Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1681 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

For those of us in the same boat - any recommendations for an inexpensive starter guitar?

Well you're gonna be out $80-$100 probably no matter what. But any local music store will have starter guitars and sometimes used beginner guitars for that price. Given that Rocksmith isn't very precise either, I wouldn't spend more than that until you decide if you like playing and actually want to invest. Quality isn't that big a deal when you're just starting out.

#1682 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

For those of us in the same boat - any recommendations for an inexpensive starter guitar?

If you're just looking for something to use for the game, you can probably go pretty cheap with an off brand starter guitar. If you're looking for something beyond the game that's a decent playable starter guitar, you might want to check out Guitar Center or another music store and find a decent starter guitar in the $120-140 range (like the Squire Bullet Stratocaster or Epiphone Les Paul Special P90).

#1683 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

can I use the controller to play rocksmith?

#1684 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

If you're just looking for something to use for the game, you can probably go pretty cheap with an off brand starter guitar. If you're looking for something beyond the game that's a decent playable starter guitar, you might want to check out Guitar Center or another music store and find a decent starter guitar in the $120-140 range (like the Squire Bullet Stratocaster or Epiphone Les Paul Special P90).

I always suggest checking pawn shops or flea markets for cheap beater guitars. I've found a few cosmetically damaged (cracked/chipped finish, etc), but pretty good sounding guitars in the $20-30 range. I also have a cheapo First Act (Target clearance) that I picked up at Goodwill for $9; it works, but sounds terrible compared to a "real" guitar.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1685 DarKaoZ

DarKaoZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Amazing, I can finally play this game with my guitar.

BTW, I notice I had a 16GB Vita card on my cart. The price was 30 bux, like a previews offer. SO I checked and its down to 30 bux.

16 GB Vita Memory Card - $29.99

It's not available for shipping and none of my stores has it. But I bet you can PM it on Target or somewhere else. I did the PM on Target last time it was at this price.

#1686 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

God I bought the guitar version last year for $50, can't win all battles right :P? I had a guitar already so it made sense. The game is great and gets you back into the whole guitar learning process.

#1687 jimbobolowskie

jimbobolowskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Nice! i been itching to pick this up. for 25$ can't beat that!

I'm just wondering how advanced this gets i'm an avid guitar player been playing for around 10 yrs now.

does this teach scales well? like pentatonic scales?
is it accurate?..as in no delay when summing or hitting specific notes?

God I bought the guitar version last year for $50, can't win all battles right :P? I had a guitar already so it made sense. The game is great and gets you back into the whole guitar learning process.

#1688 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Man, I'm still awfully sick of all those Guitar Hero/Rock Band games, don't get me wrong they were amazing games back in Middle School & early High School. But I just can't even look at a note chart without feeling nauseous anymore.

But this, I'm really temped, if only because this one actually requires you to play a guitar instead of a plastic toy. Unfortunately I only have a acoustic guitar so I'd need a pickup to even play it.

#1689 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm just wondering how advanced this gets i'm an avid guitar player been playing for around 10 yrs now.

There won't really be much for you as it's mostly for new players. But at the very least the game will emulate a close experience to playing the songs available so you could check the track list to see how much you'll be challenged.

As for delay, most people say it's terrible if you use HDMI and tv speakers. But if you use composite cables or a separate audio out, it improves a lot.

#1690 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

YMMV how much you'll get out of it. Some experienced players have a blast with it and others just can't wrap their head around the note presentation. Probably the most annoying thing for you will be to get a song leveled up to show you the full version of the song (guessing one or two tries would do it). You could check out the RS forums and see what others have to say
http://forums.ubi.co...p/151-Rocksmith

And there are mini-games to help with general practice: Scale Runner, Dawn of the Chordead and Super Ducks being the best ones.
IIRC there are only 11 scales in-game, all moveable. Can't think of there names, been a while since I've down Scale runner.

#1691 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

can I use the controller to play rocksmith?

Posted Image

Yes, you need a guitar. This ain't Rock Band.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1692 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

:ps3: Rocksmith Guitar and Bass $24.99

:360: Rocksmith Guitar and Bass $24.99

Thanks for the info. Not available for shipping or pickup in my area. That's a good price too. Someday I'll get to use this giftcard.

#1693 Bc4768

Bc4768

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Score!! Just order a copy!! Best deal from Best Buy so far!!

#1694 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

BUMP:

Turtle Beach - Ear Force XP400 Wireless Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 $144.99

#1695 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

to late for my input I know, but just wanted to say that while I enjoy playing RockSmith, it could have used a bigger setlist. I keep playing the same songs way more often than I'd like, and it makes it pretty repetitive once you've mastered your favorites. I picked it up after a month or two of starting playing, and I think if nothing else it's a good sign of how far you've come. Songs I couldn't play last year now come easily to me, and that's a really great feeling.

The only thing I can't forgive, and that keeps me from playing it hardly at all anymore, is the fact I have to change around my audio connections everytime just to get the lag to go away:bomb: annoying annoying annoying, I really need to get a cable switch box.
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#1696 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Yes, you need a guitar. This ain't Rock Band.

Unless you're playing RB Blitz, you can't really play Rock band with a controller either.
Posted Image

#1697 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

We're never going to get $4.99 games again are we :-(.

#1698 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

BUMP:

Turtle Beach - Ear Force XP400 Wireless Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 $144.99

Should work with Save $30 on $150 videogame accesories.

#1699 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

BUMP:

The call of duty ones of this is $115 on amazon if anyone likes to know

#1700 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

5/3/2013 - Posted ImageXbox 360 250GB Darksiders II and Batman: Arkham City Bundle $249.99

#1701 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

5/3/2013 - Posted ImageXbox 360 250GB Darksiders II and Batman: Arkham City Bundle $249.99

Also $10 for four months of LIVE if you get the bundle.

#1702 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

Okay CAGs, After being gone for a while I'm back with this week's gaming DOTD:

May 7th: PS3 Little Big Planet 2:Special Edition - $9.99 ($10 savings)

#1703 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

count me in on that!

#1704 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

just watched an unboxing. Seems like it's well worth $10, hell the game alone is worth that. Thanks for posting.

#1705 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

just watched an unboxing. Seems like it's well worth $10, hell the game alone is worth that. Thanks for posting.

You know it's this one and not that one, right? This is the Special Edition, not the Collector's Edition.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1706 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Unboxing? I thought the special edition only came with some extra DLC.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#1707 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

You know it's this one and not that one, right? This is the Special Edition, not the Collector's Edition.

#-oThank you man. That makes more sense. I'm gonna pass then, will wish it was the CE for $10.

#1708 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

I have LBP2 CE, is all the DLC that comes with the SE worth $10? I know it says it's a "$35 value", but is it worth it?

#1709 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

I have LBP2 CE, is all the DLC that comes with the SE worth $10? I know it says it's a "$35 value", but is it worth it?

You could always trade your copy in for $4 base + 50% at best buy. Then you could buy the special edition. Is the extra content worth 4 bucks?

#1710 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

Sweet I dont have LBP 2 yet so for $10 it sounds like a good deal