Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1651 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and they gave me the same crap. My account has been flagged for fraud. My Premium Silver account, mind you. The woman said it could take up to a week to be processed through the fraud department and get cleared.

Just wow.

I highly doubt it will take a week. I'm guessing more. I'm silver as well, so I'm blown. I'm on hold again, since I need to know wtf is going on and was cut off last time

#1652 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Instead of waiting for it to be shipped just opt in for In Store Pick Up .... problem solved.

#1653 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Wow, gonna avoid this deal like the plague after this thread! Never had a problem doing store pickup with these deals though.

#1654 Drunkbuckeye

Drunkbuckeye

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

I had no problem with the 1600 point for $20 and 400 bonus points. they emailed me the codes for 400 like within an hour tops. 7 hours later i got shipping confirmation...

#1655 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Haven't gotten my bonus points yet and I bought the gears season pass code that was in the ad, I made a post about it on the BB forums and if I hear back from them before I get my points I'll post what they said about the promo.

Quoting myself just because I remembered I said I would, after posting about not getting the extra 400 points on the forums I got an email from one of the reps on there within 24 hours, apparently the employee at the store never activated the 400 point code so I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise, while it sucks I had to contact them I can say I am happy with how fast they fixed the problem!

659629.png?68329996

#1656 htz

htz

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

4/26/2013 - Gunnar Gaming Eyewear — MLG Phantom Snow/Onyx Frame $39.99, Posted Image3+1 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership & 400 Free Points $24.99

The gunnar that is on sale will not work with the @gamer coupon, it is not an eligible sku.

#1657 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Meh, not really interested. Thanks for the update though. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1658 Firefox59

Firefox59

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Not to be an ass, but 4 months of gold and 400 points for $25 isn't a deal at all, it's full retail price.

#1659 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

ZoE HD collections are also on sale today for 17.99 at bby. Maybe it's been like that all week though and the tracker just noticed.

Edit: I see that it's just part of a 2 day sale

Edited by handsomepete, 26 April 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#1660 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

4/26/2013 - Gunnar Gaming Eyewear — MLG Phantom Snow/Onyx Frame $39.99, Posted Image3+1 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership & 400 Free Points $24.99

The gunnar that is on sale will not work with the @gamer coupon, it is not an eligible sku.

Thanks. Was really hoping it would work with the coupon code. Oh well

#1661 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Would anyone recommend a pair of Gunnar Optiks? I started work full time at 2K a month ago (was just working part time prior) and sitting in front of computer/TV screens all day has started to give me headaches and I feel as though as it might be due to eyestrain.

However, I don't want to waste my precious BB Cert on something that's just a placebo.

#1662 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Would anyone recommend a pair of Gunnar Optiks? I started work full time at 2K a month ago (was just working part time prior) and sitting in front of computer/TV screens all day has started to give me headaches and I feel as though as it might be due to eyestrain.

However, I don't want to waste my precious BB Cert on something that's just a placebo.

I heard they work well for eye strain. As for making it easier to focus and game better that's the load of BS. I too want them because I sit in front of a computer all day and program. I heard the $7 pair of Clear Optiks on amazon are decent as well. But the frames are odd because they're aviators.

#1663 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'll keep this brief. A few years ago I started a new job, ten hours a day on a PC then came home and gamed. I used to come home with migraines every single day so I asked my optometrist about these, if they're a placebo or not. He asked me what the lighting in my environment is like (windows for sunlight, fluorescent light above, and LCD monitor light), he did research and said the info is sound, so try them out.

Ordered a pair and after a couple days of getting used to them I never got a migraine again after work, not once. I was so thrilled with the results I ordered a pair of crystalline lenses to use when I'm working in my studio on photo editing.

#1664 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'll keep this brief. A few years ago I started a new job, ten hours a day on a PC then came home and gamed. I used to come home with migraines every single day so I asked my optometrist about these, if they're a placebo or not. He asked me what the lighting in my environment is like (windows for sunlight, fluorescent light above, and LCD monitor light), he did research and said the info is sound, so try them out.

Ordered a pair and after a couple days of getting used to them I never got a migraine again after work, not once. I was so thrilled with the results I ordered a pair of crystalline lenses to use when I'm working in my studio on photo editing.

Then I'm sold.

I'll probably have to work up the balls to wear them at work but wearing them while working at home at first will definitely be a start.

Thanks!

EDIT: $5.44 at checkout thanks to those fantastic Facebook RZ points and the Gears Judgment $20 cert.

#1665 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Then I'm sold.

I'll probably have to work up the balls to wear them at work but wearing them while working at home at first will definitely be a start.

Thanks!

EDIT: $5.44 at checkout thanks to those fantastic Facebook RZ points and the Gears Judgment $20 cert.

I understand the public image idea. I earned the nickname 'Bono' around the office. I did order more 'stylisuh' pairs though instead of the gaming ones best buy carries. Those type didn't exist back when I ordered them.

#1666 parkinskin

parkinskin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have owned a pair of Gunnars (this model actually), and I will be picking up another pair today.

Pro
They really do reduce eye strain significantly. They also bend flat images into a curved one that causes 100% of your field of view to be in focus. Picture your monitor as a horizontal line and you the viewer as a point. If you draw lines from the point to anywhere on the horizontal line, the lines will be different lengths so you can't focus on everything at once. What the glasses do is curve your monitor concavely so that the entire image is equidistant from you the viewer so that the entire image will be in focus at every point. It's a strange effect at first, but you will get used to it.

Con
The micro-environment mumbo jumbo that "reduces eye dryness" is BS. They also scratch and smudge very easily. You will need a case for them. The earpieces can be painful and fatiguing when used with headphones. After one year of use, the plastic nose pieces have shrunk (possibly due to temperature or humidity changes), and i had to put them back in manually and crimp the metal edges tighter around them.

I still use mine everyday. Looking at a computer now without them actually makes me feel dizzy and sick. So physical addiction could occur <---not a joke.

#1667 Kash76

Kash76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

I started using Gunnars at work over a year ago and no longer get headaches. I recommend them!

#1668 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Has anyone figured out which pair of Gunnars the @gamer coupon does work on?

#1669 htz

htz

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone figured out which pair of Gunnars the @gamer coupon does work on?

Only these 2.

#1670 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Only these 2.

Thanks!

#1671 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Are the deals for this coming Sunday been revealed yet for Best Buy? I want to know if they will have 100% trade in bonus.

#1672 gqvisionz

gqvisionz

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

I heard they work well for eye strain. As for making it easier to focus and game better that's the load of BS. I too want them because I sit in front of a computer all day and program. I heard the $7 pair of Clear Optiks on amazon are decent as well. But the frames are odd because they're aviators.

i have the $7 pair, and just a warning, it doesn't work well on certain panels. My 27" imac at work, and my korean 27" ips (same panels) have a super strong yellow tint with those. My macbook on the other hand, looks fine. I'm thinking they polarized the lenses funky.

#1673 Biskmatar100

Biskmatar100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Would anyone recommend these particular set of Gunnars for someone who doesn't have 20/20 vision? On my current set up, I'm gaming on a 40" TV sitting around 4-5' away, w/o glasses, the screen is a tad blurry.

#1674 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Anyone got a link for the $7 pair on amazon? If they work I rather be cheap since it's said to work on a macbook.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1675 htz

htz

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Would anyone recommend these particular set of Gunnars for someone who doesn't have 20/20 vision? On my current set up, I'm gaming on a 40" TV sitting around 4-5' away, w/o glasses, the screen is a tad blurry.

The gunnars might help since it does give a slight magnification when you wear them. I bought my original pair 1.5 years ago from a Best Buy DOTD. They do look stupid but it's worth it to keep my eyes happy. 8-)

Give it a try, Best Buy offers a 15 day return policy.

#1676 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

BUMP:

:ps3: Rocksmith Guitar and Bass $24.99

:360: Rocksmith Guitar and Bass $24.99

#1677 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

BUMP:

Tempting... But I don't have a guitar... Lol

xivpads.png

#1678 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

BUMP:

Thank you. I know these were on sale for awhile but it seems like most places have had them at or around $59.99 for the past month. This is a good deal for me.

#1679 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Tempting... But I don't have a guitar... Lol

For those of us in the same boat - any recommendations for an inexpensive starter guitar?

#1680 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Already own the 360 version but I think I'll pick up a PS3 version just for the second cable, and I'll have the extra PS3 G/B version as a bonus. Those cables are (understandably) expensive.