2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#121 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I was back home in the Chicago area this week, but only had a chance to stop at one thrift store, the GW in St. John, and what an absolute waste of time. By far the WORST Goodwill I've ever been to.

Several copies of Start the Party, Sports Champions, DJ Hero (game only) for $20/ea. Electronics was a jumbled mess of overpriced garbage, as were the toys. 95% of the Target stuff was at regular Target price. And everything target had the price written on it in permanent marker. No thanks.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#122 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Nice haul yesterday. $22 for everything, and Modern Family is sealed.
Posted Image
Pics of the games. All of them have the manuals in a baggie.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#123 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

No games, but I found a pandigital photo scanner for $25 and a pack of brita maxtra water filters for $10 this afternoon. The scanner works and goes for $80 used on Amazon, while the filters will fit my mavea pitcher and would have cost me $30.

#124 jeffthebeast

jeffthebeast

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

stopped by a local salvation army that i have never stepped foot in and found a ton of crap but only got the two things pictured.
Posted Image
i paid 15 for the resident evil 4 controller and 2 buck for FFX. I don't know if all salvation armys are the same, but this particular one i was at has a group of church people that run it after 5pm on friday. All the money from everything that sales from 5pm till closing goes to the church. The guy told to always come on friday around this time because they put everything on sale and they sell the games as dvds which are only 2 bucks. Looks like ill be going back there a lot more often on fridays.

#125 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I Senor Thrift all the thrift stores. Thanks to them, I got all name brand electronics. I found this stuff recently

Zoujirushi Rice Cooker
Sunbeam Bread Maker
Kitchenaid Blenders "have six of them"
Convection Ovens "have a dual set for double cooking power"

Cost me less then 80 bucks.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#126 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

This weeks finds from GW:

All of these NES & SNES games were taped together for $20.. best one is Mega Man X!! They also had a a SNES console with 2 controllers & the game Magic Sword for $30, but it looked like it was in terrible condition.
Posted Image

Got these at a local thrift store for $3 each
Posted Image

Got these at another local thrift.. Prices range from $0.25 to $1, Blu-ray was $3
Posted Image

pretty damn good week, id say

#127 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

It's amazing how personal some people take resellers. Get over it. It's very pathetic and petty to care and disparage people who do it. Sorry I want to make extra money that in no way affects you.

I am for selling and making money, but you are a colossal idiot if you don't think it affects me. If you buy a complete copy of OoT for 20$ and sell it, that means I can't come in the next day and buy it and put it on my shelf forever. Let's even get more obvious, you resell it, now I can't.

#128 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Pretty damn good Thrift Stores you have there! Nice finds! :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#129 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Another great day. Suikoden 3 and 4, Tales of Legendia, Final Fantasy 7 Black Label, Vintage Transformers toy case with a bunch of accessories and cassettes, and the best, a Canon P Rangefinder with an LTM lens 50mm 1.2. Gonna make so much with this find.

#130 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I am for selling and making money, but you are a colossal idiot if you don't think it affects me. If you buy a complete copy of OoT for 20$ and sell it, that means I can't come in the next day and buy it and put it on my shelf forever. Let's even get more obvious, you resell it, now I can't.

ya snooze you lose. can't help the lazy people out.

#131 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image
60" (measured diagonally) rear projection TV, one of the best parts is I can play Duck Hunt again. That is my 360 at the lower right and NES advantage (also a thrift store find for 5$). The price is probably the best part, it was half off saturday. Guess how much? 15$ plus tax.

#132 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

ya snooze you lose. can't help the lazy people out.

I never said you had to, I just stated your argument was invalid.

#133 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Another great day. Suikoden 3 and 4, Tales of Legendia, Final Fantasy 7 Black Label, Vintage Transformers toy case with a bunch of accessories and cassettes, and the best, a Canon P Rangefinder with an LTM lens 50mm 1.2. Gonna make so much with this find.

damn, where did you find those rpg's at? How much did they go for?

#134 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I got the rpg's for $10 total

#135 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ok, you're upset because someone else's greed kept you from being greedy. Nice try.

elessar123.png

#136 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

stopped by a local salvation army that i have never stepped foot in and found a ton of crap but only got the two things pictured.
Posted Image
i paid 15 for the resident evil 4 controller and 2 buck for FFX. I don't know if all salvation armys are the same, but this particular one i was at has a group of church people that run it after 5pm on friday. All the money from everything that sales from 5pm till closing goes to the church. The guy told to always come on friday around this time because they put everything on sale and they sell the games as dvds which are only 2 bucks. Looks like ill be going back there a lot more often on fridays.

Damn I'm jealous.

#137 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Another slow weekend, only picked up :ps2: Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning for $4. At first I was mistaking it for the more valuable Dawn of the Dragon, but the game was a great condition, complete black label copy, so I figure for collector's sake it was still worth it to keep.

Plus it features the voice talents of Elijah Wood, David Spade and Gary Oldman, never knew that before. Goes to show that you do learn something new everyday, whether or not it's useful is another story.

#138 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Went to GW today. Picked up a Black 360 Controller for 9.99. Saw another White 360 Controller but I was satisfied with the one I got. Tested it, works great.

Found a Genesis with 2 Controllers for 19.99. Didn't have the wires. Saw a bare Xbox priced at 39.99.
Went to a non GW Thrift Store, they had an Xbox priced at $50 with 2 Controllers.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#139 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

picked these games up today at a thrift store..

some werr .99 cents to $2.98
in Total i paid $15 dollars for all 7
(They are all complete and all the GC games are scratch free)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#140 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Im so jelly of your Pikmin right now.

#141 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Pikmin? I'd be so estatic to find Phantasy Star 1&2 it's not even funny, awesome pickup.

I got a Crash Bandicoot collector's edition for the PS1 today (no outer sleeve, and no case for Crash Team Racing, CTR was stuffed in the Crash Bash case) and LotR War of the Ring PC for $5 total.

Posted Image

#142 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I honestly didn't know the value of PSO until i got home and checked ebay. lol

Posted Image

#143 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

You're going to make me cry ;_;

Posted Image

#144 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

lol
The only games that i knew about were Prince of Persia, Star wars, & Resident Evil 4. I picked up the other because of the cheap price.

:D

Posted Image

#145 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image
Black Xbox Controller for 9.99. Works wonderfully! Too bad it wasn't a Yellow Tag, otherwise, would've been better if it was $5. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#146 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

A brand new Princess Mononoke Art and Making of Book. $8 and it sells for quite a bit. Can't wait to flip it to you guys.

#147 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Picked up Pokemon Orange Islands Vol. 1 and the First Movie from Goodwill today.

#148 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hold onto the First Movie. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#149 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hold onto the First Movie. :lol:

Bought it when it first came out. Both DVDs are pure flipping...if I can get the stupid Sharpie off the cover. Damn snapper cases.

#150 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Didn't know that had any value. I have the straight-to-dvd sequel, Mewtwo Returns which looks to be worth about the same. I think it was the first DVD I got with my first DVD player (a PS2.) Heh.