Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#2851 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Stellar, I am not trolling but I am trying to figure out what you mean exactly when you say, "I actually play games." Are you referring to other games than Dead Island?I assume the majority of us that comment do indeed play the games we buy. 

The majority of people that hoard on here have admitted to purchasing way more than they ever intend to play.

What plus said. Most people on here openly say "Ill buy this to throw in the backlog and Ill never get to it." And if its not that than the other CAGs buy games just to flip. I feel like few people actually play most of the games they buy here. 

Not hating on anyone though.

512847.png

#2852 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

What plus said. Most people on here openly say "Ill buy this to throw in the backlog and Ill never get to it." And if its not that than the other CAGs buy games just to flip. I feel like few people actually play most of the games they buy here. 

Spoiler

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#2853 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

^Is that you mask air raid?  :-P

512847.png

#2854 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Lol no.

That is Boxxy, queen of the interwebs.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#2855 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Out of curiosity what would a good zombie apocalypse game look like? Between Dead Island, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, Killing Floor, Yakuza Dead Souls, State of Decay, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc. I'd say there are handfuls of good zombie apocalypse games.

You didn't ask me but since I share the same sentiment I'll answer. In none of those games can you build barricades, scavenge supplies, and work with other survivors to eke out an existence. All of these games - like most games - ask you to kill everything, and the enemies in these games just happen to be zombies. That doesn't make a zombie game IMO. I give Walking Dead and Yakuza Dead Souls a pass because at least they had phenomenal zombie storylines. The other games are just like "It's a zombie apocalypse, kill everything." If there really was a zombie apocalypse, that is the last thing you should try to do.

The beginning of Dead Island is about as good as it gets as far as zombie games go. You wake up in a shack, there are a bunch of zombies outside and half a dozen survivors inside with you. One of the survivors is outside to fend off the zombies while the others do all of jackshit, so it's up to you to help the guy outside fend off the horde. That's what would happen in a real zombie scenario.

#2856 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

You didn't ask me but since I share the same sentiment I'll answer. In none of those games can you build barricades, scavenge supplies, and work with other survivors to eke out an existence. All of these games - like most games - ask you to kill everything, and the enemies in these games just happen to be zombies. That doesn't make a zombie game IMO. I give Walking Dead and Yakuza Dead Souls a pass because at least they had phenomenal zombie storylines. The other games are just like "It's a zombie apocalypse, kill everything." If there really was a zombie apocalypse, that is the last thing you should try to do.

The beginning of Dead Island is about as good as it gets as far as zombie games go. You wake up in a shack, there are a bunch of zombies outside and half a dozen survivors inside with you. One of the survivors is outside to fend off the zombies while the others do all of jackshit, so it's up to you to help the guy outside fend off the horde. That's what would happen in a real zombie scenario.

... Did you even SEE State of Decay on that list??? Literally what you described is the exact scenario of the game.

#2857 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yeah it fits the bill on paper but it's marred by technical issues. Maybe when I have more time I'll give it another go. Actually, a lot of these games are rough and unpolished - it's like the developers put in the minimum work to cash in on the zombie fad. Resident Evil is probably the one with the best production values, and even that series has been taking a pounding recently.

#2858 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Well Dead Island Riptide: Special Edition is now $20 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...Special Edition

#2859 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Damn thought it was the Rigor mortis Edition. I'll pass on Dead Island for now
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#2860 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

null 

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#2861 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

10/16/2013 - :pc:Diablo Battle Chest $4.99

#2862 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

What's the online community like in D2? Still a lot of people playing?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#2863 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Grabbed one for $7.50ish. Can't wait to get my wife hooked on Diablo 3's superior prior installment.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2864 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

What's the online community like in D2? Still a lot of people playing?

I don'f know abouf endgame...but the starter levels are filled with spamming bots...filled.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2865 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

grabbed one. kinda ticked I couldn't use my $5 RZ to get it free, but a little over $7 shipped & tax ain't bad either. my kids are loving Diablo 3, can't wait to show them the originals.

#2866 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

can't wait to show them the originals.

The original is not included. I never really understood why they left out Diablo 1 from this collection.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2867 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

The original is not included. I never really understood why they left out Diablo 1 from this collection.

It used to include the original.  At some point a few years back, they removed it.  I have a version that had it which I got from GameStop back then.

#2868 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

It used to include the original.  At some point a few years back, they removed it.  I have a version that had it which I got from GameStop back then.

Maybe they didn't want to include the game itself and leave out the Hellfire expansion (which was created by a 3rd part developer)? Silly reason, but that's all I got.

I still have my originals, so I never considered the battle chest.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2869 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

eeeh, it'll be fine.

#2870 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

10/16/2013 - :pc:Diablo Battle Chest $4.99

OMG, that's a STEAL.

Diablo 2 + LOD are great. 

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#2871 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Which begs the question, why buy these games if you're not going to play them? If I'm not with my gf or at work I'm playing games. As a matter of fact that's all I've done for the past 30 years. Don't buy games I'm not going to play, rather spend the money on something else that would be useful in life. Like a TV or a laptop.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#2872 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Which begs the question, why buy these games if you're not going to play them? If I'm not with my gf or at work I'm playing games. As a matter of fact that's all I've done for the past 30 years. Don't buy games I'm not going to play, rather spend the money on something else that would be useful in life. Like a TV or a laptop.

Some use the boxes to build a wife.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2873 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Some use the boxes to build a wife.

LMAO

#2874 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

^just so that I don't steal credit, that's a CAG inside joke, I didn't come up with it, I'm not that funny.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2875 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Stopped by my Best Buy today, they really only had very recent PC games. I thought about just leaving but I decided to ask if they had it in stock, they looked it up and said they could get it shipped to my house with free shipping. I said sure but they passed me off to another girl who said the shipping would be $1.99, but then the original girl came back and said, no the shipping is free, and insisted on it, as if she knew I'd walk out if it wasn't. So they adjusted my shipping to a penny and sent me on my way. Yeah my victory was only $1.99, but pretty satisfied with customer service, and it satisfied my inner CAG.

Nitman99.png

#2876 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

10/20/2013 - :ps3:Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $7.99

#2877 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

10/20/2013 - :ps3:Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $7.99

Guess we will find out the trade in value at GS in the morning

#2878 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Guess we will find out the trade in value at GS in the morning

Its used price is $24.99, so it's probably not much more than $5, if that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2879 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Adult Swim. August 7th. 11/10c

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Have they dropped the pre owned deals yet?

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: UFC   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   :360: Metro Last Light   :ps3: Beyond Two Souls   :3ds: Pokemon Y   :vita: J&D TPL

#2880 briwas101

briwas101

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Knowingly buying a game that you don't intend to play is pretty stupid. Its as stupid as buying clothes you wont wear or music you wont listen to (or am I the only one that pays for music?).

I developed a backlog of 50+ but I realized it and diagnosed the problem.

I was buying cheap (but good) games because the THOUGHT of sitting back and relaxing while playing it made me feel good. The IDEA that I will have free time to enjoy it made me want to buy the games.

Unfortunately in life you rarely have enough time to do the things you want, so the only benefit I got from many of those games was just the brief feeling that I WILL eventually play the games.

Ive had to admit to myself that games like dragon age 2, DA origins, far cry 2 (might as well play 3 now), enslaved, crysis 2 will probably never be played.

To make up for my previous stupidity I am probably gonna wait 2-3 years before I buy a ps4