The Official CAG January 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to post these in the last thread but I wanted to save them for the next. Plus, my Brother took the Camera for a few days, so I couldn't post it.

CIMG0850_zps54a9b7b0.jpg
[
Got in the Amazon Warehouse Deal for Anime. Already had Season 5. Now I almost have all of Voltron except Season 1. :lol:

CIMG0853_zpsb9ddde2d.jpg

Yay for Code Geass! Just need S1 and S2 Part 1 (Good luck with that). Liking the My Otome Z Special Edition Box. I'll probably get another.

CIMG0859_zps3a9cbd8d.jpg

Decided to expand the Wii Library, so now I'm on the hunt for them. Kirby's Dream Collection was from the Gamefly Sale. I like it but the bad thing about it was that it was so damn hard to open. >< Everything else was from the B2G1 at Gamestop. Glad I found Muramasa Blade; the Gamestops around me never have them in stock. I bought Nights separately, too bad they don't have the actual case for that. But I never see them around either.

CIMG0856_zpsf9a65b0b.jpg

Random Stuff. Picked up Darkstalkers and Too Human at Gamestop. I thought I was going to get a neat case with Too Human. But the Clerk gave me a crappy case with it. it did come with the manual and cover though. Good thing I had an extra 360 Case lying around. I like the game actually, the whole Norse Mythology is pretty interesting. But I hate the Controls. It doesn't seem so fluid with the stick. They could've done better imo. Adventure Time Comic was from a White Elephant, funny that no one wanted it; everything else up for grabs was bad. Dad randomly gave me the watch I ordered for him.

Not Shown: A stack of PS1 Games from my Friend for free. (Nothing Great. Only Spyro.) 2 Silver Experience AMC Tickets. About 100ish Dollars for Christmas.

Those Voltron cases are so awesome!! I'm actually tryin to get some spare money saved up to order all of the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z seasons from Amazon so hopefully I can get them all together in a sweet pic like yours! :D

20130102_193853.jpg

After playing Skylanders with my gf's little brother, I decided to jump into it. I grabbed the Starter Pack for $44.XX off AWD, and the singles from Amazon/BB sale for $6-7 each.

I went over to Best Buy today at lunch and found the last Halo 4 controller and Soul Calibur V CEs they had, so figured why not. SCV was the $20 sale price, and the controller was retail. I've been kicking myself since passing on a $43.XX AWD when it first was released, only to see the price start soaring on it.

Fedex delivery guy left the box on my front door. Was glad to see that it wasn't stolen.

Di1l2.jpg

DXmqy.jpg

YGyBk.jpg

W12FB.jpg

Tinkered around with it for a while, and I can safely say the money was well spent. The detail on the figure is ridiculous. I can barely wait for my Bane figure to arrive.

[quote name='elessar123']lol Batman's crotch looks censored.

This is actually December's, but like the 30th or something. Close enough.

2012-12-28_15-55-00_108_zps32593f61.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I wonder which Book Off that came from. :lol:

I'm so gonna buy all that Skylander stuff...

When it's like 5 bucks on eBay in 2 years. Seriously, I do want it, but I can't help but think its like every other gimmicky toy/collectible/whatever out there.

[quote name='Zaku77']Hatsune Miku![/QUOTE]

The hell is that?

:p

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm so gonna buy all that Skylander stuff...
When it's like 5 bucks on eBay in 2 years. Seriously, I do want it, but I can't help but think its like every other gimmicky toy/collectible/whatever out there.
[/QUOTE]

More than likely. I'll probably just get a couple more to have a base set when I find another sale, but I doubt much past that.

Not much this time around, but here's what I've gotten so far.

1530bdk.jpg

Bought Mega Man Star Force: Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier from GameStop during its Buy 2, Get 1 Free on used DS/Wii games sale.

2ut2qhh.jpg

Managed to jump on Gundam Wing Endless Waltz right before it sold out on RightStuf.

Digital stuff:
-ChuChu Rocket! (Android/Got this free from Amazon)
-Doom Pack (Steam)
-FarCry 2 (Steam)
-NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (PSN)
-Chronovolt (PSN)

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']

After playing Skylanders with my gf's little brother, I decided to jump into it. I grabbed the Starter Pack for $44.XX off AWD, and the singles from Amazon/BB sale for $6-7 each.

I went over to Best Buy today at lunch and found the last Halo 4 controller and Soul Calibur V CEs they had, so figured why not. SCV was the $20 sale price, and the controller was retail. I've been kicking myself since passing on a $43.XX AWD when it first was released, only to see the price start soaring on it.[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups! That Halo controller i absolutely awesome! I wanna pick up one of those and a Gears of War Bundle controller as well, they're definitely the best special edition controllers in my opinion!

[quote name='knightsdwn']Fedex delivery guy left the box on my front door. Was glad to see that it wasn't stolen.

Di1l2.jpg

DXmqy.jpg

YGyBk.jpg

W12FB.jpg

Tinkered around with it for a while, and I can safely say the money was well spent. The detail on the figure is ridiculous. I can barely wait for my Bane figure to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness, Christian Bale's face looks so real in that last picture!!! :shock:

[quote name='Tsukento']Not much this time around, but here's what I've gotten so far.

1530bdk.jpg

Bought Mega Man Star Force: Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier from GameStop during its Buy 2, Get 1 Free on used DS/Wii games sale.

2ut2qhh.jpg

Managed to jump on Gundam Wing Endless Waltz right before it sold out on RightStuf.

Digital stuff:
-Doom Pack (Steam)
-FarCry 2 (Steam)
-Chronovolt (PSN)[/QUOTE]

Awesome DS pickups, I loved Shadow Dragon when I had a DS! :D

[quote name='Tsukento']Not much this time around, but here's what I've gotten so far.

1530bdk.jpg

2ut2qhh.jpg

Digital stuff:
-Doom Pack (Steam)
-FarCry 2 (Steam)
-Chronovolt (PSN)[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get that case for the DS games?

[quote name='Tsel']How is it that you didn't already own Advent Children on Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. I'm quite surprised. :lol:

With my crazy ways of spending I tend to only get things when they are the perfect price for me to pick up usually, so some things are basically backlogged on my "stuff to get" list until I can find it for my buying price. Although I did already own Advent Children from awhile ago, but I lent it to my sister, and I think she might have misunderstood me and thought I was giving it to her, but since it's been there like forever now I'm just going to buy another one since it's pretty cheap now, lol.

I picked up Trigun back when it was first released and was going to sell it on eBay. Nobody has bought it yet. And FYE is selling the DVD version for $5 with any other anime purchase.

2nqwqyo.jpg

qyfvrk.jpg

The old lady working the counter at goodwill was trying to convince the Hispanic gentleman looking at the gameboy that he could charge it by USB, really glad she didn't, and then I swooped in and picked it up for $7

Last edited by a moderator:
picked these up from Buybacks with 20% off. I bit the bullet and paid the price for SoM since I never see that around and it was in great condition.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoruag.jpg

photolem.jpg
[/QUOTE]

no way there's is a english dub version of "your under arrest" i had to watch the whole series in the jap dub.

===

Just yesterday i got a sealed copy Star Wars:KOTOR on the xbox for $20 dollars. Best deal of the year for me (at least for now)

I also got a few mangas and a dvd version of tekken: blood vengeance
v4mlwo.jpg

2qnb30n.jpg

ifqykj.jpg

34z0idf.jpg

- horrible quality from my phone -

Last edited by a moderator:
These are three of the five new figures I have ordered for the new year (Well technically last year, but they came in this year :D ) , three of which are already here!

This one is by far my favorite, and I can hardly wait for the game to come out later in the year!

Tales of Xillia - Milla Maxwell - 1/8 (Alter)

IMG-20130107-00374_zpsedf1121d.jpg

(Put the next two in spoilers to avoid taking up too much room haha)

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch - Shirley Fenette - 1/8 - SwimClub Cafe Ver. (Alpha x Omega)

This one cost the most out of any of the figures I ordered, but this one I had to get as I found it hard to find at a decent price. And it doesn't hurt she is one of my favorite anime characters!

IMG-20130107-00376_zps3cdcd811.jpg

And lastly, my favorite character from Persona 4!

IMG-20130107-00380_zpsfc2bc54f.jpg

All in all, very happy to add these to my collection! Will be posting more soon as I have two more figures, and LOTS of anime coming in :)

[quote name='NoelVermillion']no way there's is a english dub version of "your under arrest" i had to watch the whole series in the jap dub.[/QUOTE]The first season and movie was licensed by ADV way back in the day. Not sure why Sentai didn't make a Season 1 boxset.

[quote name='3GSid']These are three of the five new figures I have ordered for the new year (Well technically last year, but they came in this year :D ) , three of which are already here!

This one is by far my favorite, and I can hardly wait for the game to come out later in the year!

Tales of Xillia - Milla Maxwell - 1/8 (Alter)

IMG-20130107-00374_zpsedf1121d.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I'm so ordering one of these. The Xillia Localization is my #1 most anticipated game this year. :D

That figure is beautiful!

-Onegai Teacher Complete,Dual Parallel Trouble Adveture Complete,Steel Angel Kurumi complete
-The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Complete Limited Edition Volumes 1-4
-Lucky Star Limited Edition Volumes 1-5, missing vol 6
-He is my master, Baka and test Season 1(one of the funniest anime ever imo)and initial d 3rd stage

HrKhu.jpg

LqIQ8.jpg

WDzFp.jpg

xA10K.jpg

I have a question, what should be posted in the pick ups section? I remember people getting pretty worked up when someone was posting his clothes pick up and others mocked him by posting their groceries or junk food pick ups. Was thinking of posting pictures of some puzzles (non game/anime/movie related)...

[quote name='elessar123']Squarehard changed his nick?[/QUOTE]

I usually try to cut down in the first couple of months of the year, especially after spending 8k on anime last year.

[quote name='pcktlnt']I have a question, what should be posted in the pick ups section? I remember people getting pretty worked up when someone was posting his clothes pick up and others mocked him by posting their groceries or junk food pick ups. Was thinking of posting pictures of some puzzles (non game/anime/movie related)...[/QUOTE]

Anything is fine. Just a couple of people in the past troll over stuff like that, but to be perfectly honest I don't think the majority of people here really care what people can and can't post.

[quote name='Squarehard']I usually try to cut down in the first couple of months of the year, especially after spending 8k on anime last year.[/QUOTE]

I heard you spend more at the nudi bar, 8k is quite a bit though!!! You need to seriously start like an anime archive museum and make your home a historical site!!!!

I don't really mind the Clothes Pick Up for the most part. The Junk Food that has been posted, was pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back