1463 replies to this topic

#331 Cambot

Cambot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image
Frogger by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Found this at an army surplus store in my hometown. Friend of mine told me they started selling odds and ends, and that it was worth a look. He was right. Six dollars, and it came with the game, instructions, and the Coleco battery adapter. Will look good on my gaming shelf.

Beautiful. This brings back pangs of nostalgia for me. I love this thread. I used to cruse the thrifts looking for games, but I sort of began reaching critical mass a couple years ago. LOL. Search my posts history, and you'll see some doozies.

This thread is almost as much fun, and uses less gas.

#332 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

An odd and eclectic GW shopping weekend for sure, picked up the following:

Game Boy Printer, $3
SSBB Prima Guide, $1 (not as good as penny though)
NBA Jam TE for Genesis, $2.50
Rollcage Stage II, $1.50
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, $5

The DDR Mario Mix was kind of high, but it was for a complete good shape copy, so I figured why not. It's also funny that people were talking about the GB printer last week, and lo and behold one was just waiting there for me at one of the GW stops.

#333 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image
Frogger by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Found this at an army surplus store in my hometown. Friend of mine told me they started selling odds and ends, and that it was worth a look. He was right. Six dollars, and it came with the game, instructions, and the Coleco battery adapter. Will look good on my gaming shelf.

This is an awesome find! In the box?! :applause:

Why was that stuff being crushed? Did no one just have any clue what to do with it, and thus it was just assumed to be garbage? What happens with shit that doesn't sell, like the PS2 era sports titles that litter the shelves? Does it all eventually sell, or do they try to keep track of how long stuff has been sitting and just throw it in the dumpster if it doesn't sell after a month?

SAVERS is the same way for most stuff. Sometimes media gets pulled and repriced, but most of the time they crush it. It would break my heart to work there.

#334 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

SAVERS is the same way for most stuff. Sometimes media gets pulled and repriced, but most of the time they crush it. It would break my heart to work there.

Not all Goodwills crush, at least not at that store. If there's an outlet store in the area, the local stores will send their non-selling stuff there. The outlet sells stuff by the pound, so people are more inclined to buy the "junk" then.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#335 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Went to my local thrift store, which is owned by Orthodox Jewish people (I think), saw two NES controllers, the RF adapter, the power cable, four games. The games were Final Fantasy, Tengen Tetris and some Sesame Streets. I passed on all of them, since I couldn't find the freakin' console. I could've gotten a reasonable deal on all of them maybe $20, but I just didn't feel like it.

Batsugunner.png

#336 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Thank you!! :bouncy: If I think of anything else I will be sure to ask I really appreciate it!

No problem at all. Anything to expose one of the more fake corporations in America, and to help out a fellow CAG. :bouncy:

#337 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Went to my local thrift store, which is owned by Orthodox Jewish people (I think), saw two NES controllers, the RF adapter, the power cable, four games. The games were Final Fantasy, Tengen Tetris and some Sesame Streets. I passed on all of them, since I couldn't find the freakin' console. I could've gotten a reasonable deal on all of them maybe $20, but I just didn't feel like it.

just final fantasy or tengen tetris would be more than $20 from the game stores around here >.> you just passed up a good deal

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#338 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here are a few of my finds.

I'm not sure if you'd call this a thrift store find or not, but my coworker was hard up on cash and sold me all of these for $25.

Posted Image

Snagged this stuff over a span of time. The other workers put the GC games out at $0.50 each. I bought them because I didn't want them to go to a flea market, and it was simply too good of a deal to pass up. I actually have another copy of Paper Mario too, that I cannot seem to find. I was really hoping to find Luigi's Mansion that day. I also got the Jordan backpack there, fifty cents.

The Sega games were funny. My friend I bought the Pokemon games off of, he was mad and sick of his job. He sold everything to me for $0.25 each. I actually had more Sega stuff, I just can't seem to dig it out. Whenever I checked out, he told me to go get the rest of the games.

Posted Image

I also found this vintage ninja turtles backpack. I'm trying to find it to get a picture of it.

I found this stuff by going to Goodwill on Sunday. As I told another user, Sunday seems to be the best day for me shopping, and when I worked there it was when the most stuff was put out due to a shorter shift, you have a greater chance at finding something.

#339 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

No problem at all. Anything to expose one of the more fake corporations in America, and to help out a fellow CAG. :bouncy:

Goodwill's prices are always terrible whenever i find something :bomb: They are a fake corporation :lol:
I'm gonna head there this Sunday though so here's hoping I find something half decent....lol
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#340 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Goodwill's prices are always terrible whenever i find something :bomb: They are a fake corporation :lol:
I'm gonna head there this Sunday though so here's hoping I find something half decent....lol

I don't have many kind words to say about them. I did meet some great people though who worked there, and who came in the store. It was a fun job, minus all the bs and dumb policies. The prices are likely a result of lack of knowledge from management. We weren't allowed to look up prices at our store, the division people said it took too much time and wasted production.

Try it though! The worst thing that can happen is you come out empty handed and still have cash in your pocket. The people that practical camp there, are the ones that get the good stuff though. There were people at my store that would come in 3-4 times a day. Were I live in a small Kentucky town though, you know, many of them did it for just something to do, and others did it to resell.

The more you go, the more likely you are to find something. If you are looking for good deals too, I'd suggest the lowball auctions on here, and even staying up to date with your local craigslist, or online classifieds. A lot of areas have some sort of group on facebook for trading. You can haggle those people pretty easy. My favorite line is "(Insert your price here), and I will pick it up today". Usually gets them!

Best of luck with your Goodwill adventures though. Let us know how it goes!

#341 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Here are a few of my finds.

I'm not sure if you'd call this a thrift store find or not, but my coworker was hard up on cash and sold me all of these for $25.

Posted Image

Snagged this stuff over a span of time. The other workers put the GC games out at $0.50 each. I bought them because I didn't want them to go to a flea market, and it was simply too good of a deal to pass up. I actually have another copy of Paper Mario too, that I cannot seem to find. I was really hoping to find Luigi's Mansion that day. I also got the Jordan backpack there, fifty cents.

Definitely jealous of this. I'm collecting pokemon games and don't even have any of my old copies since they're lost. I also have that pokedex but don't even know where that is also.

The only thing I got from goodwill was Street Fighter II for the SNES it was faded and it was 6 dollars but due to the sale I got it for 3 and was happy with that since I love SF.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#342 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Definitely jealous of this. I'm collecting pokemon games and don't even have any of my old copies since they're lost. I also have that pokedex but don't even know where that is also.

The only thing I got from goodwill was Street Fighter II for the SNES it was faded and it was 6 dollars but due to the sale I got it for 3 and was happy with that since I love SF.

I actually sold each game on eBay for $25 each. I have all of these games already from my childhood put up with my other keepsakes. My grandmother purchased them for me, so I value them dearly and want to keep my original copies from her. Plus you know, some day those will be worth some money. I did keep Pearl for myself though.

It was a good deal I felt bad about buying those games at that price, but my friend/coworker needed the gas money, and I wanted those games. I actually have an extra copy of Pokemon Silver if you are interested, PM me and we could work something out.

#343 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hey all, not new to the boards, but new to this section!

A friend of mine had recently been posting his retro gaming finds on Facebook (lots of thriftshops especially), which inspired me to go "on the hunt" myself more actively. Today I picked up Goldeneye 007 for the N64 for $1.75 at a local Salvation Army thrift shop. Not too shabby.

Looking forward to reading about more of your finds and posting some of my own! :)

#344 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

The Pokedex could fetch $25 alone. Especially since it is the OG Pokedex. Does it still work?

#345 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

The Pokedex could fetch $25 alone. Especially since it is the OG Pokedex. Does it still work?

Yeah, still works. When I was a kid, I couldn't figure out how to work it, so the battery is still good.

I forgot to mention that the Pokedex was mine.

#346 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Picked up :ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak for 2.92 and the Gamecube Power Block for 4.97. (For a Friend) at a local Thrift Store. My Bro also picked up a N-Strike Maverick. Finally glad to see a reasonably priced game, hopefully they have more. (They were trying to sell an Atari 2600 for 100+. Lol)

The other thrift stores was pretty much the same cept for a few things. One of them had a bare bones Gamecube for $20 and their games were priced at 5, but it was all shovelware. They also had 5 PS1s priced at 24.99 each, no wires. :lol: Another had a change in game inventory and pricing. All their games were priced at $6+ and they had a RetroN 3 Video Gaming System for $39.99. There is always a store wide 50% off but I didn't feel like biting.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#347 ChuckT

ChuckT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yeah - I couldn't believe it. I have a few tabletop games in my collection, but this is my first boxed game. Hopefully I get the man cave set up this year so I can put everything on display - my collection is reaching epic proportions.

#348 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

If you're talking about the one by where the hi-way pizza used to be ( the shopping plazza off westerly parkway), it's terrible >.>

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#349 lude21

lude21

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Bad move...

#350 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

If you're talking about the one by where the hi-way pizza used to be ( the shopping plazza off westerly parkway), it's terrible >.>

Lol YUP!!! But there are no other Thrift Stores/Good Wills near State College so I'm kinda out of luck... :-(

Best I ever got from there was a few Mario gamecube games priced at $4 each. That was months ago :lol:

I've also noticed lately that every old game (regardless of if it's a sports title or some other crap) get's put behind the glass case as if it were valuable. I've been going to this Goodwill for a little over a year now and never even saw NES games. Just a couple months ago I finally found one (behind the glass case) and asked the price. $15 for the mario/duck hunt game... smh xD Have seen the same thing happen with old sports games...

Edited by highoffcoffee496, 26 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#351 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Lol YUP!!! But there are no other Thrift Stores/Good Wills near State College so I'm kinda out of luck... :-(

Best I ever got from there was a few Mario gamecube games priced at $4 each. That was months ago :lol:

I've also noticed lately that every old game (regardless of if it's a sports title or some other crap) get's put behind the glass case as if it were valuable. I've been going to this Goodwill for a little over a year now and never even saw NES games. Just a couple months ago I finally found one (behind the glass case) and asked the price. $15 for the mario/duck hunt game... smh xD Have seen the same thing happen with old sports games...

I was just there saturday, Wimbledon (genesis) and 2 umd only games were behind the case, whereas random game for gamecube, ps1, ps2, and old pc games were randomly in the dvd / cd area.

the one in Lewistown (I believe it is technically still Burnham) is much better, if you feel like braving the seven mountains. (taking 322).

I've found many good tings there, also the blockbuster right near the goodwill is going out of business good sales.

Designed by Lilchiji

#352 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

My Bro also picked up a N-Strike Maverick.

I see like 5 of these every time I go to a Good Will. I keep telling myself I'm going to get one and paint it like one of these, but I haven't done it yet.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#353 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

I was just there saturday, Wimbledon (genesis) and 2 umd only games were behind the case, whereas random game for gamecube, ps1, ps2, and old pc games were randomly in the dvd / cd area.

the one in Lewistown (I believe it is technically still Burnham) is much better, if you feel like braving the seven mountains. (taking 322).

I've found many good tings there, also the blockbuster right near the goodwill is going out of business good sales.

I just map quested it; 40 min drive...ugg >_<
I'm on Spring Break after this week so maybe I'll take the drive up. Just not sure if it's worth the gas money if I come away with nothing :lol::-k

Thanks for the advice though :) I'll prob head up there eventually and if it pays off I'll go back occasionally

What have you found up there?
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#354 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I was pumped bc i saw marvel vs capcom ps1 for $3.00 at good will. Then i opened it and there was no disc. I asked the girl at checkout if i could have the case and she said no and the threw it in the garbage.
Posted Image

#355 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I see like 5 of these every time I go to a Good Will. I keep telling myself I'm going to get one and paint it like one of these, but I haven't done it yet.

I have at least 2 of each of the N-Strike guns in storage, and now I want to do some modding thanks to that link. I already have no free time though.... :cry:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#356 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I just map quested it; 40 min drive...ugg >_<
I'm on Spring Break after this week so maybe I'll take the drive up. Just not sure if it's worth the gas money if I come away with nothing :lol::-k

Thanks for the advice though :) I'll prob head up there eventually and if it pays off I'll go back occasionally

What have you found up there?

CIB 3do long boxes for $5 each (which i left sit) >.>, 2 atari games for $3 ea, they have had several games that I was not interested in for $3, CIB such as animal crossing GCN, and several others, My sister has picked up several target salvaged items, I 've picked up several books, that were pretty much brand new as well.

Designed by Lilchiji

#357 lude21

lude21

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I was pumped bc i saw marvel vs capcom ps1 for $3.00 at good will. Then i opened it and there was no disc. I asked the girl at checkout if i could have the case and she said no and the threw it in the garbage.

What a bitch....

#358 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

What a bitch....

To be fair, for all she knew he could have been the person who stole the disc and went back for the case.

#359 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

It's policy. My friend had a baby at his counter and he stuck a pin on the kid's shirt because he was crying. He got chewed out awful over that by the division workers. Goodwill does not believe in freebies. They would rather throw items away or crush them than having a free bin in the store.

She was just doing her job.

#360 200STM

200STM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

I did pretty good today on my day off goodwill finds. I got: Gameboy Printer Boxed complete (open but in good condition) $1.99
Suikoden $4.99 (I have this already just planing to sell it or to trade)
Alundra $4.99 (complete) (I had girlwood when I saw this)
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt .99cents (Not Pictured)
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29532