Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#1951 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Lol someone buying a copy without owning the system is stealing? They deserve it just as much as anyone else
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1952 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I don't think it was hoarders that depleted most of the stock. The item was already sold out in most stores when Vyse gave us the heads up 4 days ago. It was only available in 2 out of the 10 closest Best Buy to me.

I try my best to inform people about the BB DOTDs including posting them in the OP when somebody like Vyse comes forward with early information so people don't have to go digging through the thread. I even had the time posted of when the deal should go live.

$9.99 game + kingdom hearts + lowest price so far + low stock = fast sell out

Tip for next time:

• Check the OP once daily.

#1953 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I might go to BBY tomorrow just to see.

#1954 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

I don't think it was hoarders that depleted most of the stock. The item was already sold out in most stores when Vyse gave us the heads up 4 days ago. It was only available in 2 out of the 10 closest Best Buy to me.

I try my best to inform people about the BB DOTDs including posting them in the OP when somebody like Vyse comes forward with early information so people don't have to go digging through the thread. I even had the time posted of when the deal should go live.

$9.99 game + kingdom hearts + lowest price so far + low stock = fast sell out

Tip for next time:

Words that everyone should abide by. xD

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1955 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Lol someone buying a copy without owning the system is stealing? They deserve it just as much as anyone else

:applause:If you got the game before others than how is it your fault for others not being awake or quick enough to get it. I miss out on deals all the time but never once did I think that I was being robbed b/c I missed out on the deal. Congrats to those that got in on it. I hope I have better luck next time.

#1956 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Why does it really matter? Not like they will instantly sell out.

:lol:
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#1957 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

So to all the people who bought 5 copies or bought copies without even owning the system, would you mind selling me yours for the price you paid and free shipping? Since you know, you basically stole the copies from other people who can and will actually play them. :|

Arbitrage. They stayed up late and bought in bulk so soccer moms and other inattentive folks can get a better-than-MSRP deal down the road through Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, whatever. Don't be a hater.

#1958 thewaspinator

thewaspinator

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, retail doesn't work like that. Things are first-come, first-serve.

#1959 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

has anyones order shipped yet?

#1960 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

has anyones order shipped yet?

It's the dead of night. No one's order has shipped.

#1961 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Huh. Wake up at 4:30 (not for this deal, sadly that is wake up time for me these days) and after a bit of start the day check CAG and remember this deal, only to find out it is already sold out.

I won't even get the DotD email from BB for another 3 hours and the item already isn't available. Wonder if they will swap out something else (doubtful).

Ah well, I was going to pick up the game for my backlog for $10, not even play it instantly, so I guess the hoarders saved my $10.

Sucks for those CAGs where were wanting it to play instantly.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#1962 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

This game was pretty low in stock or unavailable online at the best buys near me when I checked earlier in the week. So anyone thinking about the hoarders buying up all the stock is a theory I wouldn't even mention. The only one I will go to is the one by my job as I saw it was available the night before the deal went live. Hopefully I can get a copy as soon as they open at 10am.

Good luck to those who try in store as well

#1963 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm bummed that I wasn't able to get in on this deal. Next time I'll buy the item ahead of time and pm later. Waste of time/gas but I'll know I get it before them hoarders.

#1964 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Managed to walk in to my local Best Buy and pick it up. Sweet!

#1965 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

A little funny that by the time best buys deal of the day email goes out it will have been sold out for hours....

#1966 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

You're kidding right? Best Buys aren't even open yet.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#1967 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Of course you managed to pick it up. With no one in the store and your phasing through walls super powers you were guaranteed a copy. I need to learn your ways. They sure are going to be surprised when the store opens in a few hours.

#1968 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Facepalm!

No BB is open...

Want to kick you in the gonads
8-) Head BrokeAss

#1969 Az986

Az986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

lol

#1970 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

So to all the people who bought 5 copies or bought copies without even owning the system, would you mind selling me yours for the price you paid and free shipping? Since you know, you basically stole the copies from other people who can and will actually play them. :|

Typical American attitude these days... I was lazy, but I DESERVE the fruits of others labor! Why can't I be given the fruit?!? WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Annoying. How about you get up and get the shit you want earlier next time? Or not bitch about those who did? That's a better plan. I'll sell you one for 29.99 shipped.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1971 io

io

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Tip for next time:

I read this thread many times a day, checked back when the prices usually go live, and I still missed it. It isn't quite that simple ;).

I'm heading to bed now - that is the queue for Best Buy to add more stock and/or lift the in-store pickup restriction. So you early East Coast types will probably luck out again.

#1972 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

*Finger over lips* shhhhhh.....
*wink*

#1973 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks OP. I'm glad I made my order as soon as the deal went live.

For those of you that missed out on this deal, why don't you try PMing at Target? You might get a cashier that fails to notice that it's sold out online. In my experience, they only verify the price and not the availability. YMMV.

#1974 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

The flagship store here in NYC is open 24 hours, for your 4 am flat-screen buying needs.

#1975 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Typical American attitude these days... I was lazy, but I DESERVE the fruits of others labor! Why can't I be given the fruit?!? WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Annoying. How about you get up and get the shit you want earlier next time? Or not bitch about those who did? That's a better plan. I'll sell you one for 29.99 shipped.

umad?

#1976 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Not everything in this world is political or whatever you are ranting on here. Sometimes people are just stupid.

#1977 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

*Finger over lips* shhhhhh.....
*wink*

You gonna pat my bottom too? ;)

The flagship store here in NYC is open 24 hours, for your 4 am flat-screen buying needs.

I can imagine if perfectmf1386 would've went to that store he wouldn't have been able to get a copy an hour ago like he posted! But that is cool to know.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#1978 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Damnit. I just check my email and the site. I can't even check if it's available at my store. I might just try PMing it at Target.

#1979 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Try this link, guys, but I can't guarantee it will work properly: http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

It worked for me just now and I'm awaiting the pick-up email.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1980 NathanOfLight

NathanOfLight

Old-School Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

The add to cart button is now working, instead of saying "sold out online". So it looks like some more are back in stock, guys.

Good luck!