2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#151 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Pikmin? I'd be so estatic to find Phantasy Star 1&2 it's not even funny, awesome pickup.

I got a Crash Bandicoot collector's edition for the PS1 today (no outer sleeve, and no case for Crash Team Racing, CTR was stuffed in the Crash Bash case) and LotR War of the Ring PC for $5 total.

Eerie! I just picked up a complete version(with slipcover) for $5. Everything is near mint too.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#152 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Niiice. I told them to hold on to it if the third case shows up, but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted Image

#153 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Didn't know that had any value. I have the straight-to-dvd sequel, Mewtwo Returns which looks to be worth about the same. I think it was the first DVD I got with my first DVD player (a PS2.) Heh.

Yea, Warners stopped making them a long time ago. They never even got regular DVD cases. They had a redone re-release a few years ago, but that one is OOP too.

#154 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yea, Warners stopped making them a long time ago. They never even got regular DVD cases. They had a redone re-release a few years ago, but that one is OOP too.

Used, The First Movie is not super-valuable, only about $15 on Amazon. The prices on new copies fluctuates alot too. Currently, lowest price is $60, just before Christmas I sold a sealed copy for $80, and earlier in the year I had a sealed copy go for only $46. The three used copies I've sold have only netted between $13-16.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#155 lude21

lude21

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I just recently found this movie at my flea mrk. For $2. Looks like it goes for 20-30 though...

#156 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I just recently found this movie at my flea mrk. For $2. Looks like it goes for 20-30 though...

I see they are going for a bit more on eBay. Oh well...

#157 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

The three used copies I've sold have only netted between $13-16.

Selling for $16 would be almost 3x my investment, so I wouldn't mind.

#158 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Picked up The Legend of Mana Music Selection CD for $3, looked around for the actual game, but couldn't find it (probably not donated). Deciding on whether or not to keep it, though I do like these limited pre-order bonus type deals.

#159 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image

Got Mario for .99 and The Hobbit for 1.99 at Goodwill. First NES game I have ever owned so pretty stoked for this.

#160 jeffthebeast

jeffthebeast

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Found a new thrift shop and the prices were very good. I got both of the f1 steering wheels and pedals for 2 a piece.
Posted Image

#161 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

went to a random salvation army and found a N64 with Castlevania 64 for $10.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#162 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Found this yesterday. It killed me to pay this much for anything at a thrift, but I couldn't leave it...

I almost jizzed my pants when I saw it, but when I saw the price I got pissed off. After about a hour of beating myself up (and trying to negotiate with 3 employes/managers at SAVERS) I ended up buying it. I still need to test it as the batteries are dead.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#163 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Found this yesterday. It killed me to pay this much for anything at a thrift, but I couldn't leave it...

I almost jizzed my pants when I saw it, but when I saw the price I got pissed off. After about a hour of beating myself up (and trying to negotiate with 3 employes/managers at SAVERS) I ended up buying it. I still need to test it as the batteries are dead.

It's alot to pay, but definitely worth it:

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Awesome find!

#164 lude21

lude21

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nice find on the game & watch!! I always love finding them in the wild. I have a couple in boxes, but finding my popeye panoramic CIB for $1 was awesome!!

#165 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Oh man what a find slowdive21. Like you said a bit pricey for a Savers, but I would love to own that also. I did find a crap load of trash pack toys in package for flipping purposes,
but would have been much happier finding your item

Edited by robwhois, 24 January 2013 - 07:44 PM.
adding to post

#166 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Wow, I actually found something decent at a thrift store this week. I have a big stack of CD's that I'm going to send off to a recycling place, but they have private/sensitive info on them, so I wanted to shred them first but my dinky little shredder can't do CD's. Luckily, I ended up finding a Fellowes DM12C shredder for $20 at the place down the street from my house. I thought it was a bit steep, so I ended up going home, but after looking it up and seeing that it retails for $100 more than the asking price, I went back the next day and picked it up. Unfortunately, the thing is disgusting and I can't fully clean it, so I doubt anyone will want to buy it when I'm done, but it is a freakin' beast.

#167 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

It doesn't surprise me to see such a high price at Savers, they are just totally out of their mind when it comes to pricing. I've bought stuff there for a couple of bucks that I flipped for big money, and I've seen copies of Mario / Duckhunt for $15. It makes no sense to me at all. As for the Game and Watch, it's a good find since it's complete. I sold a loose one a few months ago for the same price you paid for this one complete. The game itself isn't a whole lot of fun, but it's a cool item none the less.

#168 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Ya. Had to pass on a Lynx at Savers months ago. They wanted 60 bucks with no games.
www.vg-force.com

#169 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Awww thats the same Game and Watch I got from the Goodwill that wants $16 for a Super Mario Bros 3 cartridge. I paid $8 for the system, I wish mine had all the other stuff!!

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg==

https://www.plink.co...496565/aid/1264

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#170 wheels

wheels

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

I found a platinum wavebird today with the receiver for $8. Also got a public enemy cd for $2

#171 lokoychulo

lokoychulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Found this 2 at my local thrift store. Paid 5$ for the gamecube(hopefully it works) and 2$ for the movie.

Edit: It does work =)
Posted Image

Edited by lokoychulo, 26 January 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#172 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Recent thrift finds. Haven't seen decent video games in ages but I couldn't help grabbing this tangentially-related stuff.

Posted Image
Zelda Spirit Tracks LE guide & MGS 3 guide for $1 each. MGS3 is one of my top games evar and the guide has a foldout/poster type thing which is neat.

Posted Image
Little Pokemon plushes for $1 each (Kyogre, Ho-oh, Latios, and Mew.) These are from The Pokemon Company and for a buck each I couldn't resist. Ho-oh is my favorite, just look at 'im.

Posted Image
Finally, some DVD's. Avatar Book 2 for $5, Clone Wars vol. 2 and Ponyo for $3 each. I got CW vol. 1 at a garage sale years ago (yay) but it turns out I have Ponyo on :br: already, from Blockbuster I think.

#173 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I want to go to your thrift store.

#174 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

What kind of thrift stores do you guys go to besides Goodwill? I honestly dont know of any others.

#175 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Salvation Army. Local Thrift Stores.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#176 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Savers is another decent one around me. Then a few no name ones as well...

#177 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Value Village is the only good one here. There are two Goodwills that have things every once in a while, but normally junk. Also a Salvation Army that never has anything good.

#178 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Went to Goodwill after work, it was 50% off media. I was like "its 530 there wont be sh1t left!". Saw some crap PS2 and Gamecube games that werent there last time so I figured the good games had been picked through. I ended up with MX Vs ATV Unleashed PS2 complete, Donkey Konga Gamecube complete, and an emerald Dualshock2 controller for $7.55.

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg==

https://www.plink.co...496565/aid/1264

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#179 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Could have grabbed a purple gamecube with a power adapter for $5, but I already have 2 silver ones, so I didnt bite. Kind of regrettin it now!

#180 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Could have grabbed a purple gamecube with a power adapter for $5, but I already have 2 silver ones, so I didnt bite. Kind of regrettin it now!

just make sure you always look inside! :D
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."