Photo
- - - - -

What's your favorite game of 2012. Giving away a 400 MSP Code end of January

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#121 FareFan

FareFan

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

My fav 2012 game is Joy Ride Turbo (XBLA), a classic-controller-based arcade cartoon racer with avatars from the same Kinect Joy Ride creators. Very many hours to play and hundreds of trophies, hidden objects and cars to collect and unlock. Highly recommended and more enjoyable than Trials Evo IMHO...

#122 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Bumping since it's the last day to post before I pick the first winner!

Once again, I won't be picking anyone who writes a simple sentence or less.

Good luck. :)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#123 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just found this! Here's my .02.

Torchlight 2.

How do you one-up Torchlight 1? You add multi-player and ramp up the storyline and customization options. I absolutely loved the new classes offered and being able to destroy some funky-looking undead and goblinoids with my fiance was awesome. It filled the void that Diablo III left for me quite easily. The system requirements on the game are quite lax, which allows me to play it on my gaming rig and for her to play it on her low-end laptop with Intel HD graphics quite easily.

Sure, I could have picked a number of other titles that likely are deserving: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Persona 4 Golden, or Assassin's Creed 3... But how many of those offer you the endless hours of fun for the price tag of a mere $20.00? Add in the sales that were done this holiday season and you have a true CAG game of the year.

#124 dillonfan28

dillonfan28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I hate to say it because I was totally against this game when it came out but my parents gave Skylanders Giants to my kids for Christmas and we cant get enough of it. ;)

#125 Arturo84

Arturo84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Personally i dont really have a 2012 favorite i simply there was a game that i found that hooked me and made me slobber over myself just to play it when i was outside the house sure there was a couple ones that made passing the time easier and allowed for some fun times with friends online, like Mass Effect 3 while i still havent finished the SP(no hook after a while into it ) the mp was suprisingly fun and friends which who knew nothing about the franchise got into it becuz of the MP, and wow did we get frustrated at times with it, hours of suriving too buy thosse damn boxes just to get a pistol that just tickles the enemy or a mod i dont use or the friggin redo a character thing... then there was Boderlands 2 whose charm and comedy made it a fun ride but it seems its time in the spotlight was cut short with the release of holiday pwerhouses like COd and Halo and for while a there a tried to play solo but like many once the amp shields were changed soloing was too much of a hassle maybe if the increased drops it would be worth it... powerhouse COD came in and everyone on the friends list just crammed into its lobbies and like many i have a love hate relationship with it overall its a good game but once again i think the map layout, spawns, and game balances and reintergration of full quickscoping makes me want to burn the game, not to mention the horrible lag compensation and map count which seriously feels lacking with the amount the gamers have put into the franchise you would hope a couple a free map packs with past game maps would come out as a thank you but no we get 4+1zmb packs again at 15 bucks a pop

but for the sake of this contest and to forget this little rant of mine
ill vote for Mass effect 3 simply as a first try into mp it wasnt bad and most of the available DLC was included at no charge

now lets hope for the next gen to come out as fast as possible see if we cant get some real improvements in gameplay i.e player count in games

#126 xtoxicxrarrz

xtoxicxrarrz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

My vote to Halo 4. Best graphics I had ever seen and a great campaign

#127 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

My favorite game of 2012 is Heroes of Ruin. It is a fun dungeon crawler, with daily quests and shows what can be done on the 3DS. The multiplayer is pretty good and it's easy to drop in and out of action. The voice chat even works pretty well.

I hope someone makes more like it.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#128 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I've enjoyed Resident Evil 6 the most, with 80 hours in and counting.

#129 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I swear I had posted here, but I guess not.

My favorite game is The Walking Dead. I haven't finished it, but the story is just too amazing. Even without much gameplay, I can't believe that they could create such a heartpounding game.

#130 dwb6

dwb6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

My favorite video game of 2012 is probably call of duty modern warfare 3. ya i know its just another call of duty game but they are so fun to me even though they really are the same thing with different guns. i am still able to play them nonstop while having alot of fun.
Posted Image
Google powered search engine. Almost identical to Bing rewards but offers way better rewards and is easier to earn swagbucks (points)
http://points2shop.com//banners/184785
Use points (earned by playing games, filling out easy surveys, or many other simple ways) to purchase stuff off of amazon.com

#131 sir-fly

sir-fly

watch me like tv

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

ufc 3 is my favorite game of all time
1 free month of gamefly http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/3BD7

#132 Deona

Deona

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

My favorite game I played in 2012 was Professor Layton and the Last Specter. The puzzles were great with a lot of variety in difficulty. I enjoyed learning about how the professor first met Luke (this game is a prequel, but I still suggest playing the others first). After completing the main game, there is still sooo much more to play with downloadable puzzles and even a full rpg game within the game! Definitely my favorite game to play in 2012. I'm looking forward to picking up the next Professor Layton once I buy a 3DS.

#133 wesdw369

wesdw369

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

assassins creed 3, even though I disliked parts of the ending, I felt closer the characters than I had since the first game, I was sucked into the single player and lost days doing ever random mission, finding all of the feathers and book pages. I couldn't get enough.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#134 Incsony

Incsony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Mass effect 3 has my vote. The single player was good, and I still play the multiplayer. Got to love those ME3opreations.

Ps
DLC was great.

#135 justoneuncle

justoneuncle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

My favorite game of 2012 was Assassins Creed 3. As a huge U.S. history buff, I really enjoyed the Revolutionary War setting. It was pretty cool how they incorporated major events during that period into the Assassins Creed storyline.

Thanks for the opportunity.

#136 Mr x Brightside

Mr x Brightside

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Mark of the Ninja XBLA game. Bought it while it was on sale.
it's a quick refreshment from all the high profile games I've played recently. I like the controls and the gameplay. It's smooth and easy to use which I really look for in 2D side scrolling games.
Also like the art style

#137 SirGray

SirGray

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

My favorite game of 2012 is Borderlands 2, really great game to play with the GF.

#138 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

My favorite was Halo 4.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#139 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

The favorite game I played in 2012 would have to be The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360. I played the Witcher 1 on PC and loved it, but unfortunately I haven't upgraded my PC in a very long time so I was unable to get Witcher 2. So I was really happy when Witcher 2 was ported to 360, and it looks pretty good to boot. The game also has a bunch of improvements to the first one and you really get immersed in the world, with meaningful choices that completely change where you go in the second act.

#140 jasonfletc

jasonfletc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

My favorite for 2012 was Dragon's Dogma. It takes a bit to get into it, but once you beat the game, the new game plus feature make the game even more fun the second time around. I really liked the pawn system too.

#141 Str8Nasty786

Str8Nasty786

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Since I only got and played 3 games from 2012 this won't be very difficult. The three games that I got and played were Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, and Forza Horizon. Out of these three games I would have to say that Borderlands 2 was probably my favorite. I absolutely loved the first one and this was was probably my most anticipated game, ever. Second I would have to pick Forza Horizon because I could just not stop playing that game once I popped it in. The gameplay was fantastic, the driving was so smooth and the soundtrack is amazing! Black Ops 2 is a good game, but it's more of the same, which is not a bad thing and which is why I bought it. I missed playing a call of duty and black ops 2 was perfect for that "craving."

Thank you for having this giveaway!

Posted Image

#142 GamjawanG

GamjawanG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Borderlands 2. I probably spent most of 2012 playing this awesome game.

#143 Dudemaster12

Dudemaster12

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

My favorite game has to have been Halo 4. I was very skeptical about this game going into it, and I think that is why I liked it so much. I didn't expect too much from it, and 343 definitely delivered. The graphics and game play are very good. Though many people didn't like it, I think the integration of some of the more popular Call of Duty features were very well done and add to the multiplayer experience. Overall a fantastic game.

#144 skatz83

skatz83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Far Cry 3 has surprised me in every way. There is so much to do in the game and I can't stop playing. Vaas is one of the best characters to come around in a while as well. I was hesitant going into this after Far Cry 2 (not saying its a bad game, it wasn't) but glad I made the purchase.

658427.png

sig.gif

#145 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

My favorite game for 2012 was Dragon's Dogma/The Witcher 2. Since The Witcher 2 is technically a 2011 game which I didn't get to play till it came to the 360, I'm using that caveat to give both games a mention. Dragon's Dogma was a surprisingly delightful game with much deeper mechanics than are apparent at a first glance. There was a sense of adventure every time I stepped out of a city, a feeling that I realized I had sorely missed and I was also glad that despite the initial suggestion of a weak story, the latter part of the game revealed as solid a core premise as any which with slightly better delivery could have stood proudly among much more lauded story driven games.

#146 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

No more entries for code one, I will notify the winner later today! Watch your PM box. :)

However, feel free to post if you'd like a chance at Code 2. If you'd like to change your game, feel free to do so.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#147 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Dragon's Dogma. I must have put over 100 hours into it before I 1k'd it. Capcom really nailed it on the head. It's a Dark-Souls styled game that's a little easier to get into.

#148 D4rkD4ni

D4rkD4ni

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Black ops 2 forza horizon tekken tag 2 minecraft(Xbox) most played in 2012 :3

#149 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Favorite game of 2012, damn that's a tough question. My first thought was to give it to borderlands 2 because of the fun I had and am still having with my friends on it but the more I think about it I'll have to give it to Batman Arkam City. The gameplay was amazing and never a dull moment. The story was epic and left me wanting more. So yes my favorite game for 2012 will have to be Batman Arkam City.

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#150 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Congrats to canvasch for his post about Forza Horizon! He originally picked a different game, but made a valid edit and explained as to why he chose it.

I'll pick another winner end of the month! Feel free to edit if you like as well, but be sure to explain your choice!

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png