Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#241 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

lol trophy hunters

jk I have 20 platinum trophies but not so much of a completionist anymore

Not really trophy hunting, but unless its a game I REALLY want to play, I hate buying games where I know I'll never have the ability (Or time) to Platinum it.

I'v done Dynasty Warrior games, and am close in a few SRPG's. But 500 hours is just damn insane for a game thats already pretty much dead.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#242 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Is COD worth 35?

#243 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

I decided to get SF X Tekken Vita since the character DLC by itself is normally 20 bucks. Also has some extra Vita only modes kind of like the 3DS SF4 port.

Do all copies come with the DLC? I thought I saw some copies at Best Buy without a "12 DLC Characters for PS3" sticker on the front.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#244 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Is COD worth 35?

No its not. Buy the console version the Vita version sucks.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#245 edallasplanet

edallasplanet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Decided to get SFXTekken and used a $5 reward zone coupon to knock it down to 20. Always wanted to buy it

#246 Bubbameister33

Bubbameister33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

When does this sale end?

Edited by Bubbameister33, 05 January 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#247 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Picked up MK. Couldn't pass it up at $9.99, thanks OP!

#248 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Not really trophy hunting, but unless its a game I REALLY want to play, I hate buying games where I know I'll never have the ability (Or time) to Platinum it.

I'v done Dynasty Warrior games, and am close in a few SRPG's. But 500 hours is just damn insane for a game thats already pretty much dead.

Why though? If you don't care or go after trophies, who cares if you can't platinum it?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#249 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Is COD worth 35?

No, god no. It's horrible. It's one of the most poorly reviewed Vita games for a good reason.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#250 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Is COD worth 35?

From the reviews I've read, it's not even worth $5. :\

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#251 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

MK is a must for $9.99

If you play it competitively on consoles, you can play just as competitive on the vita. Its as comfortable as playing with a controller.

And thanks for the input dgwillia006. I'm contemplating on getting ps+ now haha

#252 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Thinking hard about MK but I'm sure it will soon land on PSN+. Europe already got it.

#253 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Why though? If you don't care or go after trophies, who cares if you can't platinum it?

Just personal preference. I go for some, I dont go for some. Sometimes I go way in my backlog and finish something, so I prefer not to have a ton of unplatinum-able games in it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#254 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Is this sale going on through tomorrow?
Posted Image

#255 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

UMvC3 is just an awesome port, plays great and looks great - it's also more forgiving execution wise, but the online community will generally wipe the floor with you if you're not at least somewhat experienced and there's no rage quitting penalties so even if you can win 9 times out of 10 your opponent will bail out. SFxT arguably has more to do but fighting game enthusiasts tend to poop all over it and requires stricter timing overall. There's a boatload of characters to pick from on both so if you don't care about the online you can certainly find someone you like in either roster.

For anyone on the fence about Smart As, I can now recommend it in earnest. I've been playing it tonight and I think it's super - the handwriting recognition is a bit rough but the games are cool and there's local (i.e. based on your location) challenges where you can compete in your neighborhood/city with others. It's a pretty excellent brain training game.

thanks for the info.. any advice as to Silent Hill? that is the other one i am contemplating

#256 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

thanks for the info.. any advice as to Silent Hill? that is the other one i am contemplating

I got you.

For $25 it's a buy. That's what the price should have been. It has some good ideas, great style and is unique in it's own way. That said, I'm not a huge fan of grinding, and to have the easiest time with this game, you have to. You'll build a ritual to tackling each area, mine is to hunt for the save room, and immediately save. Then I slowly build my map, then I start gathering my pieces. It's a safe way to go about it, because being reckless will lead to frustration.

But anyway, I got it at launch, don't regret it but it isn't for everyone. But for $25 it is an easy rec. Just know that you will be frustrated at one point or another, and that it is stressful at times. But that's the point, in the old Resident Evil, holy shit I can't save right now/i'm out of items/slots sense.

#257 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

im assuming this sale is also in stores, right? might pick up the street fighter x tekken. theres a code, right? that way my bro doesnt have to buy the characters on the ps3. also when does this sale end?

Just personal preference. I go for some, I dont go for some. Sometimes I go way in my backlog and finish something, so I prefer not to have a ton of unplatinum-able games in it.

thats trophy hunting, guy.

#258 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I got you.

For $25 it's a buy. That's what the price should have been. It has some good ideas, great style and is unique in it's own way. That said, I'm not a huge fan of grinding, and to have the easiest time with this game, you have to. You'll build a ritual to tackling each area, mine is to hunt for the save room, and immediately save. Then I slowly build my map, then I start gathering my pieces. It's a safe way to go about it, because being reckless will lead to frustration.

But anyway, I got it at launch, don't regret it but it isn't for everyone. But for $25 it is an easy rec. Just know that you will be frustrated at one point or another, and that it is stressful at times. But that's the point, in the old Resident Evil, holy shit I can't save right now/i'm out of items/slots sense.

I prefer single-player games; would I still enjoy Book of Memories (I know there's a single-player mode, but from what gameplay I've seen, I got the sense that it was intended for multiplayer)?

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#259 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I got you.

SOLD lol
after my codes i got it for $5.29

#260 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

got MK because i've wanted it for a while..
just checked my email and BB emailed me 2 $10 codes for canceling 2 of the $1.99 PSP games on me....

sooooo... SFxTekken or Marvel vs Capcom????????

SFxT.

UMvC3 has amazing graphics, but feels 'floaty'. I like to be like Bam BAM!!!!!! Not like I'm filled with helium. Not sure why I bought that game twice
Spoiler

Guess I thought I'd, actually, play it on my Vita.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#261 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

I prefer single-player games; would I still enjoy Book of Memories (I know there's a single-player mode, but from what gameplay I've seen, I got the sense that it was intended for multiplayer)?

You saw the wrong gameplay videos. I will try to find the one/s I watched.

Edit:Ok. That's not gonna happen. Lol. The video wasn't from 1 of those obnoxious companies.

I'm tempted to trade my PS3 UMvC3 towards it. Hmmm... Time to check another thread.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#262 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Picked up MK Vita and a headset stand. Would have bit on SH at 15, but I have enough vita games for now because of plus.

#263 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thinking about grabbing the Vita Street Fight X Tekken. Does anyone remember exactly what DLC was suppose to come with it? I know there was the 12 extra characters but wasn't there also some costumes or something. All I remember it was also usable on the PS3 and the whole screw up by Capcom on it....which did get fixed right? :lol:

#264 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Thinking about grabbing the Vita Street Fight X Tekken. Does anyone remember exactly what DLC was suppose to come with it? I know there was the 12 extra characters but wasn't there also some costumes or something. All I remember it was also usable on the PS3 and the whole screw up by Capcom on it....which did get fixed right? :lol:

Its fixed for anyone who buys it now and redeems it. Capcom refused to believe mine was glitched out, so I ended up having to just do a copy swap to get a new voucher.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#265 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Is COD worth 35?

I picked it up today. The little I've played on the multi-player was pretty fun. I haven't touched the single player, but it does appear to be pretty weak. I think someone with tempered expectations would be happy with it at $35 (assuming you want a multiplayer experience). Yes, it definitely has some shortcomings and could have been better, but if you are comparing this to (and expecting) a console version, you are doing it wrong.

It should be noted that a significant portion (certainly not all of it) of the bad reviews and comments can be attributed to the pre-patch version. There is a 450 MB patch now.

#266 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Debating between Fifa 13 and Silent Hill. SH makes more sense since I already own Fifa 13 on 360 but I did enjoy playing the demo of last years Fifa on the Vita so maybe I can bite. $25 isn't as big of a discount as I wanted though. :-(

After reading more about Fifa it seems to be pretty much just a reskin of last years game, so now I have to decide between SH and SFxT haha.

FIFA 12 Vita:
Posted Image

FIFA 13 Vita:
Posted Image
http://www.ign.com/a...ld-games-as-new
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#267 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Wanted Marvel vs. Capcom, had a $20 Reward Zone card, could not find anything cheap to bump me over the limit, except for a $2 DS stylus. Although I figure MK is probably going free on Plus soon, it was only $8 more than filler, and I get a physical game.

Well worth it.
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#268 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

UMVC3 wasn't even on my Vita radar until this sale. Now I'm contemplating picking it up (probably from Amazon with credit from there, thanks for that tip!) but I have to think if I can pull myself away from Persona 4 long enough to justify buying any more games period.

#269 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

FIFA 12 Vita:
Posted Image

FIFA 13 Vita:
Posted Image
http://www.ign.com/a...ld-games-as-new

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#270 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

The nice thing about them just reskinning FIFA 12 Vita is that I can just look for 12 for cheap, since it's already been out for a while (not that it's anywhere close to my price range yet)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!