Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition Announced $30 1/14

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#91 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I have a PC copy of 2 and a ps3 collectors edition. I never got around to getting 1. May have to pick this up. Anyone know if the PC mp is still alive?

#92 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Even though I got 2 from Plus, I might buy this since I never played 1 and dont have any DLC.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

You can get all this on steam right now for $9.99 I think. Minus the stickers and art stuff.

Not sure if it includes the DLC though? Anyone?

I already own both games on Steam, DLC not included cause must be bought on the GFWL store. I was thinking about getting it as a collectors item and why not to have the DLC. They're probably not releasing them on PC cause of the DRM schemes, Bioshock is DRM free while Bioshock 2 uses GFWL.

Tretton.png

#94 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Always wanted the DLC for both games but never bit so this will easily be a day one for me.

I heart BioShock.

#95 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hope it has a cool steelbook or slipcover like Oblivion 5th anniversary or how Fallout 3 GOTY had a slipcover. If not pass on it.

Posted Image

#96 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I've had Bioshock 1 and 2 for a long while now...and have never played either. I'm thinking I need to do something with my backlog.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#97 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hope it has a cool steelbook or slipcover like Oblivion 5th anniversary or how Fallout 3 GOTY had a slipcover. If not pass on it.

This is exactly what this needs to push me over on buying this.

#98 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

that's a pretty sweet deal if you hadn't played either one. I have plus so I have a copy of 2 digitally and I'm getting infinite which is supposed to come with a copy of 1. I have already beat 1 and 2 multiple times.

#99 Ndolger

Ndolger

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Been looking to pick up the DLC for a long time. Sounds like I may bite on this...

Collections: Anime - Games

#100 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Not even 24 hours has passed and I'm already second-guessing my Amazon order.

I wasn't necessarily interested in the game when it first came out, I don't know if I am now.

I think I'm gonna cancel it.

oIi9lub.png

#101 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Bioshock 1 remains one of my favorite games of all time, just incredible

i have bioshock2 but havent gotten around to it, but ive heard it wasnt as good it was done at a different studio and ken levine really didnt have any work on it

nonetheless im still going to double dip on this version because of the exclusive stuff it comes with

also have the songbird edition of infinite preordered, ken levine is a genius IMO

edit: anyone seen a pic of the coverart for this version yet?

#102 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Bioshock 2 isn't as good because you've already seen Rapture. Yeah, you get to see new parts but the "wow" factor isn't as big as it was in 2007.

That said, it is a fantastic game. I'd probably rate the original a 9/10 and give the second about an 8. Well worth the time to play through. The Minerva's Den DLC is amazing as well.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#103 WyldRyce

WyldRyce

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Played them both on the 360. Loved them. Just ordered it for the PS3. Never did play through any of the DLCs though.

#104 mirai

mirai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

it is open for preorder at bestbuy canada as well. but not at bestbuy us yet. i know i can preorder it at amazon right now but i want to use my bestbuy rewards certificate...

Edited by mirai, 05 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#105 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

preordered, this is a no brainer!

#106 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Not even 24 hours has passed and I'm already second-guessing my Amazon order.

I wasn't necessarily interested in the game when it first came out, I don't know if I am now.

I think I'm gonna cancel it.

Keep it Bioshock is one of the best games of this generation.

#107 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I just recently got addicted to collecting blu ray movies so idk if I'll be able to buy this with DREDD, End of watch, and Seven Psychopaths and best buys upgrade and save all coming this month. Ughh.. This collection is so awesome

#108 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Bioshock is probably my favorite game of all time.

Looks like someone never played System Shock 2
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#109 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I never picked up Bioshock 2, and I only barely started Bioshock 1, so I'll definitely have to consider this. Any word on if the extras are on a voucher, or if it will all be on the disk(s)?

#110 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Never played most of Bioshock 2 or any of the DLCs. So I will order this, no brainer. Just dont know which system for yet.

#111 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I never picked up Bioshock 2, and I only barely started Bioshock 1, so I'll definitely have to consider this. Any word on if the extras are on a voucher, or if it will all be on the disk(s)?

It's on the disc.

#112 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Looks like someone never played System Shock 2

while I wouldn't give best game of all time to either, I will agree that the conversations in this thread lend one to believe that most cags in here have never played system shock 1 or 2.

that's the real shame. imagine if they remade those and included those? that could be the best bonus of all time.
gwensigol8.png

#113 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Never played System Shock 1 or 2. Loved both Bioshock 1 & 2 though. I don't play PC games, as i rarely ever have enough time to play all of my console games as it is, so i don't bother with PC.

sixteenvolt420.png

#114 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

And for all the early adopters, the people that helped build the Bioshock enterprise, the fans of both games that bought them when they were made available...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

sweet. my rz certs from my tradeins will be ready by the time this comes out and it will be freeee for me. oh, if ur wondering which platform to get it on, 360 is better per lens of truth and digital foundry. if u only have ps3 then no big deal.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#116 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

This is a really good deal. LOVED the first game, second was good but not as good. Played thru most of the DLC already (and a ton of the MP just to get the plat). Stickers don't thrill me that much, but oh well. Hard to pass up if you've never got into both games.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#117 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

sweet. my rz certs from my tradeins will be ready by the time this comes out and it will be freeee for me. oh, if ur wondering which platform to get it on, 360 is better per lens of truth and digital foundry. if u only have ps3 then no big deal.

The ps3 version of the original came out a year later with higher res textures so that version is better, but the second looks better as far as colors and details on the 360. I have both games for 360, ps3, and PC and I still may get this!

#118 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

And for all the early adopters, the people that helped build the Bioshock enterprise, the fans of both games that bought them when they were made available...

Posted Image

What do you expect? A blow job? You've been able to play the games for years.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#119 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

They got to play BS1 about half a decade ago before those who bought this collection. Oh and Xbox owners did get the BS1 DLC for free, which was later included with the PS3 version when that was released.

#120 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

What do you expect? A blow job? You've been able to play the games for years.

No shit. At what point did buying something years ago entitle you to something in the future?

Unless we're talking about a subscription service.

I paid retail price for the Bioshock 1 Limited Edition with the Big Daddy, I could sell that for a profit if I wanted, does that count?

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid