Photo
- - - - -

Get $5 Gift Card at Best Buy for trading in ANY old cell phone + other small devices

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I hope it's not just tablets. I have more phones to trade in. I'm going to head out in a bit to find out. I'm not going to bring the hard drives though, they probably will not work.

Take a look at the link in the bottom post of the previous page; the $5 GC "small electronic device" trade in promo has been extended to February 2nd.

I just checked their electronics trade in page and the Mimo didn't show up in the search, so I should be golden to trade it in as a generic tablet and get the $25 GC...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#92 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

yep, I'm just here to update. They are still taking phones, mp3 players and digital cameras. I just exchanged 5 for $25. Hard drives and Xbox 360 controller batteries do not work

#93 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Traded my Sansa MP3 player Nokia 6555 but my Nokia 2600 (somebody is actually charging $24 on Amazon for one!) and HTC Aria were not accepted due to not being in the system. Odd, as the Aria is much newer than my other phones.

#94 SereneStream

SereneStream

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

considering that the promotion was extended till feb. 2, i just wanted to verify if the promo is still valid on any device? the reason i'm asking is because the fine print says "not all products are eligible for trade-in"

also, the memo to the employees to register things that aren't in their systems as "recyclable" is only dated till the 19th. is this memo also extended to the 2nd of feb?

reason i'm asking this is cause i'd like to save myself, as well as other cag members, from taking the time or effort of going to best buy to trade in things only to be rejected.

#95 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

considering that the promotion was extended till feb. 2, i just wanted to verify if the promo is still valid on any device? the reason i'm asking is because the fine print says "not all products are eligible for trade-in"

also, the memo to the employees to register things that aren't in their systems as "recyclable" is only dated till the 19th. is this memo also extended to the 2nd of feb?

reason i'm asking this is cause i'd like to save myself, as well as other cag members, from taking the time or effort of going to best buy to trade in things only to be rejected.

Items that belong to catagories listed in the fine print work too. My brother just traded in 2 old film style cameras 2 days ago. I'm pretty sure they just need to input the items serial/or model number to process the recycle.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat293300050004

*Small device means any product in the following categories: laptops, tablets/e-readers, mobile phones, MP3, gaming hardware (console and handheld), DSLR and digital point-and-shoot cameras, and digital camcorders.

ex) Gaming hardware probably means home/portable consoles and does not include accessories like controllers.

For everything else basically bring in an item from any category accepted. I do not believe that any accessories will get you the $5 gift card, but they can recycle it for free or give you something if it has value in their trade system.

#96 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Has anyone tried to unload some old 3.5" hard drives? I have a few of them I took out of old computers at college (they were free for the taking, don't worry) and they're each around 30-40GB. I also found a bunch of shitty 128mb DDR RAM. Any chance BB will take those for $5 apiece? :lol:

Just trying to get as much money/credit as I can out of these things to soften the blow of buying a new desktop for after I graduate.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#97 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Has anyone tried to unload some old 3.5" hard drives? I have a few of them I took out of old computers at college (they were free for the taking, don't worry) and they're each around 30-40GB. I also found a bunch of shitty 128mb DDR RAM. Any chance BB will take those for $5 apiece? :lol:

Just trying to get as much money/credit as I can out of these things to soften the blow of buying a new desktop for after I graduate.

seriously man? look like 4 posts above you.

they wouldn't even take my Palm VII with the charging cradle

#98 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ah...I assumed that was an Xbox 360 hard drive. I misread what you said, but thanks for clearing it up.

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,

#99 m6oo

m6oo

Bicycle Repair Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Ymmv...they took my old Handspring Visor.

#100 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Ymmv...they took my old Handspring Visor.

True that. My brother's old Sony Clie that wouldn't power up got the OK.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#101 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the update on the offer extension guys...updated OP with new link and date.

th_w03j81.gif  

#102 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Traded in 5 old phones and a Zen Stone for $30. Not bad considering the Stone and my old Razr were severely damaged. I was really contemplating trading in my Zune with a broken hard drive, but eh...maybe I could fix it or sell it for parts for more than $5? It's a 4th gen, so Zune HD.

Best,

#103 The Dark Enforcer

The Dark Enforcer

Thunderstruck!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well damn, I missed the promotion.

Can anyone post an update if they hear/read about anyone else doing something like this? Would really appreciate it!

#104 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

So is this dead? Have a ton of old cameras, phones, consoles that don't work

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?