2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#1381 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Picked up a Game Boy Color (Atomic Purple) and a Game Boy Advance (Clear Glacier) for $8 each yesterday.  It was more than I would normally spend, but my recent lack of finding deals pushed me towards buying both of them anyways.

#1382 bozemanriverrat

bozemanriverrat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

Walked into the local Salvation Army and for $2 each walked out with:

-Parasite Eve

-Metal Gear Solid

-Final Fantasy VII

(All Black label)

-Soul Blade

-Syphon Filter

-Tenchu Stealth Assassins

FFVII has a couple of cracks in the case but all are CIB with perfect discs and manuals.

#1383 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Nothing noteworthy. Some Dude got to the DVD aisle before me in Salvation Army's Monthly 50% Off Sale. 

Picked up an Eragon Motion Picture Soundtrack for $1. A Rei Ayanami Figure CIB (Not really) for $4.25 and Star Wars IV A New Hope on Dvd for $1.50. 

Didn't think about looking at the Games since they're red tagged at a high price. And Red Tags are excluded. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1384 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Finally found some stuff,not inphoto, a game gear with 15-20 games for14.99, a teddy ruxpin in good condition.

and this.

photo1_zpsc0031b13.jpg

#1385 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Nice games! I've been lookin' for Zelda Four Swords for a while :(

#1386 Sizemore44

Sizemore44

Old School Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

I go to Goodwill several times a month, most of the time it's just junk that they've overpriced.  I've seen ps2 sports games for 5 dollars, etc.  At the one particular Goodwill that this is notorius for, my wife found Baseball Stars for a quarter.  I've found a GBA SP and it had a Madden 07 game in it for 3 dollars.  

The one near my job is a lot better.  I've found several N64 games, Turok 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, WWF No Mercy and one more I can't recall for 1 dollar a piece.  I also found Super Mario Brothers 3 and Mike Tyson's Punchout for a dollar. My biggest non video game score though is a Mitchell and Ness Vintage Hockey Chicago Blackhawks zip up hoodie for $4.25!

Forgot about: Nintendogs 3DS for a dollar.  My wife will be excited to get that dollar Christmas present.

#1387 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Today's goodwill purchases:

wireless GH guitar(xbox 360) -$5

ps2 fat with cords -$7.50

The Ultimate Collection starring Johnny Carson Vol 1-3(dvd) -$2

#1388 bozemanriverrat

bozemanriverrat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

I, uh...., found a copy of NBA 2k14 for the PS4 at Goodwill for $25.

Don't have a PS4 yet so I'm thinking about just taking it to Gamestop tonight and getting the $34 credit for it towards Super Mario 3D World. Guess if I was patient I could stick on craigslist for $40-45.

#1389 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

I, uh...., found a copy of NBA 2k14 for the PS4 at Goodwill for $25.

Don't have a PS4 yet so I'm thinking about just taking it to Gamestop tonight and getting the $34 credit for it towards Super Mario 3D World. Guess if I was patient I could stick on craigslist for $40-45.

pics or I don't believe you lol

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#1390 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Picked up a 20GB 360 with Left 4 Dead 2 forgotten inside of it at Goodwill today for $20. Powers on and is working too.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#1391 bozemanriverrat

bozemanriverrat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

pics or I don't believe you lol

How 'bout a video???

#1392 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

The Goodwill employee was probably BS'n you. If it was brand new sealed from Target why would they need to open it to check for a disc?! Especially if its in the glasscase up front. They gave me the same line when I saw GTA 5 in the case. When I got home I saw a nice ring around the second disc. Most likely this was bought from Target, returned, then they gave it to GW. I know Ive bought sealed games from there before......

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1393 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

I thought I had a worthwhile trip to GW yesterday, found Spyro and Rayman for PS1, both complete for $3, and I even found a dollar on the ground (which really surprised me for GW mind you).  Feeling good so far, I walk from the DVD / game section to the electronics section, and then my heart sunk as I saw a guy walking around with a good condition SNES with two controllers and all the hook-ups.  He said he *just* picked it up, which means if I would of gone to that section first, I would of had it.

And for the kicker, neither Spyro or Rayman loaded up on my PS2 (I'll have to drag out my PSone to check for sure), so apparently the only good thing I may have gotten out of the trip was the dollar.

#1394 micbelt

micbelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Picked up a 20GB 360 with Left 4 Dead 2 forgotten inside of it at Goodwill today for $20. Powers on and is working too.

you can trade that into bestbuy for a guaranteed $100 gc through tomorrow

micbelt.png

#1395 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

I thought I had a worthwhile trip to GW yesterday, found Spyro and Rayman for PS1, both complete for $3, and I even found a dollar on the ground (which really surprised me for GW mind you).  Feeling good so far, I walk from the DVD / game section to the electronics section, and then my heart sunk as I saw a guy walking around with a good condition SNES with two controllers and all the hook-ups.  He said he *just* picked it up, which means if I would of gone to that section first, I would of had it.

And for the kicker, neither Spyro or Rayman loaded up on my PS2 (I'll have to drag out my PSone to check for sure), so apparently the only good thing I may have gotten out of the trip was the dollar.

Try going in through the system browser on the ps2; I once found a Tetris Plus that worked but wouldn't auto-load for whatever reason.

The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1396 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Got a Sega Genesis model 2 for $9.99 at Goodwill yesterday.  It was only missing the a/v cable, so I just ordered it online.   

#1397 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Today's Goodwill purchases:

PS2 fat with cords -$15

Grand Theft Auto V(complete)(PS3) -$30

#1398 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

my goodwill is pretty much useless. with that being said i grabbed these two games for $6

NBA 2K1   2
not the greatest find in the world but i love NBA2K and these games are basically mint condition and anytime i find a dreamcast game in the wild i buy it.

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#1399 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Try going in through the system browser on the ps2; I once found a Tetris Plus that worked but wouldn't auto-load for whatever reason.

I tried going manually through the system browser on my fat PS2, no dice.  They both worked in the PSone after digging that out, though.  I think I've only had one other PS1 game not work on my PS2 (and it was pretty scratched up, these two were decidedly less so), not sure if this is a sign of my PS2 starting to fade (hopefully not).

#1400 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I picked up a Gamecube last month with no controller but complete otherwise for $13. I had a controller to match it from an earlier purchase so everything worked out well.

I've bought 4 consoles from Goodwill (helped my friend buy another so that is like five right?) all in working condition.

I'm a lucky bastard. 

#1401 Lord Darias

Lord Darias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

my goodwill is pretty much useless. with that being said i grabbed these two games for $6

not the greatest find in the world but i love NBA2K and these games are basically mint condition and anytime i find a dreamcast game in the wild i buy it.

There is a Half Price Books in my neck of the woods that has a stack of about 10-12 dreamcast games in their clearance section for $2 apiece...It started at about 25 games a few months back. All the basic sports titles so no diamonds in the rough really but decent titles for a good price...

#1402 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

I went to a Goodwill today and found some game guides with a purple tag on them. Did they just create this new tag color?

#1403 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

I went to a Goodwill today and found some game guides with a purple tag on them. Did they just create this new tag color?

Well, it may just be how the "department" the are in is coded. Some places I go have white, others have green and some have both.

You goodwill has genesis games though, so it is obviously better than mine and may be on some new shit. Mine never has any good retro games... but purple tags, that's new to me too

#1404 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Stopped into an out of the way Goodwill tonight.  While browsing I spot a copy of The Wraith on DVD.  I was pretty excited until I realized there was no tape on the spine.  Of course I open it to see the disc is missing.  :censored:

The stores seem to be re-arranging the media area, instead of being in the glass case all games and movies are now on a shelf in the back.  Also they seem to not care if any of this stuff is stolen because there is no tape sealing any of the cases.  Pretty much every item I picked up to buy had an empty case.  I finally gave up and left.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1405 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Stopped into an out of the way Goodwill tonight.  While browsing I spot a copy of The Wraith on DVD.  I was pretty excited until I realized there was no tape on the spine.  Of course I open it to see the disc is missing.  :censored:

The stores seem to be re-arranging the media area, instead of being in the glass case all games and movies are now on a shelf in the back.  Also they seem to not care if any of this stuff is stolen because there is no tape sealing any of the cases.  Pretty much every item I picked up to buy had an empty case.  I finally gave up and left.

did you happen to ask about it up front with the cashier? the one I was at this weekend had a sign about disc being behind the register

#1406 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

I didn't see a sign about that, also there were some with discs and some without.  Of course they were in the middle of changing the area so it might be up front. 

Doesn't matter though, apparently it was re-released.  I have found multiple copies on fleabay for a few bucks.  Last I saw it was OOP and difficult to find. 

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1407 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

All my local GWs have dvd binders at the checkout desk, been that way for about 3 years now because people were stealing discs. 

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1408 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

I've been to a few Goodwills that do the same.  Some games/movies will be in their cases, but anything deemed valuable will be put into a binder behind the counter.

#1409 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

I tried going manually through the system browser on my fat PS2, no dice.  They both worked in the PSone after digging that out, though.  I think I've only had one other PS1 game not work on my PS2 (and it was pretty scratched up, these two were decidedly less so), not sure if this is a sign of my PS2 starting to fade (hopefully not).

Hmm, interesting. Yeah, it could be something with the PS2 laser weakening / not being able to compensate for the scratches; the only other possibility I can think of is scratches to the top of the disc (I picked up a Digimon World from Goodwill once that had a super minor scratch to the top and a Near Mint bottom and the sucker just wouldn't load).

The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1410 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

SOMEONE HELP!  

I found a sealed copy of The Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe for the Phillips CD-i and I have NO idea what it is worth.  I can't find shit about a price online.  This game is notoriously stupid but apparently pretty rare.  Any info?  

Thanks guys :)

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600