online might not seem interesting, its addicting, and its far Superior than any other multilayer game on the market with its unique game-play.

I played Uncharted 3's multiplayer during the beta. Hated it. There are far better multiplayer experiences on the PS3 such as Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed, DCU Online, and tons of FPS'ers.
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#1601 daywalker2k2

daywalker2k2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up, got the game. Had a 10 dollar reward certificate to use, so I used it for this thanks!!

#1602 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll finally get around to buying it.

#1603 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow that was quick. BB shipped my order already.:bouncy:

#1604 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Any idea if you can borrow a GOTY disc, download the DLC, then use your vanilla version with the DLC?

#1605 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Got the game at Best Buy today, but my online pass doesn't work.....What the frack!?!

#1606 fitzcain

fitzcain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

i tried to research this myself, DLC or on disk? i think it may be like borderlands GOTY as in, it originally came with dlc, but enuf people b!tched about it, and they put on disc. Also, the early ones that stores might still have, i am guessing are like that god of war sagas, where parts that were DLC expired, poor business practice, i think. I was irked when recently got a ratchet/clank, all for one, with booty code, only to find it was expired.? how was that not available, its DLC? way of the future, leave it to the gamer to try to assemble all the pieces..........
"How about a slice of your righteous combat pie?" (The Tick upon first meeting Arthur)

#1607 bandgeek44

bandgeek44

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

I played Uncharted 3's multiplayer during the beta. Hated it. There are far better multiplayer experiences on the PS3 such as Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed, DCU Online, and tons of FPS'ers.

Uhhh I said it has "unique" multilayer, All the First person shooters are the same, every CoD is a rehash with new skins, and only BF3 is an excellent shooter. And you're comparing MK to a shooter multilayer game aspect? And DCUO? Your argument is invalid, and I understand why you hated it, you probably prefer FPS's compared to a rich multilayer with strategy and that requires skill :P

#1608 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

I played Uncharted 3's multiplayer during the beta. Hated it. There are far better multiplayer experiences on the PS3 such as Mortal Kombat

I stopped reading there, got damn that was a great laugh

#1609 BADDCOMPLEX

BADDCOMPLEX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

I bought Uncharted 3 from the Best Buy web site to be picked up in the store. I picked it up today and the code didn't work, because someone already used it.

I called Sony and they said take it back to Best Buy and get another one because the code was used last year!

LAST YEAR!?!?!

I Googled this topic and found pages and pages of people with the same problem. I'm surprised that Sony hasn't done something about this.

How can people get these codes and use them? Sony seems to know about the problem but could care less to do anything about it.

Now I have to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and hopefully get another copy that works.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1610 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Got the game at Best Buy today, but my online pass doesn't work.....What the frack!?!

Mine doesnt either was having a similar issue

#1611 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I stopped reading there, got damn that was a great laugh

Lol, comparing Apples to Oranges, haha.

xivpads.png

#1612 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Lol, comparing Apples to Oranges, haha.

Maybe so, but he said it was the best. Period. All I did was give several examples of multiplayer experiences that I thought were better. Not just in terms of gameplay, but setup, excecution, and/or netcode.

Anybody here have any thoughts/comments on the Wild Pacific documentary for today's DOTD? I got BBC's Planet Earth and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is this of similiar quality?

#1613 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Any idea if you can borrow a GOTY disc, download the DLC, then use your vanilla version with the DLC?

It's on the disc.

#1614 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I bought Uncharted 3 from the Best Buy web site to be picked up in the store. I picked it up today and the code didn't work, because someone already used it.

I called Sony and they said take it back to Best Buy and get another one because the code was used last year!

LAST YEAR!?!?!

I Googled this topic and found pages and pages of people with the same problem. I'm surprised that Sony hasn't done something about this.

How can people get these codes and use them? Sony seems to know about the problem but could care less to do anything about it.

Now I have to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and hopefully get another copy that works.

Used copies from GS get a fresh online pass on the receipt so that's an option as well.

#1615 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Used copies from GS get a fresh online pass on the receipt so that's an option as well.

Question is does GS make sure that it is active or do they just pull it from a database.

Basically would a random number generator also take GS online passes.

#1616 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

4/23/2013 - Posted Image2000 Microsoft Points & 400 Free Points $24.99

#1617 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

^That's...uh...not much of a deal, is it? I mean, without the 400 free points, you're paying MSRP for 2000 MSP. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1618 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

^That's...uh...not much of a deal, is it? I mean, without the 400 free points, you're paying MSRP for 2000 MSP. :???:

hasn't this been going on all week? I ordered a 1600+400 card last night, which seems like the better deal obviously;)
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."
I mean, why should they...

#1619 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

I just went today and got the 1600 + 400 deal. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to email you your bonus 400 points?

#1620 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Mine took about 2 hours on Sunday. Ordered at 7:13pm and received my 400pt codes at 9:09pm.

I just went today and got the 1600 + 400 deal. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to email you your bonus 400 points?