WWE 13 $29.99 @ GameStop

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

i was tempted to get this for 27.99 (used price) and use cag16 for 16% off but none of my local stores has this in stock preowned. 23 and change i would have bit as i already have an online pass and mike tyson dlc.

im gonna sleep on it and possibly drive to pasadena tomorrow to do it

#62 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I believe I saw it at this price in Best Buy.

#63 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

What if I am a WWE All-Stars Fan and hated everything since Wrestlemania XXI on Xbox to SVR2009 on 360, would this be a good purchase?

I would say only buy if you grew up in the Attitude era. The control system was redone last year, but I kinda like the older Smackdown games better. Rent it from Redbox and try it for a night or two.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#64 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Does anyone have an extra Mike Tyson dlc code for Xbox they would be willing to give me or sell me for a small fee?

My copy from Gamestop didnt come with one unfortunately.

I would be eternally grateful if someone can help out this fellow CAG.

#65 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

If you watched wrestling during the 90's this is a must buy for the Attitude Era mode alone. I'm actually tempted to get some of the DLC characters from the Attitude Era.

TheVila.png

#66 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

I thought about getting this, doubt I would know half the wrestlers anymore though. I haven't watched it in about 10 years.

#67 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

anyone know of any good coupon codes i can use to get this even cheaper?

if anyone has gamestop credit i'd be willing to trade mike tyson dlc for it

#68 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

One thing I have found funny/odd about this game is they blur out and censor any reference to World Wrestling Federation.

TheVila.png

#69 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

One thing I have found funny/odd about this game is they blur out and censor any reference to World Wrestling Federation.

its a legal thing. as the wwf name is now owned by the world wildlife foundation. (panda mascot)

the wrestling organization lost the trademark, something along the lines of that.

it's kind of a bummer that they blur it out though. i assume it was too much red tape to get licensing rights to have it appear in game.

heres a link explaining it:
http://en.wikipedia....WE#Name_dispute

#70 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

its a legal thing. as the wwf name is now owned by the world wildlife foundation. (panda mascot)

the wrestling organization lost the trademark, something along the lines of that.

it's kind of a bummer that they blur it out though. i assume it was too much red tape to get licensing rights to have it appear in game.

I always wondered about that. Thanks

#71 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

I thought about getting this, doubt I would know half the wrestlers anymore though. I haven't watched it in about 10 years.

This years edition has wrestlers from 1997-current... Actually, half the roster is from 1997-2002.

#72 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Great price on this. I bought it on release day and thought the $60 price tag was well worth it. Like everyone else said, if you loved the Stone Cold/Rock late 90's early 2000's WWE, then this game is perfect for you. I LOVE the attitude era mode and the rest is great too. I grabbed the season pass when it was on sale for PS+ users for $10 also. Even though it's not on sale anymore, if you get the season pass, you get two bonus wrestlers is Goldust and Diamond Dallas Page, two of my all time faves.

The Smackdown taping on Tuesday in Miami can't come soon enough!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#73 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I believe a deal was made recently that removed the need to blur the old wwf logo.

#74 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I believe a deal was made recently that removed the need to blur the old wwf logo.

you are right as the NWO and Attitude Era dvds have no censoring of anything WWF, even as far back as RAW 1000 anything WWF wasn't blurred in the video packages

WWE came to a settlement agreement with the World Worldlife Fund over WWE's usage of the WWF name and the scratch logo, which was one of the sources of the legal issues between the two sides that led to the name World Wrestling Entertainment being created. Going forward, WWE will be able to use older archival material and footage with the WWF letters and the scratch logo. They cannot promote themselves or the material as WWF obviously but if they want to play footage of say, Wrestlemania 17 for example, they can use the footage, unblurred and allow that footage to use the name.

As the WWE Network comes closer to launching, WWE wanted the issue with their older footage squared away due to the amount of work and manpower it would take to blur years of footage.

Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#75 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

i was tempted to get this for 27.99 (used price) and use cag16 for 16% off but none of my local stores has this in stock preowned. 23 and change i would have bit as i already have an online pass and mike tyson dlc.

im gonna sleep on it and possibly drive to pasadena tomorrow to do it

can i use the cag16 in store?

#76 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually enjoyed WWE12 more than this years. The "Attitude Era" is cool and all, but if you are a wrestling fan, you know the outcome for all the matches. I enjoyed the story mode in last years as they were all new, original stories. Having said that, this year's edition is solid. Especially with the underrated Gangrel in it!!!!
Posted Image

#77 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually enjoyed WWE12 more than this years. The "Attitude Era" is cool and all, but if you are a wrestling fan, you know the outcome for all the matches. I enjoyed the story mode in last years as they were all new, original stories. Having said that, this year's edition is solid. Especially with the underrated Gangrel in it!!!!

how is the story mode in this one?

#78 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

lol so im special. i gave away all my tyson codes and totally forgot to save one for myself. i don't suppose anyone has an extra code i can have/trade for on 360

#79 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

wait gangrel is in this ? !!!!!! my interest is even higher now. i gotta put cm punk against him :D
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#80 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

i am trading my old copy and buying a new copy when does it expire

#81 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

i am trading my old copy and buying a new copy when does it expire

Its in the weekly ad, so till the 8th. You always seem to ask questions that have fairly simple answers. Not hating on you, just pointing it out.;)

#82 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Its in the weekly ad, so till the 8th. You always seem to ask questions that have fairly simple answers. Not hating on you, just pointing it out.;)

They've been on my ignore list for a long time. :dunce:

#83 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

wait gangrel is in this ? !!!!!! my interest is even higher now. i gotta put cm punk against him :D

Gangrel is DLC, but it's awesome they included him.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#84 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

This is dead

Edited by starmask2k3, 10 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#85 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

is this dead

Seriously dude? Your question was answered a couple posts up. Also answered by simply checking gamestop.com.

#86 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hahah

#87 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I was telling the OP that its dead to closed it so a mod can move it to dead deals

#88 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I was telling the OP that its dead to closed it so a mod can move it to dead deals

No, just no.