Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Retail: Mass Effect 3 - love the series & I enjoy the added MP
XBLA: Rock Band Blitz - quick fun & great music

#92 silenthawk9

silenthawk9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

well I would have to say borderlands 2 the story had a very in depth story yet a good comedic feel at the same time. parts of the story even made me feel a little emotional. and just in general they already topped their great work and co-op system in the first borderlands with a true trade system and bosses that required you to actually work together. not to mention the small, but good, customization aspect the first one lacked.
total completed games: 8
xbox 360: saints row: the third, assasin's creed 2, fallout: new vegas, prototype 2, soulcalibur 5, fallout 3, harm's way
PC: none so far :(
other: xbox live labs

#93 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

My 2012 GOTY is XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It has been a long time since a game has gotten THAT much playtime and replays out of me. The combination of macro mode resource management and tactical strategy was perfect in that "just one more month / battle" kinda way. While the impossible mode achievement may outlast me, I do intend to go back and try. Just that and the ironman cheeves left to get!

#94 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Favorite Game 2012? The Walking Dead! Great Story, hard decisions and always trying to support the group...it's like you're really part of the survival =D

#95 MaicoWin

MaicoWin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

My favorite game of 2012 was Far Cry 3. It was like Skyrim, only better, since it had a lush, jungle environment filled with a lot of animals. Plenty of color and character in this game, and there was a lot to do from hunting and skinning animals to picking up herbs for crafting. The best parts in the game were when the wild animals would ambush and scare the living daylights out of you.

#96 Creptor5291

Creptor5291

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Mortal Kombat!!!
I discovered this lovely game in 2012 and as soon as I put the disk in I knew it was going to be my favorite game! I loved the story mode, one of the best stories ever put into a game! And being able to play this with my best friend made this game even better!

#97 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

for me I would have to go with skyrim I borrowed it from a friends in january I put 120 hours into it beating it but screwing up the 15 daedric artifact acheivement. ended up buying it in may to play again (also to get that acheivement). got stuck in MT for a week without my systems (grandmothers funeral) but a cousin had skyrim so we would play passing the controller around after we finished a mission (although we didn't actually beat it we put quite abit of time). then just recently borrowed it on PS3 and got the platinum. so more or less 4 playthroughs in a year of a very long game.

#98 macontosh2000

macontosh2000

Dirty Scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

For me my game of the year was Journey.

There are games that were better than it, but for me it did something that no other game has ever done, and that was find out something about myself while playing it. Unfortunately what i found out was that i have some serious abandonment issues. While playing, there is a level late in the game where something is trying to find you, i was playing with some random person and i kinda got attached to playing with someone. I ended up being found by the thing (twice) and my partner left me to die. Yes i know it was just a silly game but it really affected me. :cry:

On a more positive note the game is gorgeous and one of the best experiences i ever had with a video game.
macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected........Hey, where the Fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?"

Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

#99 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

My favorite games of the year:

1. Xcom
2. Journey
3. Diablo 3
4. Walking Dead
5. Dust: An Elysium Tale
6. Mutant Blobs Attack

Honorable Mentions:
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of Lamb dlc
M&M: Clash of Heroes

I'm not sure if I'd say Xcom is actually the best game that came out this year, but I had to choose it as my favorite because I put so many hours into it, it's in a genre that I really like, and I've been wanting an update to the original for so long.

#100 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Far Cry 3.

Hunting/chasing down animals never gets old.

I really like the skill trees.

The combat is great, and the enemies react in humorous ways (especially when they are being chased by a bear).

The driving is much-improved over the previous game in the series, and the map is much easier to navigate.

There are a ton of activities to do, and many collectibles to search for.

#101 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

While most wouldn't exactly consider it a full-on 2012 game as it's an updated port, my favorite of 2012 was Persona 4 Golden. I'd never played a game in the series, and this one grabbed me from the start... Great story, possibly the best ensemble of characters in a game ever(right up there with FF VI, anyway), and lots of great RPG goodness gave this game an immediate spot in my top 5 of all time.

Finished the game after 65 hours, and I just started my 2nd playthrough Sunday. I NEVER do that.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#102 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

100 Posts!

Thanks for the interest everyone, wish I had more codes to give out.

I'll PM then name the first winner here on the late morning of the 16th, so Midnight PST on 1-15-13 is the deadline for code one.

After which, new posts will be accepted for code two, and previous entrees are still code for code two as well. :)

Please, longer than a sentence if you want to be considered! Thanks. =^.^=

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#103 Brandroid

Brandroid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Mass Effect 3.Can't go wrong with Commander Shepard.

Brandroid.jpg

#104 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

2012 was a busy year for me so I didn't get through many games, but my favorite was Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword because I love that series!

#105 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Without a doubt my favorite game of 2012 is Rocksmith because it's helping me achieve a life long goal of learning electric guitar, if anyone has even a remote interest in learning the guitar, i highly recommend getting this game.

#106 tresyn

tresyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I really enjoyed The Walking Dead. I was eagerly awaiting each new episode as the year went on.

Thanks for the contest!

#107 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

No contest - The Walking Dead. They took a pretty good source and somehow made it even better through clever storytelling. Games where I "affect" the outcome always irk me, since I know that they're just pigeon-holing me into one of a small handful of pre-ordained endings *cough*MASSEFFECT*cough*, but TWD managed to do it in a way that felt natural - I didn't notice many (any?) times where something in the end-game flew in the face of choices I've made earlier.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#108 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Mass Effect 3

Not only was the single player great, but the multiplayer was surprisingly fun and addictive! I don't buy into the ending hate either. I loved it all.

#109 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

I actually picked Dishonored for game of the year. I am surprised that this game is not mentioned that much in the game of the year picks. I picked it because of the story and how much it reminded me of half-life 2, the best game of all time ;)

minorthreat.png

#110 Adopted

Adopted

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Borderlands 1 was one of my favorite games, and i had so much fun with it.
I, obviously, pre-ordered borderlands 2 and it was easily the best game of 2012 for me.
The loot, the monster, the quests, the dialog, everything. You could not play for more than five minutes without laughing or having a good time. Great game to play with friends.

My other answer would be Guild wars 2, if i had friends who played PC like i do. It's a great MMO, and has so many great features that make it's 'quests' enjoyable. If i could find a nice friendly guild with voice chat, i would love it even more. but until then, Borderlands 2 has my vote.

#111 Weloenstal

Weloenstal

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Oh man! just one? grr alright. Dishonored was in my most humble opinion an amazingly well done game. I particularly loved the perfect ending which was my first ending. It made me cry. I'd leave my thoughts on many many great games but alas that might disclude me from the contest.

#112 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Well, I'd have to say Borderlands 2. Was the first midnight launch event I had ever went to (was at a GameStop in a big WalMart plaza strip mall). Also, the game was great, and I met some new online friends to play with because of joining a small group of BL2 players.

#113 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Despite technical and invalid code issues, I'd still vote for Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package. This open-world/sandbox game allow players to enjoy a world rich in humor and personal choice of freedom. The depth of options and fully developed features must be experienced at least once by every player to truly appreciate this impressively created world of Steelport. Be anyone, do anything; look no further than Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (2012). Get your copy today!
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#114 Arkham

Arkham

Cag Stand

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I would say hands down Arkham City. The depth of the character inclusion in the game was amazing. to have deadshot and solomon grundy in it, i don't think anyone would have thought the villian roster would go that deep.

#115 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

The Walking Dead for the 360. It has been a great help for me during the break of the show. The story is nothing short of excellent and no other game has had me paranoid to leave the house. Hell....I got my mother in law to play it.
Posted Image

#116 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I guess that my favorite game of 2012 was probably Mark of the Ninja. Klei did such an excellent job integrating the stealth elements into their side-scroller.

#117 Zak71296

Zak71296

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sleeping Dogs was my favorite game this year. I thought the gameplay and missions were fun and I really got into the story

#118 whatislife620

whatislife620

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Favorite game of 2012? That's tough, I'm caught between The Walking Dead and Borderlands 2. I guess I would have to go with Borderlands 2 though mostly based on how much time I have put into the game already. I still play the first Borderlands so I will be playing Borderlands 2 well through 2013.

#119 Jalen Oh

Jalen Oh

CAG Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Favorite game of 2012 for me is Spelunky (XBLA). The in game levels are randomly generated each time you play so you get a different experience every time. Spelunky is also a challenging game if you're trying to make it all the way to the end (or the secret boss), going for a high score, or speedrunning. It was (and still is) well worth the 1200 MSP.

#120 kicking222

kicking222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Let's see, why is "Borderlands 2" my favorite game of 2012, and perhaps ever? Well, it gave me everything I could have hoped for from the sequel. The skills are all highly satisfying. The sound design is surprisingly brilliant. I could go on and on (and on), but the biggest reason is Face McShooty. I wish I could shoot him in the face over and over again. I would buy a $5 DLC pack that was nothing but Face McShooty.