Help me rearrange my backlog for 2013

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
1/15: Thanks CAG. Going to run with what I compiled from the thread and kick off my new year of gaming.

Another year in the books for gaming but to keep it fresh, it's time to rearrange the backlog. Like the previous few years i have asked the CAG community for what order they would play my remaining backlog games in and this year is no different. What order would you play these games in? I know your thinking get rid of a bunch of these games and I am going to, I just don't want to say which ones because I don't want to sway anyone's votes. So if you wouldn't mind giving me a few suggestions or the whole list if your in the mood, it would be appreciated. I'll compile the results in a few weeks and go from there. Thanks CAG!

:ps3: (22 Games)
Braid
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Back to the Future
inFAMOUS
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Collection
Assassin's Creed
Plants vs Zombies
LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year
Bioshock [Need to beat the Challenge Rooms]
Mega Man (Japan Import)
Mega Man 2 (Japan Import)
Mega Man 3 (Japan Import)
Resident Evil 5 [Need to beat Desperate Escape DLC]
Bulletstorm Limited Edition
Darksiders
Batman: Arkham City [Need to beat Robin, Nightwing, and Harley Quinn DLC]
Resistance 3
Mass Effect 3
Red Faction
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Jet Set Radio
Retro City Rampage
:3ds: (22 Games)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong Jr
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
NES Open Tournament Golf
Wrecking Crew
Yoshi
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge
Mega Man
:360: (16 Games)
Dead Rising
Crackdown
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Halo Wars (Collector's Edition)
Prince of Persia [Need to beat the Epilogue]
Haunt
Triple Pack: Limbo/Trials HD/'Splosion Man [Need to beat Limbo and Trials HD]
Child of Eden
Call of Duty: Black Ops [Need to beat First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation, and Rezurrection DLC]
Rock Band Blitz
Happy Wars
Wreckateer
Kinect Party
Gears of War 3
Diabolical Pitch
Serious Sam 3: BFE
:wii: (3 Games)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition [Need to beat Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels]
MDK 2
:psp: (2 Games)
ModNation Racers
Pinball Heroes
:xbox: (1 Game)
Star Wars Battlefront
:ds: (1 Game)
Game and Watch Collection 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put Braid and Metroid Prime Trilogy at the top of your list. Also, I love the original Legend of Zelda, but I realize it's not for everyone at this point in time.

Oh, and I'd say Minish Cap should be near the top too.

I'd knock out a couple of the quick and easy ones first just to slim down the backlog some. I can't speak for anything but the PS3, but you can knock out Pac-Man & Back to the Future in 1-2 days each. PvZ and LBP are also pretty quick, but more along the lines of 3-5 days (unless you can game all day).

How does one "beat" the COD BLOPS DLC? Do you mean getting the Achievements for those map packs? Is the online still active for it?

FALLOUT 3 !!!!

Probably my favorite current gen game that I've played. Yes it will take you forever to beat it, but it is amazing!

BRAID FIRST!!!! It's not all that long, and it's one of the absolute best games of this generation!

Other great games on your list are: Darksiders, Plants vs Zombies, Jet Set Radio, Yoshi's Island, and Limbo. I'd start with those too. You have lots of short games too, I'd definitely start with those and it will really help to get your backlog down, not that you even have much of a backlog.

As for the NES Classics, have you never played Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Zelda II? If not, you definitely need to check them out. Just remember that if you are seriously stuck, don't hesitate to use a guide to figure out where to go next. It's not wussing out, and it will actually improve the game for you. And don't kid yourself, almost everyone who beat those games as a kid used Nintendo Power guides to get through them.

I'd just pass on Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed 1, and Dead Rising. FO3 and DR were rather boring to me, and AC1 should just be skipped entirely for AC2 and future AC games.

Personally I would put Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, and the Super Mario Bros. games at the top of your list. If you happen to have little kids to play it with, proceed to Kinect Party immediately.

Like someone else said, some of those aren't really games to beat, or are you talking trophy/achievements? Also, some are more play whenever games, not focused, lengthy campaigns. For example, I love PAC-Man DX, but it's more of a game that I play here and there since I already have all the trophies, and it's a game I don't really consider beaten.

I'd also put Minish Cap towards the top of your GBA list. My favorite handheld Zelda.

Also loved Fallout 3 GOTY. But, as I got closer to "finishing" (story and trophies), the game would freeze up, like every 15 minutes. Man! So aggravating. Just a heads up that you may have to Google for ways to fix the freezes and save way more often.

inFAMOUS was a great game, too. It has a karmic element like Fallout 3.

Maybe put LBP GOTY up there somewhere. Some parts are just more fun with co-op play (some things you can't do on your own either) and there aren't as many people online as it is an older game.

On :ps3: go with infamous
On :360: go with Dead Rising

Or you can throw all those into a box, send it to me with a pre-paid SASP, and I''ll rearrange them very nicely for you... ;)

bread's done
Back