Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#2791 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

I wonder if the upcoming GOTY edition is going to be as weird as the one for the original. That one had two or three versions, one that included all of the DLC on disc with the main game, one that included it on a voucher that was one time use and I think one that even had a disc with all the DLC AND a voucher for the DLC in the case.

#2792 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

I wonder if the upcoming GOTY edition is going to be as weird as the one for the original. That one had two or three versions, one that included all of the DLC on disc with the main game, one that included it on a voucher that was one time use and I think one that even had a disc with all the DLC AND a voucher for the DLC in the case.

I wouldn't mind the DLC on disk and a voucher for the DLC that they're releasing later.

Buuuuuut that not gonna happen.

#2793 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

I just remember the ones with 'tokens' (i.e. vouchers) were released first, and they were later replaced with dlc included on disc, so hopefully they just have one version with dlc on disc. 

#2794 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds it absurd to release a GOTY edition without all the DLC?  I get that the next gen consoles are just around the corner and that they can't wait too much longer to get this GOTY edition out, so this is kinda a special case, but the least they can do is include vouchers for the DLC yet to be released, something like a 2nd season pass or something.

But, knowing Gearbox, I'm surprised they even put all the existing DLC in the GOTY edition.  I'm hard pressed to think of a greedier dev.

Let's remember these were for different systems.  I think everything got the vouchers at first, which as we all know screws over Gamestop's used market and anyone who doesn't have internet access (a large part of the market for these GOTY versions to begin with).  So they released the version with everything on one disc for PS3 and the 2 disc version for 360.  Those shouldn't have come with vouchers; that's the first I've heard of that.  I am happy they eventually released the correct version as vouchers totally suck, but man they sure screwed over those early buyers who'd been holding out for the GOTY edition.

Edit:  In hindsight, vouchers for the newer GOTY prints sorta does make sense.  IIRC, the GOTY content that came on the disc doesn't include trophy/achievement support for whatever moronic reason, so the only way to get trophies/achievements is to download the DLC directly from PSN/MS.  Of course anybody who didn't care about trophies/achievements could just give away the DLC codes online and play the DLC on the disc, it would have just been simplier to enable trophies on the extra disc content.

they are basically getting rid of it , for the goty version

While that would make perfect sense, I'm not so sure.  I still see new copies of the vanilla Borderlands everywhere (not just in pissant town shops, I mean online) at $15-$20 apiece. 

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#2795 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Would pick up for PS3 but I'll wait for GOTY.

htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#2796 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Like most, I am waiting for the GOTY.

IIRC, the GOTY content that came on the disc doesn't include trophy/achievement support for whatever moronic reason, so the only way to get trophies/achievements is to download the DLC directly from PSN/MS.  Of course anybody who didn't care about trophies/achievements could just give away the DLC codes online and play the DLC on the disc, it would have just been simplier to enable trophies on the extra disc content.

Are you positive? I have the GOTY that came with the extra disc, but haven't had a chance to play it. It's pretty bizarre if the on-disc dlc does not have achievements. I'm not sure why (or how) they would do this.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2797 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Are you positive? I have the GOTY that came with the extra disc, but haven't had a chance to play it. It's pretty bizarre if the on-disc dlc does not have achievements. I'm not sure why (or how) they would do this.

No I'm really not positive, I suppose it may have just been a weird bug or something and I never tried the 360 version.  I did play the PS3 version that has the DLC on the disc but forces you to DL it directly to the console (god I hate those).  I never looked into it much but I know there were at least a couple trophies I was supposed to get that I didn't, and IIRC none of the Borderlands DLC trophies ever showed up on my list as either unobtained or obtained.

In short, looking at my trophies list, you'd never even know I had the GOTY version.  Haven't tried it on another system to see if it works there, but otherwise it works fine.

What you do need to be worried about is hackers.  There are tons of them on the PS3 version.  I mostly solo'd my way through the game, but I did try to go online after unlocking the Fast Travel feature and find partners for the Underdome DLC.  I met this one fully leveled badass who was dropping insane amounts of "Omega shield" and other suspicious looking shields (all valued at like $999,999 lol).  Next time when I tried to play solo again my quest list was all screwed up; with tons quests that I hadn't even encountered yet active and, after a quick google search, discovered a couple hacked quests (One was "Keep your insides inside" or something like that) that was unobtainable legitimately (and therefore uncompleteable).  Unfortanutely I never backed up my save either, but I did find some program that let me export my PS3 save to PC and allowed me to manually repair my save file by deleting all the quests I hadn't encountered yet.  I'd assume it'd work for 360 too, but if you are gonna play online you should just be aware that there are tons of hackers, and it's entirely possible to use that program to max out your level and give yourself the best equiptment right off the bat. 

It really does break the online experience too; I met far more hackers than honest gamers in my time online.  The game is glitchy enough without dealing with hacked quests (I had to quit/restart several times as my character became stuck, bosses/enemies became trapped behind walls, necessary loot clipped through the ground, ect).  My issues with the DLC trophies started before I ever tried playing online so I know that hackers weren't the issue, especially since I continued to get trophies from the main game with no problems.

Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#2798 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

360 - If I remember correctly, in the original BL, you couldn't play the disc with the dl. You had to dl the extra content using the disc and then play from your HD with all the achievements. There is even a 4+ GB for BL on my HD. Yes, I have the extra disc. I hunted around specifically for it. 

Could missing out on some trophies be due to the glitch in the Secret Armory? This is what happened to me but I think it was only two achievements at most.

#2799 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

360 - If I remember correctly, in the original BL, you couldn't play the disc with the dl. You had to dl the extra content using the disc and then play from your HD with all the achievements. There is even a 4+ GB for BL on my HD. Yes, I have the extra disc. I hunted around specifically for it. 

Could missing out on some trophies be due to the glitch in the Secret Armory? This is what happened to me but I think it was only two achievements at most.

I actually haven't even gotten to that DLC yet - it's the only one I haven't played.

#2800 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

3 of the 4 were actually very good. Before you do play, read up on the glitch for Secret Armory. If it happens don't go any further or you won't be able complete the achievement(s) unless you mp with another who hasn't completed the achievement.

#2801 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

FYI Amazon still have it for $14.99.

#2802 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'd pass on this.

Horrible game.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2803 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

On the PS3 at least, the trophies on the GOTY worked fine - just as if you downloaded. Actually I'm pretty sure you have to pre-install it anyway on the PS3, so it really is just as if you download the content.  

I've never heard of trophies/achievements not working because of being "on-disc".  

#2804 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Guess I'll try cross posting ...

I know this has been asked but I'm having trouble finding the answer (both on here and Google).  Just got a used Wii U for a really good price (even after the price drop on the 20th) so going to get a couple games.  If I PM Amazon at Best Buy is it JUST the Amazon.com sales that can be PMed or is it all of the "Fullfilled by Amazon" sales?

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2805 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Guess I'll try cross posting ...

I know this has been asked but I'm having trouble finding the answer (both on here and Google).  Just got a used Wii U for a really good price (even after the price drop on the 20th) so going to get a couple games.  If I PM Amazon at Best Buy is it JUST the Amazon.com sales that can be PMed or is it all of the "Fullfilled by Amazon" sales?

Has to be 100% Amazon. No "Sold by Shark Distributors, and fulfilled by Amazon" kinds of offers. Any Best Buy now following is this protocol would be on a YMMV basis.

#2806 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

:headache:

Thanks anyway 8o)

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2807 htz

htz

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

9/17/2013 - :360: :ps3: :wii: :wiiu: :3ds: Disney INFINITY Starter Pack $59.99, :360: :ps3: :pc: :wiiu: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 $29.99

#2808 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

LOL. I was trying to find this thread to post the new deals. Another week between posts.

#2809 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Do you think both PS3/360 BO II Sku's (i.e. standard and the ones with the Revolution DLC) will be $29.99?

#2810 htz

htz

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Do you think both PS3/360 BO II Sku's (i.e. standard and the ones with the Revolution DLC) will be $29.99?

Doesn't look like it.

#2811 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

That's a good price on BlOps 2. I think probably 90% of us are gonna be playing GTAV for awhile, but...oh well. Tomorrow at work's gonna be a fun one. 

#2812 htz

htz

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

9/29/2013 - :wii: Disney Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two $9.99, Turtle Beach - Ear Force PX22 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset $59.99

Edited by htz, 29 September 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#2813 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

EPIC FLIPPY!

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#2814 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

ahhhhh good ol epic flippy lmao. it helped us make plenty of gamestop credit when the tiv was really good :D. how many copys of part 1 and 2 for the wii do they have in bestbuys anyway ? they always go on sale
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2815 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

If only epic flippy was still alive lol...

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2816 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

Epic flippy?

Teachin' b*tches how to swim

#2817 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Epic flippy?

Way to read one post up from the last one there champ.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#2818 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Way to read one post up from the last one there champ.

Wish this was reddit so I can downvote. "Epic Flippy" was a great BB to GS flip.

#2819 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Epic flippy?

EHv0UlR.png?1

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png

#2820 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

If you just made that then I'm not sure whether to applaud you or be worried about you.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List