Best Buy Clearance Sale

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Not a bad deal on PS3 WWE All Stars[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I'm missing something, but this game has been listed at $19.99 in store for a while now. The link is showing me that same price...?

War in the North was in stock for $14.99 when I posted it. Knowing BB, things go in and out of stock frequently as long as they're still listed so I would keep checking back. LOTR was on the last page, btw.

That is some sad clearance. Now I suddenly remember how amazing Best Buy's sales were last year. Did they manage to pull themselves up since then?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']CAG Links never work on my Android :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Here's a cookie to calm you down

images

[quote name='Deserter Goose']That is some sad clearance. Now I suddenly remember how amazing Best Buy's sales were last year. Did they manage to pull themselves up since then?[/QUOTE]

Clearance and sales are two different things. I don't see how this is connected with Best Buy's financial status considering.

clearance sales at these prices?
just saw the yahoo stock report. lil more time and that would be a good buy

Poor Best Buy, they're never gonna get rid of those PSP Go screen protectors and DSi battery cases.

Every store I've been to has stacks of both.

[quote name='maximumzero']Vaguely interested in de Blob 2 for $9.99.

Hmm.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun for a bit. A good mindless game. Also, if you like 3d, this game is actually pretty good in 3d.

[quote name='maximumzero']Vaguely interested in de Blob 2 for $9.99.

Hmm.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth, I really enjoyed it. Maybe more than the first one, since I wasn't having to waggle to slam down. Its great if you have some OCD tendencies and like satisfying it with tasks like this (i.e. painting every building, tree, car, etc). Don't forget to use the cheat code to give you extra time. The time limit is far too short for this type of game on several levels and robs you of some of the fun.

The collector's edition of Mass Effect 3 would be tempting if I didn't already have it... Shocked there are some of those still in stock.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I really need to use my last $100 in gift cards before they go bankrupt.[/QUOTE]

One word: amazon. Best buy killer

That statement doesn't hold as much validity as it used to. While they still probably do better annually, the gap as closed quite substantially.

A great price would be ten dollars for the Collector's for War in the North. This game usually goes to 10 dollars for the vanilla.

[quote name='MrBoss']It will probably cost them close to $10 to ship it alone.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy does not care about that...I got Bioshock 2 CE for 10 shipped from them in 2011. They just care about getting rid of old merchandise, but sadly they did not do so last year...2011 must have been a really rough year for them.

Ooh. Power Gig for $3.

What? I own Rock Revolution and Rock of the Dead too. I'm no stranger to subpar games using a guitar controller.

[quote name='MrBoss']http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...n;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;[/QUOTE]

Wow...

I had no idea BBY was in this bad of shape. Quick, everyone, go and buy a monster brand HDMI cable with your holiday gift cards!

Seriously, I would hate to see them go out of business. That would be the end of brick-and-mortar electronics retailers around here (I don't include Walmart). It would also be a tremendous blow to CAGs everywhere, who use BBY as their go-to price-match store.

[quote name='mblackwl']Ooh. Power Gig for $3.

What? I own Rock Revolution and Rock of the Dead too. I'm no stranger to subpar games using a guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

true that

Power Gig for $3? Eh, its weak, but I'll grab it new for that price. Not like there is a new GH or RB anytime soon. I'll dust off the guitar for some achievements.

[quote name='mblackwl']Ooh. Power Gig for $3.

What? I own Rock Revolution and Rock of the Dead too. I'm no stranger to subpar games using a guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

I still have a power gig guitar laying around somewhere. I got the bundle for dirt cheap at Big Lots a year or so ago.

Seen Def Jam bundle for PS3 for 11.99 tonight. So tempting, but doubt id ever play it again since i unlocked on the songs

I would be in for WWE All Stars PS3 for $19.99, but NewEgg has it for the same price (and no tax in my state), and with the free year of ShopRunner it will arrive much sooner (I believe that promo code is still working, there's a thread in Deals forum). However, thanks OP for posting the link to the full clearance list.

Edit - well shit, doesn't look like it's eligible for ShopRunner... oh well I guess it will still save $1.40 in tax

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of these prices suck, but for $2.99 I'll try out Power Gig and for $4.99 I snagged POP: The Forgotten Sands for DS. I've heard it isn't that great but the Xbox 360 version was the first game ever reviewed on my site and the 2 year anniversary is the 16th so I figured I'd play it before then and review it for the 2 year as part of the Backlog Quest thing I'm doing.

bread's done
Back