WWE 13 $29.99 @ GameStop

I got it on Black Friday, but I second that it's worth every penny! It's SO much better than WWE 12 and one of the most fun sports games out today. Excellent game!

Definitely a good game. Surprised it dropped to $30 already, it seemed like WWE '12 took forever to get that low (which is why I ended up skipping it and pre-ordering WWE '13).

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Definitely a good game. Surprised it dropped to $30 already, it seemed like WWE '12 took forever to get that low (which is why I ended up skipping it and pre-ordering WWE '13).[/QUOTE]

12 was 30 BBY as a DOTD Dec 2011 I believe. You are right though in general WWE games don't drop fast.

i want to pull the trigger on this but i fear that as i don't watch wresting any longer i will have no idea who the heck the guys are in the game.

i used to watch with stone cold and the rock and triple h

heard of but never seen cena

Anyone going to wrestlemania 29 this yr? I'm going along with my friend and it wil be my first wrestling event ever. Kind a crazy too because I shelled out over $850 for two tickets. But I think the seat it close enough to the action so I can't wait.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i want to pull the trigger on this but i fear that as i don't watch wresting any longer i will have no idea who the heck the guys are in the game.

heard of but never seen cena[/QUOTE]

Hey I stopped watching around the same time too, I played WWE 12' at my little cousins house and I was lost at who all the new guys were. Only a few classics remained. I know 13' has some WWE 90's legends in it but its up to you. Playing royal rumble and only knowing 10 of the 60wrestlers was not as exciting. Lol

I haven't played a wrestling game since WWF No Mercy on the N64 and I haven't watched wrestling since before then but I am intrigued by this game. A store near me had a preowned copy and I have a 20% off coupon for my birthday so I might give it a shot for $19.XX + tax.

[quote name='vic_x51']Hey I stopped watching around the same time too, I played WWE 12' at my little cousins house and I was lost at who all the new guys were. Only a few classics remained. I know 13' has some WWE 90's legends in it but its up to you. Playing royal rumble and only knowing 10 of the 60wrestlers was not as exciting. Lol[/QUOTE]

The entire storyline mode revolves around the attitude era, so if you watched in the mid/late 90's - 2000's pick it up.

I'm not able to order. For whatever reason, I get this when checking out:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time."

WTH?

[quote name='tokyostomp']i want to pull the trigger on this but i fear that as i don't watch wresting any longer i will have no idea who the heck the guys are in the game.

heard of but never seen cena[/QUOTE]

Like someone else said, the story mode of the game is replaying the Attitude era. Then there's also a WWE Universe mode which is like their franchise mode, but you can import any created wrestlers, or even the Attitude era guys.

This price is good in-store also. Strat guides are 50% off also.

This games awesome. I bought it for $25, and I would be willing to pay full price for it.

The Royal Rumble is a blast. It's awesome with a good number of people. The Attitude Era is solid. It does feel like all you do is pin Mick Foley though.

$30, is a very good price.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Are there any codes that come with the new one or should I just buy the used?[/QUOTE]

There's an online pass.

Picked up my used copy at Gamestop and the Mike Tyson had been redeemed already *bummer* but the Online Pass Code hadn't been redeemed, yay!

^The final DLC comes out within the week I believe and that will be all as far as I know.

I picked this up today for $29.99 as well. Been wanting it since it came out but I refuse to pay $40+ for a game anymore. Missed out on Black Friday (Walmart only got in 2 copies...you see how that poses an issue). Hoped to get for Christmas but didn't...but those Visa/AmEx giftcards came in handy today.

Very happy to have the game and been enjoying it all afternoon.

This is seriously the best WWE game they've produced in years imo. A lot of that has to do with the nostalgia factor for me...I haven't liked wrestling since like 2004 but I still watch it on occassion.

If you're on the fence...buy it.

Is there a free shipping code for Gamestop.com? I can't recall.

Edit: SAVER for free shipping. Can't believe I forgot that. Remembered as soon as I posted.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']^The final DLC comes out within the week I believe and that will be all as far as I know.

I picked this up today for $29.99 as well. Been wanting it since it came out but I refuse to pay $40+ for a game anymore. Missed out on Black Friday (Walmart only got in 2 copies...you see how that poses an issue). Hoped to get for Christmas but didn't...but those Visa/AmEx giftcards came in handy today.

Very happy to have the game and been enjoying it all afternoon.

This is seriously the best WWE game they've produced in years imo. A lot of that has to do with the nostalgia factor for me...I haven't liked wrestling since like 2004 but I still watch it on occassion.

If you're on the fence...buy it.[/QUOTE]

Aww yeah Antonio Cesaro

I bailed out on professional wrestling before the "attitude era", and even I love this game.
The user generated content is just absurd. The community has created a ton of amazing created wrestlers from every era, and then some. Have you ever wanted to see how the tag team of Superman and the Incredible Hulk would fare against Mortal Kombat's Liu Kang and Scorpion? You can do that.
I really look forward to using the create story tools and sharing online. The 15 second user-generated masterpiece "The Big Show Makes Smores" has inspired me.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i have a few tyson codes a buddy gave me from blockbuster for 360 and ps3.

i'm still on the fence about buying this[/QUOTE]

pm me one, I'll owe ya something

[quote name='havuk']is it better on either console?[/QUOTE]
360 version has hackers, PS3 version is clean from what I've played (haven't seen a hacker).

Hackers meaning people who hack the game and have given their created characters "powers." It's like using cheat codes online.

Damnit, you guys have convinced me to pick this up tomorrow..I've rented it from redbox before, but it sounds like the user generated content adds a whole new dimension to the game.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Of course wal-mart denied to PM.... bastards.[/QUOTE]

Which one did you try? Norman I-35 Walmart sucks at price matching. They demand the physical ad and even then they are dicks about it. I price matched mine at Best Buy without a hitch. ;)

I agree that the online portion is beyond broken. Ive played every Smackdown/WWE game since the first one on PS1 and this is the best wrestling game i have ever played. I do not know if that is because of my biased to the Attitude era but i do know that it is way better than WWE '12.

And i got the season pass for $10 via PS+ a few weeks ago and i thought i couldn't pass on that. I really enjoy this game and would recommend it to anyone who was a wrestling fan during the late 90's because the Attitude Era Mode is spot on.

[quote name='HydroX']Which one did you try? Norman I-35 Walmart sucks at price matching. They demand the physical ad and even then they are dicks about it. I price matched mine at Best Buy without a hitch. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm just doing apick-up at GS off 12th by Wal-Mart. That's the one I went to. I've done numerous matches with my phone. They gave me that speech tonight so I said no problem and started leaving, the lady was like "You don't want it?" and I did politely say no and told her BB would match and GS has it in stock, I'll just wait.

.. But seriously... she that fucking dumb? I'mma CAG.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I'm just doing apick-up at GS off 12th by Wal-Mart. That's the one I went to. I've done numerous matches with my phone. They gave me that speech tonight so I said no problem and started leaving, the lady was like "You don't want it?" and I did politely say no and told her BB would match and GS has it in stock, I'll just wait.

.. But seriously... she that fucking dumb? I'mma CAG.[/QUOTE]

Bahahaha! Sounds like my escapades trying to match the Target $10 1600 XBL Point cards on Black Friday. After seeing all the Walmart commercials "just match it!" they really decline a lot of price matches .. in my experience, anyway.

You'll love WWE 13 if you haven't played it. The Attitude Era mode is worth a playthrough. I rented it from Redbox for like a week straight (with the free rental codes) and had a blast.

[quote name='HydroX']Bahahaha! Sounds like my escapades trying to match the Target $10 1600 XBL Point cards on Black Friday. After seeing all the Walmart commercials "just match it!" they really decline a lot of price matches .. in my experience, anyway.

You'll love WWE 13 if you haven't played it. The Attitude Era mode is worth a playthrough. I rented it from Redbox for like a week straight (with the free rental codes) and had a blast.[/QUOTE]

Weirdest thing... that store matched BF deals without a problem... :drool:

Glad to hear it! I played the last couple of WWE games and was not impressed with most of them. Loved the attitude era though and kept hearing good things! I have not played it yet (blasted NCAA 13 and Ass. Creed series!) -- But I'm most excited to play this one.

Ordered it for in-store pickup from GameStop, had to do some stuff after work so I didn't get it. Now that Amazon's matched I just ordered through them. Looking forward to it.

I picked up a used copy at $27.99 minus the 10% for being a rewards member just before they dropped the new to $29.99. I got lucky and the codes that came with it for Tyson and Online Axxess worked so don't have to take it back for a new copy and saved $5... :)

fuck I just picked this up last week, great game btw, if you're into late 90s wrestling this is awesome because 50% of the roster is old guys like Stone Cold and The Rock.

Damien Sandow is going to be in the next pack too.

If you guys get any DLC, I'd suggest the accelerator. For $2 you get everything unlocked, which would take forever and just lets you have at it.

But yes, this is a very addicting game. Haven't been this sucked into a game since Virtua Tennis 4. Buy it. (Buy VT4 too.)

[quote name='Sonne']Damien Sandow is going to be in the next pack too.

If you guys get any DLC, I'd suggest the accelerator. For $2 you get everything unlocked, which would take forever and just lets you have at it.

But yes, this is a very addicting game. Haven't been this sucked into a game since Virtua Tennis 4. Buy it. (Buy VT4 too.)[/QUOTE]

If you get sucked into it you don't need the accelerator, especially if you play through Attitude Era mode. You unlock 98% of the stuff through it.

[quote name='sonne']damien sandow is going to be in the next pack too.

If you guys get any dlc, i'd suggest the accelerator. For $2 you get everything unlocked, which would take forever and just lets you have at it.

But yes, this is a very addicting game. Haven't been this sucked into a game since virtua tennis 4. Buy it. (buy vt4 too.)[/quote]

you're welcome

$30 was enough for me to pick this up, can't wait to play Attitude Era. Thanks for the post.

bread's done
Back