2013 Thrift Store Thread

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#181 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Took advantage of GW's TV-for-99¢ sale, and got a nice one for my older systems. That was about it.

#182 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Recent thrift finds. Haven't seen decent video games in ages but I couldn't help grabbing this tangentially-related stuff.

Spoiler

Zelda Spirit Tracks LE guide & MGS 3 guide for $1 each. MGS3 is one of my top games evar and the guide has a foldout/poster type thing which is neat.

Spoiler

Little Pokemon plushes for $1 each (Kyogre, Ho-oh, Latios, and Mew.) These are from The Pokemon Company and for a buck each I couldn't resist. Ho-oh is my favorite, just look at 'im.

Spoiler

Finally, some DVD's. Avatar Book 2 for $5, Clone Wars vol. 2 and Ponyo for $3 each. I got CW vol. 1 at a garage sale years ago (yay) but it turns out I have Ponyo on :br: already, from Blockbuster I think.

Do you live by Manhattan? Good finds. Trying to find some better thrift stores.

#183 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Got a Nikon FM2 with a 50mm 1.8 lens. It'll be a nice little flip.

#184 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Picked up an N64 with all cables, two controllers and a handful of games for $15. I would've passed, but one of the games is the first Mario Party, and that alone was worth the price. Also came with Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, and a stack of sports games.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#185 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Got Be Kind Rewind and Metal Arms Glitch in the System for PS2 for $2 each.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#186 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Do you live by Manhattan? Good finds. Trying to find some better thrift stores.

Thanks. Nope, I live out on Long Island. Wish I had some useful tips to share but with thrift stores, it's really all about persistence. Keep going and eventually something decent has to show up.

#187 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks. Nope, I live out on Long Island. Wish I had some useful tips to share but with thrift stores, it's really all about persistence. Keep going and eventually something decent has to show up.

pretty much. it should be in the op

#188 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

pretty much. it should be in the op

Added some tips to the OP.

#189 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image

New Super Mario Bros U, no instructions- $10

White Wii U motion plus controller- $20

Black N64 controller with rumble pack- $5

Chrono Cross PS1 complete- $3

Zelda OOT N64- $3

Grabbed By The Ghoulies Xbox, no instructions- $4

GTA San Andreas Xbox complete- $4

NES controller- $4

Wild Arms 5 10th Anniversary PS2, no instrctions- $10

Atelier Iris Eternal Mana PS2 complete- $3

Dawn Of Mana PS2 complete- $3

Left plenty of other current stuff at retail price, old crap I didnt want, and some just over priced stuff. I had Resident Evil 2 PS1 black label case but she couldnt find the discs.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#190 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Went to the local one, and finally saw something of interest: the complete Oz series. The man behind the counter probably wanted something like $10 a season. I didn't really want to pay for a show I wasn't familiar with so I passed. It was a pretty odd find since the store donations seem to come from mostly Orthodox Jewish people. Looks like somebody felt ashamed of having this in their home.

Batsugunner.png

#191 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Found a copy of .hack volume 3 redemption for $13! Normally I wouldn't pay that much for a PS2 game (pawn shops around here have a habit of checking eBay now :/) but I guess they really don't check to see what older games are rare, and apparently it's worth a nice chunk of cash. It came in Volume 4's case though, and no manual.

Such a shame that they're trying to go off of Gamestop/eBay, I could usually find some fairly recent games at a great price.

#192 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

First Goodwill trip of the year. $10 got a copy of Um Jammer Lammy, a sealed PS1 Gex, and an original Gameboy (rough condition), Kirby's Dreamland 2, Super Mario Land, Donkey Kong Land, Kirby's Pinball Land, Home Alone 2, Jack Nicklaus Golf, Tetris, Wario Land, and Centipede/Millipede.
If its free, its for me!!

#193 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image

New Super Mario Bros U, no instructions- $10

White Wii U motion plus controller- $20

Black N64 controller with rumble pack- $5

Chrono Cross PS1 complete- $3

Zelda OOT N64- $3

Grabbed By The Ghoulies Xbox, no instructions- $4

GTA San Andreas Xbox complete- $4

NES controller- $4

Wild Arms 5 10th Anniversary PS2, no instrctions- $10

Atelier Iris Eternal Mana PS2 complete- $3

Dawn Of Mana PS2 complete- $3

Left plenty of other current stuff at retail price, old crap I didnt want, and some just over priced stuff. I had Resident Evil 2 PS1 black label case but she couldnt find the discs.

Screw you and your new Wii U game and controller...

;-; (you are so lucky)

#194 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Stopped by a new (to me) thrift store today. Aside from a pretty good copy of Beast Wars Season 1 (Rhino release) everything else was ultra-scratched up junk from Blockbuster or Redbox.

Why is it there are like, 6 or 7 thrift stores within a 10 mile radius from my house but only 1 is any good?

#195 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I go to SAVERS 5 days a week usually 2-3 hours per day (when they stock). I didn't go 2 Tuesdays ago. I found out that my 'scanner friend' bought 5 or 6 PS1 RPGS. The titles I've confirmed are: Brigadine, Persona 2, Suikoden 1 and 2. He only paid 2.99 each. They are all complete. I was ready to cry. He usually only checks video games after I look through them as I don't check books since that is his main thing. I'm glad he got them, but pissed at myself for not being there.

#196 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

WiiU games and 3DS games showing up at my goodwills - probably idiots who did target returns thinking they worked on regular Wii or DS.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#197 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

WiiU games and 3DS games showing up at my goodwills - probably idiots who did target returns thinking they worked on regular Wii or DS.

The $10 NSMB U was a surprise. Thought she was gonna say like $25 or more. The other Goodwill had Assassins Creed 3 and Just Dance 4 for Wii U for $40 apiece. I said "I can get those for brand new on Amazon for that price". Guy says they are new.....my response "than why do they not have plastic wrap on them and have Target Defective Salvage stickers???". He says "uhhhh good point".

I have found about half of my 3DS collection from Goodwills Target returns though, only paid $4-$25 apiece.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#198 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I go to SAVERS 5 days a week usually 2-3 hours per day (when they stock). I didn't go 2 Tuesdays ago. I found out that my 'scanner friend' bought 5 or 6 PS1 RPGS. The titles I've confirmed are: Brigadine, Persona 2, Suikoden 1 and 2. He only paid 2.99 each. They are all complete. I was ready to cry. He usually only checks video games after I look through them as I don't check books since that is his main thing. I'm glad he got them, but pissed at myself for not being there.

Oh man thats brutal. Suikoden 2 is my favorite rpg of all time, and I have been hoping to find one in the wild for years now. Have the others in my ps1 collection, but a pretty nice score for that other dude.

#199 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Hmmm. Just checked if there are any Savers by me, and to my surprise, there is one 15 minutes away. And its almost close to the Market my Mom and I go to. Now to find a time to go. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#200 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Got the oop Buffy Chosen DVD collection for $15, that'll be a nice little flip.

#201 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Managed to find a 64 with two controllers, rumble pack, and memory card for $10 at GW. AV cable was mangled, but I have a spare I can use. Best part is, I got it home and found out it had the memory expansion. Nintendo brand, too.

#202 200STM

200STM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Today I made a trip to the GW before work and got Rockband 3 for the Wii 5$ Complete. Three days ago I had seen a Gamecube with a Intec Screen on it, too bad I had to wait two days to get my paycheck. It was 24.99 and came with call of duty 2 the screen looked like it was in great shape and the gamecube unit itself was a black console in great condition. no wires or controllers though but looking up some websites the screen is worth quite some money.

#203 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

That officially beats my purchase price for Suikoden II. I paid $5. But to be fair, it probably wasn't a hot collectible at that time.

#204 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Today I made a trip to the GW before work and got Rockband 3 for the Wii 5$ Complete. Three days ago I had seen a Gamecube with a Intec Screen on it, too bad I had to wait two days to get my paycheck. It was 24.99 and came with call of duty 2 the screen looked like it was in great shape and the gamecube unit itself was a black console in great condition. no wires or controllers though but looking up some websites the screen is worth quite some money.

Got my GC with Intec Screen for $10 at GW last year. Too bad it didn't come with the wires for the Screen. :(

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#205 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Xbox 360 Guitar Hero World Tour Wireless Guitar- $6, guess ill pick these up after reading some posts a few pages back. Didnt realize they were very flippable.

#206 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Xbox 360 Guitar Hero World Tour Wireless Guitar- $6, guess ill pick these up after reading some posts a few pages back. Didnt realize they were very flippable.

Yeah, just be cautious of the PS3 guitars. They need the USB dongle. I picked up two last week for $2 each, not realizing the dongles were missing.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#207 wheels

wheels

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

this week i came away with
-Slim PS2 with power cable $7
-N64 gray controller $4
-The Orange Box for PC $3, haven't tried installing to see if the key works, its unlikely it will
-Guitar Hero world tour PS2 $2

I saw a PSP with adapter for $50 but passed on it.

#208 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Sealed Black Label GTA 3 for PS2 and two Spice Orange Gamecube controllers and wavebird all for $20. Nice little flip

#209 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Pretty bad week. All I saw was Parasite Eve for PlayStation. Left it because I already have 2 copies, it was incomplete and in bad shape.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#210 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Still no games but here's some more stuff anyways.

Posted Image

The Art of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Anime & The Land of Sand novel

Found these mixed in with a bunch of shojo manga at SA, paid $1 each.

Posted Image

These are from a different thrift; Halo & Baldur's gate novels, Naruto movie animanga, and Bo-Bobo vol. 1. $3 for the whole bunch. These were on a shelf with almost 100 Star Wars and D&D novels but I really have no idea which ones, if any, were worth grabbing so I just picked the few video game novels instead.

Posted Image

Also grabbed this Dreamweaver 4 (Mac) student copy. It's pretty old and a bit beat up, but on the other hand it's sealed so I figured there might be some value.