2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#961 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

That is the first I've ever seen of that. I've always referred to the PSX as the playstation that had the composite output. Had no idea THAT was a real thing.

Also after looking a bit, this seems like a Japan only release so that explains its scarcity.

#962 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

On the note of odd PS1 systems, anyone here ever own / seen a Net Yaroze?  I remember reading about that in PSM years ago as the console programming revolution, but it never really caught on (obviously because it was a $750 PS1).

Anyways, here were my finds so far this week, $2 each.  If only it was MML2 and SoR3, but can't complain either way.  Playing these again brought back some serious nostalgia, as they were both some of my favorite games for their respective platforms.

9143463401_7105f3b368_z.jpg

#963 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

On the note of odd PS1 systems, anyone here ever own / seen a Net Yaroze?  I remember reading about that in PSM years ago as the console programming revolution, but it never really caught on (obviously because it was a $750 PS1).

I remember that PSN article, because it inspired me to paint my PS1 flat black, because it looked so much cooler than grey.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#964 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I just got a PSX for 8$ In working condition. Best deal ever. 

#965 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Nice pickup a little earlier today from the county thrift store. Picked up a guitar hero Aerosmith guitar and a guitar hero world guitar for $4.50. Both are for 360, wireless, and work just fine :-)

#966 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

Not video game related but just moved to the Hilton Head Island (SC) area and this place is a mecca for thrift shops.

In the past week I've bought: 

-2 Nike ThermaFit Hoodies - brand new - $3.99 each.....retail for $70

-Pair of vintage Nike AirMaxes - decent condition - $3....going rate for them now is around $100+ on eBay.

Just gotta know what to look for.

#967 wheels

wheels

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Found these today

A3152065-C26E-4B86-9272-61761BDC2BC2-649

Controller $4
Tomcat alley $2
Kain $3
Ps1 card game $2

#968 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Update from last post- Model 1 SNES= all cleaned up and fuse replaced. Model 2 SNES= DEAD, kept the shell just incase I find a beat up Model 2 in the future. 

Today- saw N64/PS2/SNES games........all sports crap. Digging through the bins I found a NES with controller for $10. Needs a cleaning, good thing I just got that Gamebit screwdriver from Amazon!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#969 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I found a PSX for .50. No cords or anything, but I already have a PSX, and just got this one for a spare. At the same time I picked up Guitar Hero 3, XBox 360 version, for another .50

#970 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

LOL im only 2 posts back but here goes-

2 system only slim PS2s- $6 apiece, one doesnt have a "Line" input and the other does. I didnt know they removed them.

The Getaway for PS2, complete- $3

Street League Nyjah Huston finger skateboard, brand new- $2, had total flashbacks of 8th grade and had to get it.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#971 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

Found Omega Boost complete for ps1 for 1.99 and Worms Armageddon disc only for .99. Already had Worms but was cheap enough to be worth it as trade bait.
www.vg-force.com

#972 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Went for a drive and on the way back, spotted a thrift store.
We stopped in, I found a game guide for Zelda Twilight Princess (GameCube) - 50 cents
Hubby went poking around and found a box with a Playstation one, labeled as is, parts only along with all cables and and controller and a demo disk. $4.00. I just brought it home and played Gran Turismo. I got a $4 Playstation bundle!

Then hit my local goodwill, and found a Platinum GameCube with cables, gameboy player attachment, startup disk and link cable for $4.97.

Had a pretty good day thrift shopping today!

#973 pepsiguy_2

pepsiguy_2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

There's a small, small thrift store right across the street. I've been living here over a year and never peeked. Although, through the windows all I see are baggy and old clothes. Never went in. I love hearing success stories. But, I'm scared to go in. Should I?

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#974 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't see what reason you could possibly have for not going in. If it sucks, you know to not go back. The place could secretly be full of murderers, but the same could be said for any other building.

#975 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

I think this photo I took yesterday speaks for itself....

X8RXCji.jpg

#976 PepsiWithDeathclaw

PepsiWithDeathclaw

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

.....I....uh.....

What the Fuck

Posted Image

#977 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

The best part was after I looked at it, a reseller came in and got really excited then saw the price tag and lost her shit and started screaming at all the employees. Nothing is better than watching a reseller get a taste off their own medicine! 

#978 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

And here I thought the $99.99 one I saw as SA was dumb.

New sig coming soon.

#979 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

And here I thought the $99.99 one I saw as SA was dumb.

Puhlease, if I see Goodwill put a $30 sticker on one I pass. If someone else wants to pay that, go for it. But I wont! They didnt pay a penny for that!

#980 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

Well to be fair, the people that shop at goodwill are generally very wealthy and can easily afford to pay 4 times the ebay price for a dirty nintendo with no games

#981 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think this photo I took yesterday speaks for itself....X8RXCji.jpg

Yikes, $250 for a dirty NES? That's crazy. LOL Is each accessory labeled $24.99 or $249.99?
I see part of the price tag on the NES Advantage.
Is that Goodwill in a not so great part of town?

I've noticed that the goodwill in a nice neighborhood that I go to all the time has really low prices, while the 2 further away and in the bad part of town have ridiculously high prices. Anyone else's goodwill have weird pricing differences?

#982 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Its $249.99 for all of it. There was a stack of common games but they were $6 each.

It was in like a middle class town but the inside of the store is extremely unorganized and dirty

#983 PepsiWithDeathclaw

PepsiWithDeathclaw

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yikes, $250 for a dirty NES? That's crazy. LOL Is each accessory labeled $24.99 or $249.99?
I see part of the price tag on the NES Advantage.
Is that Goodwill in a not so great part of town?

I've noticed that the goodwill in a nice neighborhood that I go to all the time has really low prices, while the 2 further away and in the bad part of town have ridiculously high prices. Anyone else's goodwill have weird pricing differences?

Yeah, The one near my house (Relatively bad neighborhood) prices every game, No matter how old or crappy at $4.99,  Including a copy of Madden 2001 that has been sitting there since the store opened in April, And if it's on a cartridge, They put it in the display case and put a $10 price sticker on it.

However, The one out by the local mall and subdivision prices every game at $1.99 and doesn't check the values at all, I've found Black Label FFVII's and NASCAR Racing 2003 for $1.99 each there on multiple occasions.

Posted Image

#984 200STM

200STM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

My closest goodwill prices their games at $4.99 mostly though a few times I have found higher prices on old cart games. I once saw a boxed complete NES with 9 boxed games (mostly commons best game there was super mario bros 2 boxed) some older guy actually paid 149.99 for it. I needed a spare N64 system and I found a normal one with two controllers (a broken red joypad and a normal grey controller) av/ac cables thought the console itself was dirty I got it for $14.99 I have cleaned it up and use it to game on while my clear Grey N64 sits in showcase mode.

#985 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

last weekend i picked up

Sonic All Star Racing (wii)- 3.99

Dragon Ballz Tenkaichi 2 (wii)- 3.99

Civilization V guide-$1.00

PS1 Memory card-.50

Mad Catz 'Legacy Console' GS cord thing (sealed)- $1.00

kicking myself for not picking up a N64 with no video cable or controller...for 10 bucks

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#986 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

After another dry spell, I had a pretty decent haul today.  I wasn't even planning on going, since we are trying to cut back on spending, but I'm glad I stopped in.

The big winner for tonight was a box that happened to come out from the back shortly after we got up there: A box of Genesis stuff. I didn't see it at first, and some younger guys were eyeing it up for I got to it.  As soon as I saw a few of the games and one of the guys with his phone out, I was about to start kicking myself.  Then by some stroke of luck, he put everything back into the box and walked away.  Without hesitation, I swept in and snatched it up.  Here's what it had in it, for $30 (actually $24 after 20% discount):

DSCN1583_zps8f82f307.jpg

The contents:

One Genesis 1 console with RF and AC adapter.

One extra AC adapter

Five controllers, some third party, some not.

One controller extension

One sealed PS1 video cord (???)

Games (Cart only):

Sonic 3

Pigskin Footbrawl

Joe Montana Football

Road Rash 2 (small cart)

Columns

Games (CIB):

The Little Mermaid

Monopoly

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Road Rash 2 (EA big cart)

Road Rash 3

NHLPA Hockey 93

Pitfall

Desert Strike

Toy Story

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic Spinball (sealed w/ TRU security tag)

Castlevania Bloodlines

I'll post the rest of my pick-ups tomorrow.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#987 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

After another dry spell, I had a pretty decent haul today.  I wasn't even planning on going, since we are trying to cut back on spending, but I'm glad I stopped in.

The big winner for tonight was a box that happened to come out from the back shortly after we got up there: A box of Genesis stuff. I didn't see it at first, and some younger guys were eyeing it up for I got to it.  As soon as I saw a few of the games and one of the guys with his phone out, I was about to start kicking myself.  Then by some stroke of luck, he put everything back into the box and walked away.  Without hesitation, I swept in and snatched it up.  Here's what it had in it, for $30 (actually $24 after 20% discount):

DSCN1583_zps8f82f307.jpg

The contents:

One Genesis 1 console with RF and AC adapter.

One extra AC adapter

Five controllers, some third party, some not.

One controller extension

One sealed PS1 video cord (???)

Games (Cart only):

Sonic 3

Pigskin Footbrawl

Joe Montana Football

Road Rash 2 (small cart)

Columns

Games (CIB):

The Little Mermaid

Monopoly

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Road Rash 2 (EA big cart)

Road Rash 3

NHLPA Hockey 93

Pitfall

Desert Strike

Toy Story

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic Spinball (sealed w/ TRU security tag)

Castlevania Bloodlines

I'll post the rest of my pick-ups tomorrow.

As long as that wasn't the Robinson goodwill, I'm cool with that... But why did the guy put it back...

#988 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

I was about to start kicking myself.  Then by some stroke of luck, he put everything back into the box and walked away.  Without hesitation, I swept in and snatched it up.  Here's what it had in it, for $30 (actually $24 after 20% discount):

The same thing happened with my gamecube find last weekend, a guy was looking at it and then wandered off to look on his phone. I grabbed it when he walked off. Then he sort of followed me around the store which was creepy as hell, guess he was hoping I'd set it down.

Goodwill rules of shopping, you want something, you hold onto it. If I want to look something up, I will hold onto said item and look it up.
It's not even safe in your cart. One time I was picking out books for my kids and some lady started rifling through my cart, lmao.

#989 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's not even safe in your cart. One time I was picking out books for my kids and some lady started rifling through my cart, lmao.

Dem's fightin' actions man...

Seriously, I've seen people lose limbs over actions like that.

#990 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

As long as that wasn't the Robinson goodwill, I'm cool with that... But why did the guy put it back...

Nah, it was the North Huntingdon Goodwill.  I don't like the one in Robinson; they always seem to overprice.  Aside from that one lucky bastard that got the dirt cheap iPad the weekend they opened.

Anyways, some of the other stuff I picked up (prices before the 20% discount):

Pokemon the First Movie DVD - $1

Ted Blu/DVD (No UV code) - $2

Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 (the fiance wanted this one- $10 for all

1996 Hasbro Star Wars Storm Trooper black blaster - $1

Spyro :ps1: complete - $1

6" Koopa Troopa plush - $.50

Talking Sid the Science Kid plush - $.50 (I'm torn on this because my kids love the show, but it's going for $40+ on Amazon right now)