Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#2401 gcrack

gcrack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

The PX21's are terrible. Get x12's or x32's.

#2402 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Zumba Fitness? WHAT A DEAL

wait till amazon do a repeat of it tomorrow. lol

#2403 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

You previously passed? How does that happen? Sucks.

Sorry OT, just curious...

Your eyes change as you age, it's that simple and many men develop it later in their lives.

The PX21's are terrible. Get x12's or x32's.

That's a shame, need a new headset ASAP and the price sounded nice for something I could use on PS3 and PC.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#2404 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Why when I see "DotD" do I always think "Day of the Dead"? It doesn't even make sense...

#2405 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

:360::ps3: NHL 13 is the DotD for $39.99.

#2406 zyk

zyk

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm hoping they meant $20 and they marked it off by $20 on accident.

#2407 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

lol not a typo.

#2408 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Terrible deal!!!!!

#2409 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Would get 1 for $20.

#2410 SV11bucksfan

SV11bucksfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Yea this is a bad deal. Got NHL 13 for $20 from Target on Monday.

#2411 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Trying to cash in on the Stanley Cup finals eh?

#2412 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

:360::ps3: NHL 13 is the DotD for $39.99.

Lol. Good one. Could somebody post the real DotD now?

#2413 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I fairly like working at Best Buy, easy $10 an hour as a starting job.(NYC) This is my first job and I got in due to my charisma I'm guessing because all the other hires had some form of previous experience. For the moment I'm staying only because of the discount. A sony tv that costs $3600 gets reduced to $1650 after discount. Managers give discounts on open box items to employees, that said i got my ipod touch 5th gen 32gb for $150. And beats and bose everything is 50% off. So if bose qc15 costs $300 you get it for $150. This discount is easily the best* in the industry. So I'd say it's pretty worth it, with all the money you save from discounts.

Yo, what best buy in NYC do you work at? I go to the 44th street BB like 3 times a week. DO you work in the gaming section?

#2414 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I fairly like working at Best Buy, easy $10 an hour as a starting job.(NYC) This is my first job and I got in due to my charisma I'm guessing because all the other hires had some form of previous experience. For the moment I'm staying only because of the discount. A sony tv that costs $3600 gets reduced to $1650 after discount. Managers give discounts on open box items to employees, that said i got my ipod touch 5th gen 32gb for $150. And beats and bose everything is 50% off. So if bose qc15 costs $300 you get it for $150. This discount is easily the best* in the industry. So I'd say it's pretty worth it, with all the money you save from discounts.

I work full time at a major insurance company. Been here for nearly a year and a half.. and you basically get paid as much as I do. TBH, I'd rather be working with electronics than dealing with insurance claims. :|

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#2415 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Amazon price matched it yesterday! They knew it would be on "sale" so they marked it 39.99

#2416 Biggzy32

Biggzy32

Let's fight like gentlemen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I think this was one of the games you can get the $20 off promotion at Target. So, $19.99 with Amazon pm.

#2417 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I work full time at a major insurance company. Been here for nearly a year and a half.. and you basically get paid as much as I do. TBH, I'd rather be working with electronics than dealing with insurance claims. :|

Damn, bro. You should be making more than that... Look around at insurance jobs. Go get the AD Banker Series 6 and 63 guide and study for the exam. You can't take it until you have a sponsor, but if a firm knows that you're ready to take the exam, that's pretty marketable. There's good money in securities sales.

#2418 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Are you working in a call center?

#2419 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Damn, bro. You should be making more than that... Look around at insurance jobs. Go get the AD Banker Series 6 and 63 guide and study for the exam. You can't take it until you have a sponsor, but if a firm knows that you're ready to take the exam, that's pretty marketable. There's good money in securities sales.

I know... no need to rub it in! :P

I was fixing to take the LOMA exam here in the next month or so. I was told that would be beneficial down the line...

#2420 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Are you working in a call center?

Nope. I do something even more exciting - data entry (setting up claims mainly)! Oh, the joy...

:drool:

#2421 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nope. I do something even more exciting - data entry (setting up claims mainly)! Oh, the joy...

:drool:

call center is worse. people yelling at you all the time.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2422 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Lol. Good one. Could somebody post the real DotD now?

Seeing as the NHL is moving into its Conference Finals this weekend, I think this is a good deal for Best Buy. I'm sure some will bite when seeing the game listed at that price online. You might not like it, but it makes sense to try and push some copies out at that price.

#2423 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

call center is worse. people yelling at you all the time.

Oh, I know. I actually would have turned down the job if it meant being on the phone a good portion of my day.

Nearly a year ago, I worked for Xbox customer support for about 3 months... and that was HELL ON EARTH.

#2424 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Oh, I know. I actually would have turned down the job if it meant being on the phone a good portion of my day.

Nearly a year ago, I worked for Xbox customer support for about 3 months... and that was HELL ON EARTH.

$10 an hour at an entry-level insurance position actually isn't too bad. That's what I started off getting paid at State Farm. I love how people think that everyone who works at a State Farm brings in loads of money, haha. 12 years later, now I work for an independent agency and make a lot more than that. My Wife works at State Farm and makes very good money.

So, just be patient and learn all you can. It's an extremely stable career path with great potential for career advancements within the industry. We've been able to move all over the country with our careers.

However, being on the phone will, unfortunately, end up being a good part of your job :)

#2425 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

nearly a year ago, i worked for xbox customer support for about 3 months... And that was hell on earth.

Where is my 1200 point code?!?!

#2426 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Where is my 1200 point code?!?!

hahahah that's exactly what I was thinking.

Must be hell being a CSR. This is why I never give them a hard time. People calling up bitching at them over a memorial day weekend... smh.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2427 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

hahahah that's exactly what I was thinking.

Must be hell being a CSR. This is why I never give them a hard time. People calling up bitching at them over a memorial day weekend... smh.

Worked Verizon FIOS call center for almost 2 years. I dreaded every day I went in. I kept going because I was getting rather good pay and kept getting promised a tier 3 tech job because of my numbers (non customer facing position basically fixing internal problems). Well that and the overtime I could pull. If it wasn't for us having our first child I don't think I would have lasted a few months until i found a better, lower paying job.

Aside from that. Getting the GoD version and American Nightmare sparked me into playing AW again. Man I forgot how much I liked the writing in this game and how it flows together.

I'm in the air about Dark Souls, huge backlog and I don't need another game. But the difficulty aspect intrigues me so much. I beat it's predecessor and hated the game blocking you in areas (not difficult just almost a block due to how it was developed) and people keep saying the game play improved. I'm torn

#2428 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

you know the deal of the day sucks when people would rather talk about work :bouncy:

#2429 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

surprisingly my kingdom hearts shipped today had a backorder email a week ago saying they would cancel on the 30th if they couldnt find one guess i got lucky

#2430 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I feel ashamed that I am thinking about getting it haha. But why is this such a bad deal? Is it cheaper somewhere else?