Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#271 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

More photos are in the link I provided. It's hilarious :lol: (and a terrible practice, but hey it's EA so is anyone surprised?) :rofl:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#272 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Interested in MK and UMvC, but wondering if I'll eventually get one or both through PS+. I have a large back log, right now, but Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. Also, do you have to order online, or are they the same in-store?

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#273 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

FIFA 12 Vita:

Spoiler
http://www.ign.com/a...ld-games-as-new

Lmfao. Reminds me of the Disney Classics. Slapping new pictures over the same base product:
Spoiler

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#274 Racerxaxa1

Racerxaxa1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Interested in MK and UMvC, but wondering if I'll eventually get one or both through PS+. I have a large back log, right now, but Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. Also, do you have to order online, or are they the same in-store?

It should be the same at the store. When ordering online they said some of the games I wanted would need to be shipped there. When I picked up one of my games, I went to he vita section and I found the other games I was looking for. There online stock of games may no be accurate.

#275 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

FIFA 12 Vita:
Posted Image

FIFA 13 Vita:
Posted Image
http://www.ign.com/a...ld-games-as-new

LMFAO EA is a joke. So glad I decided to go with SFxT pretty solid fighter for the Vita and the DLC PS3 Characters are a nice bonus.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#276 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Had a $10 Reward Zone and $10 Promo Code (from when they failed to send $4 Sherlock Holmes 2 Blu-Ray back on Black Friday), so I picked up Mortal Kombat, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken for $38 total. Would probably prefer them all digitally (fighting games work well in short bursts) but for about $12 per game I'll adjust. Also figure I can make a small eBay profit flipping the SFxT PS3 DL code.

As an FYI to people on the fence on Mortal Kombat , it will supposedly be on sale (but not PS Plus free) next week according to the PSN thread here and the PS blog podcast.

#277 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Picked up MK Vita and a headset stand. Would have bit on SH at 15, but I have enough vita games for now because of plus.

If you have Play Station Plus and you grab the free games offered are they yours to keep forever or the moment you unsubscribe to PS+ you can no longer play them?

I'm wondering if PS + would be a good thing to get for me...

#278 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you have Play Station Plus and you grab the free games offered are they yours to keep forever or the moment you unsubscribe to PS+ you can no longer play them?

Once your sub ends so does game access.

#279 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

You have to be always subscribed but considering you get at least a handful of free games every month it's so worth it. For $50 it's a steal.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#280 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Free games/content you have to be a subscriber.
Discounted games/content you keep.

#281 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

so this is in store too, yes?
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#282 SuicideSkull

SuicideSkull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

so this is in store too, yes?

yes its instore also

#283 biocat

biocat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

why do so many people seem to revel in watching companies / products fail these days?

#284 superfuzz

superfuzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

In for MK

#285 Dacoops3

Dacoops3

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Grabbed MK for Vita. Thank you OP!! :)

#286 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Grabbed MK and UMvC3, but now I'm contemplating bring them back. Played MK to death on PS3 and played the original MvC3 quite a bit. Thinking I may wait for the console version of UMvC3 to hit the same price point and then grab it for PS3.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#287 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Grabbed MK and UMvC3, but now I'm contemplating bring them back. Played MK to death on PS3 and played the original MvC3 quite a bit. Thinking I may wait for the console version of UMvC3 to hit the same price point and then grab it for PS3.

Agreed if you can get them on ps3 and maybe same price do it, it'll save your vita some life by not destroying it with button mashes hah. Also since ps3 community right now is better and imo i prefer fighting games on ps3. :). You can keep mk since thatd a good price for it on a vita but umvc3 i can see it going lower

#288 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks bought umvc3!

#289 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Picked up Gravity Rush and a Lemonade for $1.92 after redeeming a Shopkick certificate. Waiting for a good price on Unit 13.

#290 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I picked it up today. The little I've played on the multi-player was pretty fun. I haven't touched the single player, but it does appear to be pretty weak. I think someone with tempered expectations would be happy with it at $35 (assuming you want a multiplayer experience). Yes, it definitely has some shortcomings and could have been better, but if you are comparing this to (and expecting) a console version, you are doing it wrong.

It should be noted that a significant portion (certainly not all of it) of the bad reviews and comments can be attributed to the pre-patch version. There is a 450 MB patch now.

Thank you for the feedback CAGs. Maybe I will try to find a new COD vita on eBay for 25 new.

#291 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Playing CoD online now, game is a lot of fun online with some friends.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#292 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

just cant pull the trigger on slilent hill for the vita for some reason
WOOOO I STINK

#293 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Oh lol i thought their sale was the msrp yesterday

#294 spiderman8576

spiderman8576

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

picked up silent hill, been waiting for a sale on this. wish it was digital though

#295 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Found a copy of MK in store today when I went and grabbed a couple of guides, so I grabbed it, just going to have to return the copy I ordered from shipping when it comes in.

#296 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

are the turtle beaches any good compared to the astro a40/a50s?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#297 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Comment of the Century!!!!!! Going into my sig, Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#298 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Was hoping for some software outside of Vita.

oIi9lub.png

#299 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I finally bought Smart As...I was considering getting SH: Book of Memories also, but after watching a gameplay video on Youtube and reading more reviews, I decided to pass.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#300 splattboy32

splattboy32

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

I'm kicking myself right now. I'm a Gamer's Club Unlocked member and had a coupon for Buy 2 Get 1 Free that expired 12/31, so last week I bought Silent Hill BoM, SFxT, and Smart As for my Vita!

It came out to around $80 for all 3, but with this sale it would've been around $70. Does anyone think it's possible to have BB invalidate the promotion and give me a price adjustment?

Also, even though I'm a PS Plus member, I'm tempted to pick up a hard copy of Gravity Rush for some reason. Decisions, decisions....