Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 3 Slim 160GB $229 at Best Buy (Online/B&M)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 NonShalant

NonShalant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

would i be a fool to buy a ps3 in 2013? I mean, systems are coming

Depends on your situation. If u already have a 360 & no ps3 exclusives appeal to u then there is no point. But waiting on consoles that r SUPPOSED to drop in 11 months leaves a lot of down time for gaming. Then say u get the new console, play what u want from the launch window and there's a dead period. U can always play games u missed from the previous Gen. This will be the 1st Gen I carry my consoles over because I highly doubt the new consoles will be backwards compatible.

#32 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Something is always coming. Don't buy anything, ever, again, because the next big thing is almos... DAMN IT!

But yeah, Sony needs to keep losing money every year, and rushing out the PS4 would certainly help.

#33 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Something is always coming. Don't buy anything, ever, again, because the next big thing is almos... DAMN IT!

But yeah, Sony needs to keep losing money every year, and rushing out the PS4 would certainly help.

Haha, I know. Justt wait it out it will get cheaper. Dont bother with them, buy and play gameboy games.

#34 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hopefully Sony announces a price drop to $200 during E3. Then retailers slash it down to $150 for bf. hopefully I'll be at least half was closer to beating my backlog.

#35 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Not if you don't have one and want to play PS3 exclusives.

I wouldn't count on the PS4 being backward compatible, but that being said, you may be able to snag a PS3 cheap(er) post E3/post PS4 launch.

#36 sirdan357

sirdan357

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I just bought the refurbished model of this from the Sony Store for $200. My old fat PS3 just died and I wanted to replace it for as little as possible. Luckily Sony had a promotion going on to where I could buy $200 worth of gift credit and get $40 back. I think that promo is over, but you still might be able to save a little cash buying a refurb unit, plus it comes with the full 1 year warranty if you buy it from Sony.

Not really. There are plenty of good games coming out this year. Chances are the new consoles won't be worth buying until 6 months after launch anyway, assuming they actually get released this fall.

#37 tekron

tekron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I actually just returned a wii u because of how unimpressed i was ... if i could play a first person shooter with 360 graphics and motion capability i'd be filling that void between xbox and wii. killzone 3 looks fun with the move, but not sure that warrants a purchase alone

#38 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

It never really pays to buy the console at launch, since there are so few games initially, and it takes so long for the software library to become worthwhile (not to mention problems with the initial hardware that get fixed in subsequent revisions). A lot of the wii u launch titles are inferior ports to the comparable ps3/xbox360 ones. You can always wait to confirm whether or not ps4 has any backwards compatability, since ps4/xbox720 will blow away wii u.

I'll eventually get a wii u for the exclusive titles, after the price goes down.