2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#31 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

I was just joking around. Isn't dj hero pretty dead at this point?

Lol. I know. Yeah it is, the games are like .99-1.99 at Gamestop.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

My local thrift store actually had DJ Hero II Legends of Rock controller for $20. I can get it for $3 on eBay. XD

I think you mean Guitar Hero 3. :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Gotta get a pic

Got an autographed Brent Spiner CD for $2. (The autograph looks legit, when compared to his autograph in the past several years)

It's in the car or I'd get the title. Not bad stuff really.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#34 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

My local thrift store actually had DJ Hero II Legends of Rock controller for $20. I can get it for $3 on eBay. XD

The guitar controller? For what system? Because the wireless guitars for the 360 and PS3 go for $50+ all the time on eBay and Amazon.

I just found two GH3 guitars for the PS3 at GW today for $2, once I get them cleaned up and tested, they are going straight to Amazon, where they usually sell within a day or two.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#35 Sizemore44

Sizemore44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

I've seen more than I've bought. The goodwill near my work had 2 GBA's for $2 each, but I didn't have a dime on me then. I bought NHL 2001 for the pc for 2.50, it was still sealed. I also recently bought a Dreamcast, no cables or controllers for $4. I still don't know if it works, but it was funny because I randomly saw it in a bin of women's underwear. I know some are wondering, no there were no good panties in there.

#36 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

The guitar controller? For what system? Because the wireless guitars for the 360 and PS3 go for $50+ all the time on eBay and Amazon.

Sorry, I mistyped. It was Guitar Hero 2. No idea what system, it was behind the counter with a bunch of crap in front of it.

#37 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I see those guitars all the time for $4 apiece, I figured noone bought that crap anymore which is why theyre sitting on GW shelves. I always have a good laugh when I see DJ Hero stuff on Craigslist for $30+ because Big Lots has stacks of them for $25 new.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#38 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

after seeing this thread i decided to check out my local thrift stores... Goodwill had TONS of new games but all were Target clearance with the target price crossed out and a HIGHER price labeled on it..
did pick up Crash Team Racing (PS1) at Community Aid complete with no scratches for $3.99

#39 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Goodwill becoming bureaucratic! Just like the govt making money from the ignorant and poor by selling them lottery tickets, GW flipping goods for profit.

Thought they exist to help the unfortunate and not trying to sell them stuff that are more expensive than new.

#40 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Goodwill becoming bureaucratic! Just like the govt making money from the ignorant and poor by selling them lottery tickets, GW flipping goods for profit.

Thought they exist to help the unfortunate and not trying to sell them stuff that are more expensive than new.

Goodwill exists to provide jobs and training for disadvantaged propel. I think some of their prices are too high, but the stores exist to make money.

#41 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Another so-so weekend, only thing I found worth getting was :wii: Beatles Rock Band in mint shape for $5. Higher than I would normally spend, but this is one of the few RB / GH games that has mostly held its value over time (for obvious reasons). I was in a hurry that day, didn't get to check to see if they had the matching guitars (which the Beatles exclusives can sell for a bit).

Also I remember seeing NBA 2K3 for GCN there, but now I'm second guessing myself, not too sure if it was NCAA 2K3 instead, I really have to memorize the valuable sports games (I don't have a smart phone / tablet to check vgpc.com on the fly :cry:).

#42 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I saw NBA 2K13 and Just Dance 4 for the Wii U at my goodwill. 2K13 was priced at $40 and Just Dance was $35. Passed on both, but thought it was weird that Goodwill had Wii U games. Also saw a copy of Forza Horizon there.........for $50 :roll:
Posted Image

#43 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

HA the difference between my 3 local GWs is amazing.

1. had $4 on a NES game that had a $1 sticker from the used gamestore right next door, had $16 on a dirty cartridge only Super Mario Bros 3.

2. Nothing, lookin especially crappy today

3. The one that had the $28 Little Mermaid VHS.........complete Mario Kart 7 and Super Smash Bros Melee without the instructions I picked up for $7.54!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#44 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Goodwill exists to provide jobs and training for disadvantaged propel.

I work with several Goodwill employees, and I'm glad I work with them. They are fun and really good people.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#45 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Major haul today. Parasite Eve II basically new, a couple of vintage lenses and about 100 lbs of Lego. I spent a lot but will recoup quite a bit and then-some after some flipping.

#46 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Picked up a PS2 Slim today for $15. Same store had a PSX the other day $19.99, console only with no cords or controllers :roll:.

Hoping another Xbox pops up soon. Thinking about making a slim box, since I've been on a bit of a modding streak lately.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#47 200STM

200STM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

So far this month I have found a pink GBA SP in great condition for 8$, and Mario Party 5 for 3$ complete so awesome! I am going tomorrow to checkout more. I am a greedy pony need to make sure I clean out before the others and video game store employees come in

#48 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Picked up a Cisco wireless router for $5, nothing is wrong with it. I guess the previous owner just wanted to upgrade to Wireless N.

Anyway, I already flashed it with DD-WRT and I'm thinking about using it as a bridge to put next to my TV so I can hook up my Xbox to my network again.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#49 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Major haul today. Parasite Eve II basically new, a couple of vintage lenses and about 100 lbs of Lego. I spent a lot but will recoup quite a bit and then-some after some flipping.

Do random loose legos have any value? I see them from time to time, but I wasn't aware of them selling for a whole lot on eBay.

#50 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Do random loose legos have any value? I see them from time to time, but I wasn't aware of them selling for a whole lot on eBay.

Yup

#51 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I think the rule of thumb is $5 a pound, Minifigs $1 or more each, old legos??? I think they are thinner, but I am not a lego guy.

#52 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think the rule of thumb is $5 a pound, Minifigs $1 or more each, old legos??? I think they are thinner, but I am not a lego guy.

right before i got these, I sold a 3 lb lot for $35. Minifigs are depoendent on what they are but generally provide the most bang for your buck. After I get done sorting and selling I'll pull in about $400 on top of what I spent.

#53 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Another common but valuable thing to look for are for the original, good condition My Little Pony toys (usually with 80's dates on the hooves), my wife picks them up for as little as $0.07 each, since they are part of the large random kids toy area (usually filled with Happy Meal toys in bins). My local GWs price them at 10 toys each for $1.50, which is only $0.75 on the half off days. Even the common ones can sell for $5-6 a piece, rare ones go for $10 or more.

Definitely not as masculine as Legos, but to be fair I have a daughter who loves them, so it's justified.

#54 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Today, I got a few lenses, the Laser Disc Star Wars Trilogy Collection, and a Holiday Edition of Munchkin. Spent about $60 for all that. The Munchkin itself will cover that.

#55 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Another common but valuable thing to look for are for the original, good condition My Little Pony toys (usually with 80's dates on the hooves), my wife picks them up for as little as $0.07 each, since they are part of the large random kids toy area (usually filled with Happy Meal toys in bins). My local GWs price them at 10 toys each for $1.50, which is only $0.75 on the half off days. Even the common ones can sell for $5-6 a piece, rare ones go for $10 or more.

Definitely not as masculine as Legos, but to be fair I have a daughter who loves them, so it's justified.

Funny you'd mention that, I found a bag full of MLP toys today marked $2.98. Unfortunately, I checked the hooves and they were from 2007. Doesn't seem to be much demand for that era since it isn't vintage and it also isn't related to the TV show.

#56 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

picked up College Hoops 2k8 @ Salvation Army for 9.99.. not a single scratch on it either

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#57 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Today, I got a few lenses, the Laser Disc Star Wars Trilogy Collection, and a Holiday Edition of Munchkin. Spent about $60 for all that. The Munchkin itself will cover that.

what kind of lenses?

#58 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Picked up a few things so far this year: Madden 2000 N64 Boxed, complete- $.95 Immortal NES Boxed, complete (like new) $1.99 and got mario kart on the ds for $1.99!

#59 2supekards

2supekards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Found a sealed copy of Adventure Island 2 for the NES for $3 (it does have damage on one side, but not that major).

Also what is meant by lenses? Are there any other toys other than legos and my little ponies?

#60 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I assume he means camera lenses...Some are quite expensive.