• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not too much.

MSRP Price for Wii U Basic and Deluxe Systems - $299.99 and $349.99 respectively

$29.99 Games (including but not limited to*)
Just Dance 4 (:360:, :wii:, :ps3:, Wii U)
MOH: Warfighter (:360:, :ps3:, :pc:)
LittleBigPlanet: Karting (:ps3:)
Zumba Fitness: Core (:360:, :ps3:)
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (:ps3:)

*Ad says "selected others in store". So if there are other $29.99 games besides these, please post them so I can add them to the post! Thanks! :)

Edited by mossfan563, 11 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Posted Image

#2 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Dang Karting is dropping like a Sony stock rock

#3 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Looks like everyone is trying to dump their copies of MoH. I predict sub $10 within a few months. Not that that would make it any more enticing to me.

#4 srac84

srac84

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

MOH 19.99 at meijer

#5 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Target version of LittleBigPlanet Karting comes with a special kart/sackboy costume. I don't think the Best Buy version that is on sale this week comes with anything.

#6 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Any opinions on Little Big Planet Karting? For? Against?

Crunchewy.png

#7 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I was in the beta but didn't think it was that good. imagine mario kart, but now make most the power ups brokenly over powered.

not sure if it was fixed or anything, i'l probably get when it's $15 tbh just to see how the player content is.

#8 Crippldogg

Crippldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Pretty much like Mod Nation Racers but with sackboy. It's ok, my wife/kids like it

#9 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I got it when it was $15 at Target on Black Friday...traded it in for $30 at GS soon after...it was alright...Mario Kart is definitely better, the race tracks to me felt really short, and it was fun to pick up and play for like 30 minutes, but I just couldnt stay into it past that. IMO $30 is too much for it. $15 was about the right price point.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#10 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah get Karting at $20 or less. It's not a bad game, but considering the game has basically been cut in half two months into release, I think you can wait a bit longer.

#11 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I only played the beta, but I was instantly turned off. It wasn't really fun and it felt slow.

Might as well spend the extra $10 and get Sonic if you don't have it yet and want a kart racer.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#12 CritcalJ

CritcalJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I thought "Zumba Fitness" said "Zombie Fitness". I need a nap.

#13 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I was in the beta but didn't think it was that good. imagine mario kart, but now make most the power ups brokenly over powered.

not sure if it was fixed or anything, i'l probably get when it's $15 tbh just to see how the player content is.

you missed it when it was $15 the week after BF. That was like the best time to get it
Posted Image

#14 highGomez

highGomez

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Maybe not the best time to buy LittleBigPlanet Karting, but i will not wait more Posted Image

#15 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

The load times on LittleBigPlanet karting felt to long and way to frequent. Pretty much long loading between every race. Load, play track, load, go to hub, select track, load, repeat.

#16 jayhest

jayhest

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I picked up Little BigPlanet Karting for my kid when it was $15. We opened it up yesterday and played for a few hours. We both thought it was pretty fun. At $60 ... no way. But if you catch it below $25, it would be worth that hands down. As far as load times, they are frequent but I found them fairly quick. Thats way better that United Front's last racer, Modnation. I only wish they would have kept in the couch co-op option. Oh well, for $15 I'm definitely happy with the purchase.

#17 Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

'Cuz power-ups aren't broken in Mario Kart... lol.

I was in the beta, too, played it at a friends house post-launch... its a fun game. Definitely a step up from Modnation Racers. It has good creation tools, fun online, alright power-ups and decent mechanics/controls.

$30 is pushin' it, but I'd bite on it if you're a big cart racing fan or love playing/partaking in user created content. Although if you're going to get it, have a little fun with it and casually play it, I'd wait till around $20.

#18 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I thought "Zumba Fitness" said "Zombie Fitness". I need a nap.

That ... just might be genius ... you could have been a rich man if you'd kept that thought to yourself and developed it =-0

#19 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Quality speaks for itself. LBPK has only been out a little while and already been 15 and sales.

Mario Kart Wii has been out since what, 2008 and is keeping it's 40-50 dollar price.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#20 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Picked it up for my son for Christmas and he has not even played it yet... only plays Sonic Racing.

Poor LBP.

#21 zodiac308

zodiac308

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Is karting worth getting?

#22 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Is karting worth getting?

I got it to play with my 4 year old and it's pretty good so far. She loves mario kart so she adjusted quickly. It has its quirks but over all I don't regret the $15 I spent at target :)

#23 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

And now I see how this has been in the "hot" section of the Deals page: lackluster sale but over 13k in pageviews. My god.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#24 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

After getting burned by ModNationracers, (late, LATE worthwhile DLC, unkept promised dlc releases, and total DLC costs over $150!) It'll be a cold day in hell before I'll buy anything by them again.

IMHO both the LBP planet releases have been over rated.. they have short single player games included, and the levels released by the community for both are interesting, but nothing really Oh, WOW! Ever came from either of them.

#25 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Alright, so I stopped into Target today, and did not see anything at all worthwhile for the "un-named" $30 titles hinted at in the ad, anyone else?

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#26 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

not surprising that target didn't have any other titles at $29.99
Posted Image

#27 jedeyeben

jedeyeben

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Moh isn't worth $30, more like $1. IMHO it's complete garbage and I say that after loving the 2010 version. Don't waste time or money on that game.

#28 BlackDynomite

BlackDynomite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

a most def buy

#29 notman

notman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I did pick up Playstation All Stars Battle Royale for PS3 for the magic 29.99 price tag.

#30 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I did pick up Playstation All Stars Battle Royale for PS3 for the magic 29.99 price tag.

Was this for Black Friday or recently, because I want it for that magic price, too

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD