Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#91 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Or it's just MSRP like plenty of other companies do hoping that people with Christmas money and a shiny new Vita won't notice and will buy the games up.

Ehhh, the thing is, when something is normally on sale at BB, it'll say it next to the item. That isn't the case with these. It really appears as if they just didn't update, or never intended to...

#92 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

so people got emails about this sale?

I just thought someone stumbled upon the link.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#93 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

the word "sale" does not necessarily mean that there is a reduction of price.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#94 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Ehhh, the thing is, when something is normally on sale at BB, it'll say it next to the item. That isn't the case with these. It really appears as if they just didn't update, or never intended to...

That's why I'm saying, if they never intended to, they're hoping to get people to buy without noticing something like that.

#95 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

The email that I received says up to 60 percent off.

#96 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Might be interested in Gravity Rush and Ridge Racer depending on prices.

Maybe Uncharted as well if it's under $20.

You get gravity rush (and a whole slew of other games like chronovolt, wipeout and uncharted, tons of minis and more stuff too) free if your a PS+ member. And yes, you only have access to the game as long as your a PS+ member, but trust me - its worth it.

The only reason I bring that up is you named 2 of the games to buy - that we get for free from PS+.

#97 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

i just got the email too, and it does say up to 60per cent off. looks like most of the other things are at 50 per cent off. hoping holds for vita games also
[url=ign.com]

#98 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Can anyone post a screenshot of said email online somewhere?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#99 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat292000050004

The deal page says up to 60%. Looking at the full video games list, everything just went live except for the vita games.

Up to 60%? Then technically that means this could be their sale price. I would not put it past them.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#100 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

The link from the email (that I received) does take you to a bestbuy clearance page. If you choose "video games," the OP's link is referenced correctly.

Posted Image

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#101 biocat

biocat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have followed the link and it's pretty clear those Vita games are supposed to be on sale. They just aren't...

#102 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Can anyone post a screenshot of said email online somewhere?

http://postimage.org/image/dbs8pgcoj/

Nevermind

#103 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, going to call Best Buy and ask them what is going on.

EDIT: So far she see's why I am confused and agrees it makes no sense that there are no sale prices listed. She is looking into it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#104 kinjutsu11

kinjutsu11

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

In about 30 minutes I'm going to grab some lunch and stop at my local best buy to see if the pricing in store has changed, hopefully.

#105 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

In about 30 minutes I'm going to grab some lunch and stop at my local best buy to see if the pricing in store has changed, hopefully.

Good plan. Every time I visit the store, the employees are so knowledgeable about website pricing and sales. :)

Also, I have never seen a price in-store that was lower than the website unless it was a specific store clearance, etc. You usually have to have them price match their own website if there is a discrepancy.

#106 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

If the prices are great, I will buy ever single Vita game on there I don't have. Really excited to see some sub-$20 prices!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#107 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off". The woman is like...that makes no sense, if it's not on sale then why is it in the category for the sale? So she is looking for someone else for me to talk to.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#108 timtheterrible

timtheterrible

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off". The woman is like...that makes no sense, if it's not on sale then why is it in the category for the sale? So she is looking for someone else for me to talk to.

Wow. What utter nonsense.

#109 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Those games have to be discounted what are the chances that everything else is discounted except all the vita games

#110 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat292000050004

#111 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I think everyone here has expectations that are a little too high. These 2 day sales or weekend sales never have the good deals. Best Buy's best deals are one day deals or unadvertised (possibly inadvertent) drops. These sale prices will likely be adjusted to $5 or $10 off each game. Then this thread will stay just as active with people complaining about the lousy pricing.

I hope i'm wrong, because there are a few games i'd like to have here, but only if they end up being substantially discounted.

#112 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

the word "sale" does not necessarily mean that there is a reduction of price.

This.

It's like the big "as advertised!" Signs on msrp games.

Is it sneaky? Sure. But it's not new.

#113 NedHead

NedHead

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I wish I could rate this thread 0 stars. Even 1 star implies that this is some type of deal, which it isn't. These are regular prices.

#114 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

haha let's give this thread a break. Go on a do your thing and imagine that this "sale" never crossed your mind. You lost nothing.

#115 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

This.

It's like the big "as advertised!" Signs on msrp games.

Is it sneaky? Sure. But it's not new.

I just laugh at those signs!

But I'm sure is affected at some point for unaware consumers.

#116 timtheterrible

timtheterrible

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I can't imagine why Best Buy seems to be going under with such killer deals as MSRP Vita games. Amazing...

#117 rirath

rirath

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off".

:applause: Wow.

#118 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

The woman agreed it should be on sale, the fact that it's not makes no sense. So I am calling RewardZone hoping someone there can help me, if not will call back Best Buy at 3 or so...

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#119 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Can you buy it now with the 10% and come back later when it drops in price and return it and get it for cheaper with the same 10% applied? :D

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#120 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

...I hope it'll last :bouncy: