Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#2311 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Damn, I want in store pickup but looks like every store only has 1. Guess I can price match another at Walmart or Kmart.

Any chance I can get this by early next week if I order 2 now for ship to home? Also, if I find two, can I cancel my order sometime today? Doubt they'll ship it today so maybe.

#2312 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think the horde of flippers ruined the trade in program, like Microcenter.

No offense to BB but they were crazy for offering some of these TIV's. I would buy a game months ago from BB, trade it in during their 100% TIV and get more money than I paid for it.

It was bound to die out. Hopefully they still have good TIV's but doubt we'll see 50% or 100% TIV's as often as we did.

Hmm, buy this now or hold out because I have a sneaking suspicion Microsoft is going to announce a GOTY edition that includes all the map packs....

When has Microsoft every released a GotY for a Halo game?

#2313 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

When has Microsoft every released a GotY for a Halo game?

This. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. This is a great price for a good game. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as previous installments of the series, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I say that in regards to both multiplayer and campaign.

#2314 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Any idea how fast ship to store is? I know its estimated between 3 to 5 days but I really do want it faster than that. Yes, I'm being that type of gamer but been meaning to play this for a while with my brother.

#2315 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

man, debating to pick this up to swap the discs in my CE and 'retire' that version. One day my two year old literally took the disks out of the steelbook sitting on top of the TV stand and started rubbing them together! They still worked, but some nasty scratches on the back. Needless to say, he was then immediately banned from my media room until he is 5..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#2316 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Any idea how fast ship to store is? I know its estimated between 3 to 5 days but I really do want it faster than that. Yes, I'm being that type of gamer but been meaning to play this for a while with my brother.

If you have to play it sooner just buy it from gamestop and return that copy when you get your best buy copy.

#2317 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Your store doesn't have a copy in stock for instore pick up?
Every Best Buy I've been to has plenty of Halo 4s.

#2318 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Your store doesn't have a copy in stock for instore pick up?
Every Best Buy I've been to has plenty of Halo 4s.

They have only 1 for pick up. I'm sure the store actually does have more but it isn't allowing me to get two for pickup.

Might just go there when they open and get two instead of waiting.

#2319 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Is it wise to pick this up now even if I don't intend to play it for a while? Do Halo games generally get much cheaper than this?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2320 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Is it wise to pick this up now even if I don't intend to play it for a while? Do Halo games generally get much cheaper than this?

They do not. It is best to get it at this price but if you're not going to play it than you might as well wait. Maybe another sale will come up in the coming months.

#2321 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, for a new copy. I could see this being $15 on GF in the next 2 months. If it wasn't for Reach still being in my backlog, I might of jumped on this deal.

#2322 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hmm, buy this now or hold out because I have a sneaking suspicion Microsoft is going to announce a GOTY edition that includes all the map packs....

There has never been a GOTY Halo game so I wouldn't count on that. Only Halo Wars came out with more content on the Platinum Hits copy.

#2323 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ordered my copy. I've only played Reach and loved it. Want to play them in chronological order so I still have to pick the remaining Halos. Regarding Halo 2, is there a way to play that game without having an original Xbox? Is it available for download in the Market place?
135068.png]

#2324 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ordered my copy. I've only played Reach and loved it. Want to play them in chronological order so I still have to pick the remaining Halos. Regarding Halo 2, is there a way to play that game without having an original Xbox? Is it available for download in the Market place?

All the games work on the 360 so Halo 1 and 2 will play. Alternatively you can get 1 and 2 on PC and just use a 360 controller to play them.

#2325 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Can't pass this up for $18. Plus I had a $5 off RZ coupon, came to $13.77 after tax, awesome!

#2326 Willy6500

Willy6500

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Halo 4 is so worth $18..lol.

#2327 jimbobolowskie

jimbobolowskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Can't pass this up for $18. Plus I had a $5 off RZ coupon, came to $13.77 after tax, awesome!

Ugh. well looks like im getting this and unfortunatly having to sign up for xbox live gold inorder to play online. Been with my ps3 last year and a half gunna have to blow the dust off the old xbox360. Also have been itching to try the new halo but didn't want to go gold. for 18$ though...i'm gonna bite.

#2328 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

How does one tell if a game was repackaged? I feel like my copy of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was repackaged now that I look it over in it's shrink.

Edit- Decided to open and there is no game. Am I able to exchange for an identical item or is there nothing I can do at this point?

That sucks, I had a similar thing happen to me. I bought Burnout Paradise for PS3, I was still in the middle of playing Burnout Revenge, so I just let it sit on the shelf.

Upon finally opening the case (about a year after I bought it), the disc inside was a CDR with a cheap-o half-assed photcopy sticker of Burnout Paradise (incorrectly aligned and printed might I add). It was too late to do anything about it at Best Buy.

#2329 Biggzy32

Biggzy32

Let's fight like gentlemen!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Just picked up my copy. There was only one left at my Best Buy.

#2330 Beta1986

Beta1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

That sucks, I had a similar thing happen to me. I bought Burnout Paradise for PS3, I was still in the middle of playing Burnout Revenge, so I just let it sit on the shelf.

Upon finally opening the case (about a year after I bought it), the disc inside was a CDR with a cheap-o half-assed photcopy sticker of Burnout Paradise (incorrectly aligned and printed might I add). It was too late to do anything about it at Best Buy.

Weird. The same thing happened to me with that exact game (Burnout Paradise) but I purchased my copy from Wal-Mart. It too was a CD-R with a home-made label. I was lucky as I was able to exchange after letting them know what happened.

#2331 Tropicat

Tropicat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yay! Got one for my husband and one for me. I was debating getting it at Gamefly for $20, glad I waited. We both had $10 RZ certificates so they were only about $8 each.

#2332 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

There has never been a GOTY Halo game so I wouldn't count on that. Only Halo Wars came out with more content on the Platinum Hits copy.

what would you call halo 3 odst? It came with all the dlc maps from halo 3...

#2333 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

what would you call halo 3 odst? It came with all the dlc maps from halo 3...

But it didn't come with Halo 3 itself now, did it? Not considered a GOTY by any means.

#2334 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

For those who live close to the Canadian border, Future Shop is taking $40 CAN for Halo 4. Good till May 30
"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#2335 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

In for Halo 4, been waiting for less than $20 for a while now.

#2336 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

My local best buy has taken out their gaming register and lowered their gaming inventory for a lot of titles. They didn't even have Halo in stock yesterday. Very disappointing :(

#2337 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

My local best buy has taken out their gaming register and lowered their gaming inventory for a lot of titles. They didn't even have Halo in stock yesterday. Very disappointing :(

That stinks. One of my stores (3rd closest) did the same.

#2338 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

That stinks. One of my stores (3rd closest) did the same.

it is going to become a standard/ storewide protocol soon for most, if not all bb b&m stores. As I was told by store rep about a few weeks ago, when I was doing my trade ins.

#2339 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Find a cheap copy of the original XBox version and play that (as long as you have a HDD on your system) or download it from GoD.

#2340 Nameless One

Nameless One

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thanks OP for the heads up.