Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#1 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:

• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.

Official site http://www.bioshockg...pture/home.html

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

That sounds pretty sexy. Might be in for one.

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

...Well, looks like I'm trading in my copy of Bioshock 2 and picking this up. Thanks for posting the announcement, OP!

Also, there's a listing for "Kill 'Em Kindly" under Bioshock 2's DLC, but it isn't in the description you posted. Is that just another multiplayer DLC?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Collectible Stickers? Count me in!

That being said it is a pretty good value if you really like the franchise although Bioshock 1 and 2 can be found for dirt cheap.

#5 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

...Well, looks like I'm trading in my copy of Bioshock 2 and picking this up. Thanks for posting the announcement, OP!

Also, there's a listing for "Kill 'Em Kindly" under Bioshock 2's DLC, but it isn't in the description you posted. Is that just another multiplayer DLC?

Multiplayer DLC where you only use melee.

#6 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

any clue if the DLC is available on disc or included via downloadable code?

#7 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

any clue if the DLC is available on disc or included via downloadable code?

According to the product description page it's on the disc.

#8 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Cool.

#9 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

i'll be getting copy

Group Lowball 8/10 /14  -  8/19 /14

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310217-live-masa-friends-pizza-time-lowball-134-items-for-many-systems-stuff-for-all/

We  Got a lot of stuff to sale .... BUY!!!!!!!

#10 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

GOTY Editions with Stickers for full price or more? Count me... OUT

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#11 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

In because of the stickers.

#12 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I would get this, but with Bioshock 1 being on the Infinite disc for PS3, Bioshock 2 being free for PS+ and dirt cheap to buy, I think I'll pass for now.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#13 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Probably in for 1 as well. Too bad Bioshock 1 & 2 don't have much of a TIV.

#14 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Neither GS or Amazon have a listing for this.

#15 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I was waiting for this day! Will probably be in for one since I don't own any bioshock yet
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#16 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I think I'm gonna get this. I love both games quite a bit, and I can keep this sealed for a while and keep playing my regular vanilla copies since I have some of the DLC already.

#17 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Neither GS or Amazon have a listing for this.

Just give it a day or so.

#18 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Probably in for 1 as well. Too bad Bioshock 1 & 2 don't have much of a TIV.

Wait for Infinite to come out. Prices are always jacked up for the older games after a sequel is released,

#19 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

News = deal?
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#20 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

They couldnt even wait for next gen when they could of bundled all 3 as HDD remakes!

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#21 potat4o

potat4o

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Totally getting this ... just for the extra level in Bioshock :drool:

#22 blitzbllmstr

blitzbllmstr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I love all the anger in this thread. This was basically outed late last spring and was slated for a late fall release. Even if you do get Bioshock 1 and 2 for free from Infinite and PS Plus you didn't get any of the dlc, which is 35.00 easy if you buy it. This comes with it all + and couple extras, I'll wait a couple weeks and buy it in late Feb so its an easy price match at BB when Infinite comes out and this is inevitably put on sale.
I haven't paid full price for a game since Dec 2005

#23 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

They couldnt even wait for next gen when they could of bundled all 3 as HDD remakes!

as hard drive remakes?

#24 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Totally getting this ... just for the extra level in Bioshock :drool:

lol, thinking the same thing!

#25 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I love all the anger in this thread. This was basically outed late last spring and was slated for a late fall release. Even if you do get Bioshock 1 and 2 for free from Infinite and PS Plus you didn't get any of the dlc, which is 35.00 easy if you buy it. This comes with it all + and couple extras, I'll wait a couple weeks and buy it in late Feb so its an easy price match at BB when Infinite comes out and this is inevitably put on sale.

There's not much anger here at all. You're also valuing the DLC as worth full price, which really only Minerva's Den is, and even that goes on sale a few times a year.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#26 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

as hard drive remakes?

No. Higher Def Def. Since these are already in HD.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#27 shepsheppard

shepsheppard

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Shepsheppard thinks this is a deal and good news. Shep thinks that people who say news =deal in a thread is mad bc they didnt post this deal.

#28 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

So I presume this actually includes Bioshock 1 & 2? I mean there's no mention of that. It sounds like it's an add-on to your existing game. Not true, right?

Crunchewy.png

#29 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have a 360 but don't own Bioshock 1 or 2 (fail, I know.). Would this be a good deal for a guy looking to get into the series or do new copies run pretty cheap for the standard editions?

#30 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

News = deal?

Don't kill the messenger :)

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan